What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Macphisto's hi-res Banjo-Kazooie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazangwa

Wowzers! It looks astonishing, very good work. Although Intel's integrated graphics even with 256mbs of video RAM can't handle it, the screenshots stand on their own!:bouncy:

Leo111

I barely even post here anymore, but this pack really deserves a congratulation. You have some superb textures there, probably they're among the best I ever saw here. Congrats!:D

Vinilipe

Brazillian EmuTalk Member
I think its better now...
lets see what they think about it...
Fantastic job, again!

gandalf

Member ready to help
mmmm i prefer the bigger ones
with the smallers ones, the textures it´s......repeated so much times and it´s not good (imho)

4real

I agree the bigger one's look a lot better, the small ones do repeat to much.

Go for the same size the game used in the first place then you know you got them right.

This is the best retext pack ive seen keep up the good work.

OP
M

macphisto

That's what I've been aiming to do. I cut my textures to roughly the same amount of bricks that were used in the original and try to retain the same kind of pattern and colour. Back to the original we go, then.

X-Fi6

My GOD, when I first saw this page these textures looked better than Wii graphics!

Truly excellent work. Yeah, the bigger bricks do look better.

OP
M

macphisto

Thoes new screens look great! I just don't know if they fit the game. Too realistic for such a cartoony game.

In comparison to the actual game texture's, there's actually not really that much of a difference in terms of design. I know what you mean about the detail, but I run them through a stylise filter and anisotise them so they don't look as detailed as the real world textures. If you look at the screen with the mummy, those walls are actually the original textures with filters and blended with a stone wall background so it looks just as the original did but with a new hi res look.
Different sections of the game will have slightly more gritty textures with more detail. This is such a section and I think it works very well. Had I just upped the resolution a little and added a few filters, the difference would be too minimal. Trust me - it looks great in game with a real differece in sharpness and detail. Looking at the extracted textures in their compressed size's, I'd say if the dev's back when this game was being made, had the memory and processing power of what is offered in Rice's Plug-in, then I think the game would have looked very similar to what I'm doing in those screens. The only real reason it didn't is because when the N64 uncompressed the original texture, it stretched it out and blurred it, so it didn't look half as good.

Last edited:

Vinilipe

Brazillian EmuTalk Member
I like it.
It has a lot of detail, but it fits very well with the game, imo.
And as you said, they look just like the original ones, but better!

JimNastics

Wow... this looks fantastic! I haven't re-played Banjo since 1998, what better way than with new hi-res textures? Great work macphisto :)

Akasagi

Apprentice
macphisto, man. Its all looking amazingly well done! The quality of the the textures and how they still seem to fit in nicely. Its all amazing. I can't wait for further updates! Though I'm still having a bit of trouble getting them to load. I'm sure I'll have it done soon.

fixed the texture problem. It was a directory mislabeling mistake.

Good job once more!

Last edited:

mark128

I signed up just to post in this thread ;P
I hope you finish this project as its looking great.
Are you going to release what you have allready done or am I missing something blindingly obvious? (eg. progress so far has been released)

Status
Not open for further replies.