What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Macphisto's hi-res Banjo-Kazooie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poobah

Do you think you could work on the honeycomb pieces that represent Banjo's health some more? They kind of look like you've just applied a filter; they need more detail.

OP
M

macphisto

Of course. I just took the bitmap for that texture and cleaned it up a little to see how it would look. It's one of those textures where it can't imediatly be replaced with similar artwork from another source, so it has to be done freehand.At the time I was just concentrating more on getting a bulk of textures sharpened up from area's in Gruntilada's Liar. I'll post a screen in the above section when I do it.

Edit - done. See up. Let me know if it's a noteable improvement.

Last edited:

Poobah

It looks much better now, but those brown lumps in the middle sections of the honeycomb pieces look a bit out of place.

OP
M

macphisto

I was thinking of adding that hexagonal effect into the centre too. Though if the meter represents a single section of a honeycomb, then it would be filled with honey hence the reason for the glaze in the pics.

Poobah

The honey in the middle of the honeycomb pieces isn't interacting very well with the edges of the pieces. Do you think you could change it so that it is all contained within the borders rather than leaking out a bit?

OP
M

macphisto

The honey in the middle of the honeycomb pieces isn't interacting very well with the edges of the pieces. Do you think you could change it so that it is all contained within the borders rather than leaking out a bit?

You mean bordor it off around the insides?

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
I'm gonna say it again, this is right now one of the best packs on Emu Talk. It's great to see quality like this while so many others are spewing out mediocre crap. Keep it up!

Anchel

The Xpaniard
GASP! OMG!
I had never seen such an impressive ammount of detail in a retexturing project!
There are fine touches everywhere, from the grass on the ground to the vines up the wall, going through the coloured glass windows and the clock on the tower.

There is only one small thing that I should note down, and it is the wall on the cathedral. Though it does look good when looked from far away because it gives an old feeling, when looked up close you realize it's impossible for a wall to have that much grass in between the stones (http://www.emutalk.net/attachments/...os-hi-res-banjo-kazooie-banjo-kazooie-32.jpg).

Maybe you should try a different thing, but it's not really that much of an important thing.

And for last, I would suggest retexturing the pictures on the wall of the inside of the house (grunty's and the pot's). You could just replace them with pictures of them taken at any part of the game (in the credits at the end of the game you get to see some good takes of every character in the game, you could easily take a picture of them and place them on the texture for the hanging picture on the wall).

But otherwise this project is going more than great! I wouldn't expect you to retexture the sky because it would take a lot of time and it looks great as it is, but the most difficult thing to retexture will be the characters faces when they appear next to the text they are saying, as they are animated with many frames. Not that I'm asking you to retexture them, but it would be a nice touch if at least one or two character's faces were revamped, like grunty's and banjo+kazooie's face next to the life icons. Still, that's only a suggestion.

Keep up the good job! I'm hoping to see this texture-pack complete!

OP
M

macphisto

Thanks. The grass on the church isn't really grass but long moss growing in between the gaps. All I would really need to do here is to darken parts of it so it seems less protrusive. The pictures in the house can be replaced with artwork from the game, or screens like you said, but I've a few other ideas for a surprise that fit in without taking too many liberties. There are also two new screens of inside the church added above.

Edit - I've found my first real problem. Some of the very smallest textures (16x16) are used to texture certain small details along with some of the characters themselves. When I resize them and touch them up, they don't work. I resize them to the 4x limit, in the case of these it's 64x64. Are they too small to be resized or what?

Last edited:

j234

I'd like to say this is one of the best retexturing projects i've seen. The detail added is really good, while it still captures the essence of the game. Excellent work!

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Amazing work, amazing game. Perfect combination. All i need now, is some cheese popcorn (My BK snack, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.