What's new

Glide64: Wrapper Issue

OP
Iconoclast

Iconoclast

How do I tell which kind of Windows XP I have? It says I have Home Edition, so I know it's not Media Center Edition. But for downloading the drivers from nvidia's site, it has two other OS driver options: Windows XP / 2000 and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. Which one do I pick? I picked Win XP / 2000, but I just want to make sure I picked the right one. I think I did, but something went wrong, so I have to blame the problem on something (not really), so I'm just double checking the OS I picked first.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You can see the version of Windows XP that you have by pressing Alt+Pause/Break.

OP
Iconoclast

Iconoclast

System:
  • Microsoft Windows XP
  • Home Edition
  • Version 2002
  • Service Pack 2
Computer:
  • AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2600+
  • 2.13 GHz, 512 MB of RAM
Home Edition...that's what I thought. Well, IDK why it still won't work (the Glide64 plugin). Again, what about my version of OpenGL? How do I check it? I can check my version of DirectX, but what about OpenGL?

Ooh...I got one thing. The previous PC I had...IDK if that thing even had a video card, it was pretty slow and old and only 15 GB of disk space. Nevertheless, though I couldn't emulate the N64 on that thing with DirectX...I could emulate using OpenGL. I never tried the Glide64 OpenGL plugin, but I did try that crappy 1964 OpenGL plugin. It actually let me play Super Mario 64 at 20 or so FPS, which was, for that PC, amazing. When I try that OpenGL plugin on THIS PC, it's STILL about 20 FPS, so something's wrong here.

The plugin for OpenGL I'm talking about, by the way, is this:

http://www.ngemu.com/download.php?action=plugin&id=45

Maybe it's not my driver, then, but I don't know what else it could be.

*Edit: Screw that idea. The plugin is, actually, faster since I replaced my graphics driver with that one from NVidia's site. Perhaps this is an improvement.

Last edited:
OP
Iconoclast

Iconoclast

Yeah, right, ignore my previous post; it turns out the Glide64 plugin does work for me now. It just won't work for me on Bomberman 64; that's what I didn't test first. The NVidia driver I just installed really did fix my problem, however, I am still having problems with playing Bomberman 64. The game loads, I hear sound, but no graphics whatsoever. Not a single pixel. My screen's just fully black...not to be racist. Now, BigHead's guide said that the Glide64 plugin is supposed to be the best graphics plugin for this game (specifically when using the Mupen64 emulator). But when I use this plugin, no graphics show up. As for the rest of the games, they work now, so poobah and doom actually did fix step 1 of my problem.

lolgo13

Zelda Fanatic
Yeah, right, ignore my previous post; it turns out the Glide64 plugin does work for me now. It just won't work for me on Bomberman 64; that's what I didn't test first. The NVidia driver I just installed really did fix my problem, however, I am still having problems with playing Bomberman 64. The game loads, I hear sound, but no graphics whatsoever. Not a single pixel. My screen's just fully black...not to be racist. Now, BigHead's guide said that the Glide64 plugin is supposed to be the best graphics plugin for this game (specifically when using the Mupen64 emulator). But when I use this plugin, no graphics show up. As for the rest of the games, they work now, so poobah and doom actually did fix step 1 of my problem.
Try downloading the rom from a different site. I had that prob with PMario and that fixed it. Or check it out with Good64. Sorry I don't know the URL.