What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Macphisto's hi-res Banjo-Kazooie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
M

macphisto

I signed up just to post in this thread ;P
I hope you finish this project as its looking great.
Are you going to release what you have allready done or am I missing something blindingly obvious? (eg. progress so far has been released)

Well, my eary work was released in a few packs a few pages back on this thread, though that was early "filtering" work and needs improved a bit. The trouble with this project is that it's inevitably going to turn out to be a massive download due to the size and detail of the textures. I plan on breaking this down and making it more accessable to people who just want a quick go by seperating the packs level by level as they are completed with one larger pack called Grunty's Lair which is everything bar the levels. That's roughly 50% complete.
I've currently completed Mumbo's Mountain and Mad Monster Mansion. Mumbo's textures have to be improved as there arn't nowhere near as much custom textures as there are in the later sections that I've worked and am working on.

Last edited:

mark128

please could you provide a link, i must be going blind but i cant see a link for a file download.
thanks (sorry to be a pain)

mark128

i have the packs (it was right infront of me the whole time.) i have extracted them to my plugin file into a file called Banjo-Kazooie however when i load my game the new textures do not show (i have a load high res textures if available on, i have got high res textures to work for Zelda OoT however i cant seem to get them to work for Banjo

Edit: im an idiot i have them working, they look amazing keep up the good work i really hope you finish this project

Last edited:

Vinilipe

Brazillian EmuTalk Member
if u need any help, macphisto... just ask!
Hope I can help with this projects as its fantastic...
If you dont want or dont need any help with the textures, I'll just wait for the pack, because its really a fantastic job.

OP
M

macphisto

if u need any help, macphisto... just ask!
Hope I can help with this projects as its fantastic...
If you dont want or dont need any help with the textures, I'll just wait for the pack, because its really a fantastic job.

As a matter of fact, yes. Most of the game's hud textures (Mumbo's skull, notes, numbers, charater gifs etc etc...) need to be sharpened in much the same way as the life meter has been. If those could be worked on by other people, it would be grand.

Vinilipe

Brazillian EmuTalk Member
I'll try to make the letters and numbers...
I dont know if I can edit the Gifs...
Are you editing the character textures?
I'm better retexturing this kind of texture than hud textures.

OP
M

macphisto

I'll try to make the letters and numbers...
I dont know if I can edit the Gifs...
Are you editing the character textures?
I'm better retexturing this kind of texture than hud textures.

I prefere to work on the bigger, more detailed level textures than the smaller ones. I havn't done any character textures, save for Banjo's shorts. I tried to put a fur texture on Banjo, but the plug-in must not recognise really small textures of 16x16. If you want to work on characters or anything else, then feel free. It's more than welcome.

Last edited:

Solo_Rex

The one and only
About those bricks:
If you could make the bricks fall "outside" of the texture then I think it would look way less blocky.

As for this whole project: Just amazing work!

OP
M

macphisto

Ah, right. Yeah, well, I resized those back to the original size that match up to game's original texture.

Iconoclast

The only goddamn hi-resolution texture project I was even able to download via a working link. A job well done.

Aurelian

Maverick Hunter
The others download...I got the one for OoT and Super Mario 64, to work. That was a little over a week ago.

daninthemix

Hey Macphisto the work you've done is incredible.

Do you have an ETA on when the entire project will be done? And will you release a complete pack for convenience sake at that time? I can help if you need somewhere to host it.

Also, any plans for Banjo-Tooie? :drool:

Mollymutt

Hey Macphisto the work you've done is incredible.

Do you have an ETA on when the entire project will be done?

Anybody that asks a question like that has no idea just how big a project like this is. There are literally thousands of textures in a game like this, and between work, school, and sleep, there are only so many hours in a day to work on these things. IMO it would take at least six months to complete a pack, and that's with a major daily time commitment. So chill and he'll finish in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.