What's new

Internet Explorer 7 VS Mozilla Firefox Beta 2.0

WhiteX

i know it requires validation but does it comes with WGA incorporated?

Last edited:

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
The IE /explorer.exe separation means that a lot of security problems are fixed for everyone, including people using Firefox. Why? a portion of IE was in explorer.exe and now is not there, so it can't be exploited unless you open IE.
If you haven't installed IE7 if you type a web address using Windows Explorer it will open it and rename the Window as Internet Explorer. Now with IE7 installed, if you type a web address there it opens your default browser (in my case Firefox) and opens the page! Yup!

BTW It doesn't include WGA, only validation, google about how to install it if you are running a pirated version like me, since I can't tell you how to do that here :p

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I doubt it. It solves nothing. It only removed the IE part out of explorer. It's still embedded into the OS, and that's where the danger lies.

smcd

Personally I do not like the silly bar at the top (back/forward/address/stop) that you cannot appear to move...

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
AFAIK separating it from explorer.exe makes it fully separated from the OS, as it was before they started embedding it ten years ago (and that's the way it should be). However I'm not sure. Could anyway find official info on this to get out of doubts?

Doomulation

No, this is not correct. You're talking about Protected Mode, a feature of IE7 of Vista. It seperates IE from the OS making it less vulnerable to attacks.
Protected Mode is not available for XP.

Last edited:

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Ah so it is still unsafe. I expected too much from MS, what a disappointment. However is a better version than IE6 for those few ocasions you need to use IE (even less ocasions nowadays)

Doomulation

Although Microsoft still recommends you upgrade, even if it is not your main browser, because whether you like it or not, an awful lot of programs out there uses the IE engine for HTML rendering, IE web stuff. Upgrading IE upgrades the engine, basically... plus I think they solved that stupid "cannot load image" typical problem for IE6.