What's new

Windows XP controls in VC++ 2005

NoeOM

Mankind Member
A very concise question:

How do I use this control (see attachment) in my own VC++ 2005 applications?

Poobah

Apparently the list view controls support a grouping feature of some sort. Perhaps you could recreate it using those.

zilmar

Emulator Developer
They look like they might be custom components .. you might have to write up some compentent for your self. If you have Visual studio installed there is a neat program called spy++ that will let you look at what is the class name of all windows so you can get some idea of how they have created that control.

pegasus001

Normal User
I got too visual studio 2005 but i use c#. If your control is a dll then it is simple. Go to the components toolbar that is on the left(at least in C#), right click somewhere and on the popup window select add new components(or sth like this, i don`t remember very well), then will open one window where you`ll click one of the two tabs(if the names end up in a .dll extension then you`re in the right tab). Then you have to click browse and find your control. When your control is added into the list select it and click Ok. You will see that your components was added in the components toolbar. Then you only have to drag-n-drop it on the form. It`s been a long time since i`ve last programmed in c++, i hope it`s correct. If you need more help send me a message. BYE