What's new

Matrix mode fully enabled in CBFD with Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6!!!

A.I.

Banned
How?

Use Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6 Graphics Plugin with either PJ64 or 1964.

Default settings not required.

Tick 'Adjust game aspect ratio to match yours' in 'Advanced' in Graphic's config.

That's it. Enjoy full matrix mode.

Cons:

When game is paused screen turns black. (Atleast with my video card)
Radar, Life Bar, Kills, etc. is also missing, including menu selection titles. Just unclick 'Adjust game aspect ratio to match yours' to view them normally.

Unfortunately, the screen turns black in two player mode with this
setting enabled and I don't think matrix mode works properly with Two Players anyway, though I could be wrong. However if the cheat 'matrix mode anywhere' is turned on and Player one activates it both players perform matrix mode simultaneously; Player one's screen is all glitched but Player Two's screen works perfectly.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
Doomulation said:
Maybe you should try Glide64 & Wrapper. From what I'm told, it works pretty well.

Unfortunately my graphics card doesn't support Glide. :(

Anyway, I'm sure people with low end cards like mine would find this a pretty good solution. :bouncy:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
A.I. said:
Unfortunately my graphics card doesn't support Glide.
None of the current (and even older cards) graphics cards do. That's why we have Glide wrappers. Glide was only in the Voodoo line of cards after all.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
A.I. said:
Unfortunately my graphics card doesn't support Glide. :(

Anyway, I'm sure people with low end cards like mine would find this a pretty good solution. :bouncy:
Were you born yesterday? What do you think the wrapper is for? Go to emuxhaven and sniff out the Wrapper thread.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
Doomulation said:
Were you born yesterday? What do you think the wrapper is for? Go to emuxhaven and sniff out the Wrapper thread.

Buddy, I am already aware of Glide and the wrappers. I've tried using them and as I said my card doesn't support it. I haven't seen this solution listed in the forum or the game help FAQ so naturally when I discovered it I was eager to share it with everybody. People who can't afford the latest video card or computer will be able to enjoy CBFD with matrix mode. That was my intent.

I have been often criticized for spamming so this is my first real attempt to contribute something to Emutalk and now this is the thanks I get!

I don't expect a gold medal but a bit of respect would go a long way, Doomulation. Not everybody is a programmer or a computer expert. I'm just a gamer, slowly learning about emulation. Yes I'm a NOOB. But I'm also not a moron. I can read you know!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
We are not here to criticize your post, but when you write "My card doesn't support Glide," it makes people confused. You should have stated that your card cannot run the WRAPPER.
Also, as Glide64 & Wrapper supports this well, people who has cards to DOES support it can use that solution as well.
Oh and the 'Adjust game aspect ratio to match yours' only adjusts how the screen is positioned on your screen and has nothing to do with the fix, AFAIK. Or?

Last edited:
OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
Doomulation said:
We are not here to criticize your post, but when you write "My card doesn't support Glide," it makes people confused. You should have stated that your card cannot run the WRAPPER.
Also, as Glide64 & Wrapper supports this well, people who has cards to DOES support it can use that solution as well.
Oh and the 'Adjust game aspect ratio to match yours' only adjusts how the screen is positioned on your screen and has nothing to do with the fix, AFAIK. Or?

OK. I may have over reacted and I wasn't clear that my card cannot run the wrapper, not Glide, for my card does run with Glide (320x240 res only) but I still get error reports and I don't get the desired FX anyway.

But I guarantee you that ticking 'Adjust game aspect ratio to match yours' will enable matrix mode to work perfectly. Why, I don't know. I'm no computer programer.

I just wish that there was a way for the the menu and player's stats to stay on screen as they disappear when this setting is on. Jabo is the only plugin that seems to work bug free for me. Rice's plugin, for some unknown reason, conflicts with my player's movement, causing him to stick to the ground.

I would be happy if someone could shed some light and offer an explanation and a possible solution (Other than Glide or GL) using Jabo's plugin. Surely there is another option that needs to be ticked/unticked that I'm not aware of which will get the menu/player stats to appear?

You'd also think if Matrix mode is to working why wouldn't the pause screen FX work correctly as well? These are questions that I would like answered.

mudlord

Banned
My belief behind why it works is because the option aligns the black-and-white textures in the video card's framebuffer storage area (probably Jabo used pixel-buffer objects in his plugin for HWFBE) to a point in which the textures needed for matrix-mode motion blur are rendered correctly, thus creating a working "matrix mode" framebuffer effect. And probably, when this option is enabled, the other framebuffer effect textures,like the pause screen, come out of alignment, and they don't work.

Of course, feel free to take my beliefs as a grain of salt. I might not be well technically versed (I do have some experience with OpenGL, thats why I contribute to Hacktarux's wrapper, but my N64 technical knowledge is not so good), so feel quite free to correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
mudlord said:
My belief behind why it works is because the option aligns the black-and-white textures in the video card's framebuffer storage area (probably Jabo used pixel-buffer objects in his plugin for HWFBE) to a point in which the textures needed for matrix-mode motion blur are rendered correctly, thus creating a working "matrix mode" framebuffer effect. And probably, when this option is enabled, the other framebuffer effect textures,like the pause screen, come out of alignment, and they don't work.

Of course, feel free to take my beliefs as a grain of salt. I might not be well technically versed (I do have some experience with OpenGL, thats why I contribute to Hacktarux's wrapper, but my N64 technical knowledge is not so good), so feel quite free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And the solution? :ermm:

Poobah

Did you enable "Copy framebuffer to RDRAM"? It should work with that on.

EDIT: My mistake, it is broken in the plug-in.

Last edited:
OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
Poobah said:
Did you enable "Copy framebuffer to RDRAM"? It should work with that on.

EDIT: My mistake, it is broken in the plug-in.

It's like flogging a dead horse! Can somebody fix it please? :(

Last edited: