What's new

A Feature to help with Large Sigs

Cobrax1884

Banned
Wow, i'm preatty popular on this thread and i am very sorry because of my sig, i did not notice it was so big because i did not pay it attention i repeat i am extreamely sorry and please forgive me :((

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Cobrax1884 said:
Wow, i'm preatty popular on this thread and i am very sorry because of my sig, i did not notice it was so big because i did not pay it attention i repeat i am extreamely sorry and please forgive me :((
You are forgiven. Like I said it wasn't personal and it was an excellent example of what I was trying to prove so I should be thanking you really! (no seriously, I mean that, it was useful in a way).

I'm not saying you cannot have a sig, by all means do but please ensure that it doesn't go too large, I don't have a problem with sigs less than 200 pixels in height. It's easy to pull this off, its around 10 words on a line (average sized words) and a picture of 150 pixels in height for a sig with a pic and text. Or encorporate your text inside your pic! Trust me people are far more likely to agree with your ideals with a more pleasent signature.

Example - look at why i've got, with my single line of text i've drawn in more people to my cause and it doesn't disrupt your viewing experience at all. People tend to prefer something thats not too in their face so to speak.

Don't sweat it we learn from our errors, not like I haven't screwed up in the past.

Cobrax1884

Banned
Thank you and it was my pleasure to help lol :) and you're right about big sigs, it takes a lot of time for people with dialup to load a page especially if the sig is an animation
EDIT:Can i keep this sig?

Last edited:
OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Cobrax1884 said:
Thank you and it was my pleasure to help lol :) and you're right about big sigs, it takes a lot of time for people with dialup to load a page especially if the sig is an animation
EDIT:Can i keep this sig?
Your sig is fine like that, yes.

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
We're getting a little off topic here are we not? anyway I am not a mod and its highly unlikely I will ever be mod anyway so this is pointless discussion, mods aren't the ones who make rules anyway - its the admins who do that.

I only posted this thread because I hate large sigs - not for any paticular glory. If people have concerns about other members they are within their rights to post them to mods/admins - its up to them what gets done in the long run not me. [last post from me today, a member of my family died [on my fathers side] so i'm just going to be a total asshole if I post again today]

Cobrax1884

Banned
Ouch, sorry for you, but hey, cheer up ok? Things like this happen :( i was once about to loose my parents but they were lucky

ShadowDamien

Shadow's Secret Clone
How about we have a signature request thread for the newer posters that have huge obnoxious signatures?

This way, anyone with photoshop experience can show their talents and you are garunteed to see good non-paint siggys

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
(looks like I failed to stop posting today, damn I am addicted to emutalk)

ShadowDamien, thats not such a bad idea actually - I like the idea, I suck at graphics though so someone else will have to fill that line of work. Sigs can be as rubbish as you like them to be as long as they don't fill my entire page - its not about quality, its about largeness.