What's new

Controller autoconfig

Jabo

Emulator Developer
One of the features Im looking to add to Jnes is the ability to detect what kind of USB Controller you are using and provide an 'autoconfig' option that will set it up quickly

In order to faciltate this I need to have a better idea of what controllers people are using, I'm not expecting immediate responses but if you can post a screenshot of the Jnes Input Dialog to this thread it would help me get a better idea of the diversity I am dealing with.

I'm not expecting to add every controller on the planet but one thing is obvious already, every brand like Logitech generally follows a certain layout for all their controllers, so I want to add popular brand layout definitions to Jnes, and it will have a general one to fall back on which people can configure afterwards since it probably wont be completely correct.

StirCrazy

This isnt a usb adapter but the DIY parralel ps2 one...
Drivers psxpad Psxpad web (i think some comercial ones use these also)

controller ids are "Psx Gamepad 1" and "Psx Gamepad 2"

buttons set if looking at a real psx pad are

PSX | NES
X | B
O | A
Square | Turbo B
Triangle | Turbo A

start and select are themselves
also this is in analog mode in digital those would be the digital pad not the stick if set in options otherwise

Dpad Left = Joypad 13
Dpad Right = Joypad 15
Dpad Up = Joypad 12
Dpad Down = Joypad 14

acording to your code atleast the drivers and other apps all start at 1 with the enum

these are default driver settings also figured id mention it since you can remap the button numbers to other buttons

ie you can make button 1 = X instead of triangle(default)

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
This isnt a usb adapter but the DIY parralel ps2 one...
Drivers psxpad Psxpad web (i think some comercial ones use these also)

controller ids are "Psx Gamepad 1" and "Psx Gamepad 2"

buttons set if looking at a real psx pad are

PSX | NES
X | B
O | A
Square | Turbo B
Triangle | Turbo A

start and select are themselves
also this is in analog mode in digital those would be the digital pad not the stick if set in options otherwise

Dpad Left = Joypad 13
Dpad Right = Joypad 15
Dpad Up = Joypad 12
Dpad Down = Joypad 14

acording to your code atleast the drivers and other apps all start at 1 with the enum

these are default driver settings also figured id mention it since you can remap the button numbers to other buttons

ie you can make button 1 = X instead of triangle(default)

Cool post StirCrazy, It would be nice to see some more of these by Jnes users to have a better compat for this nice feature.