Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    AFAIK Octuber 25th was the RTM day, but I'm agree with you they have time to deliver it in january, and I guess that the delay is just for a few days or just one week

"Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    UPDATE:

As you might already know, Vista is already finished

Neowin.net - Windows Vista Is Golden

But how can we test the final version? First check out this article:

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_03.asp

each Windows Vista product edition ships with the exact same DVD. This means that you could theoretically install any version of Windows Vista with, say, the install DVD you got for Windows Vista Home Premium (or any other version). So what determines the version that gets installed? It turns out that Microsoft is tying the Product ID (PID) to specific Vista product editions. So if you did purchase a retail copy of Vista Home Premium, the PID you got in the box will only unlock the Home Premium product. What this all means is that Microsoft only has to ship one Vista DVD (which contains one Vista install image) to customers, eliminating complexity.
    That's interesting, and I hope people can crack to get Ultimate in a very easy way (for the pirate people like me). But before a crack is available, we might do some kind of "trial" if the final version is leaked:

then, you enter your Product Key, which, as noted above, is used to determine which Vista version gets installed. Fun fact: You can choose not to enter a Product Key if you'd like. You'll then be prompted with a list of Vista product editions that you can install and evaluate for 30 days (Figure). After that, you'll need to enter the Product Key you received or reinstall.
    Quite interesting... I think Vista cracking would not be as hard as MS stated

????????????????????????? Doomulation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Microsoft is becoming generous! I've never ever heard of a 30-day trial of Windows XP (though I think there was some trial of XP 64-bit or something?).
    But the nice thing is that, you can simply purchase a edition, enter the code and presto! You've got a new edition without doing anything else. Upgrade anywhere, anytime. It also makes it easier for hackers to find a code to update to Ultimate as well!
    Atashi wa juu-yon-sai no onna no ko! Atashi no namae wa Miizuki. Yurushiku ne!
    Nani? Atashi o shinjirimasen desu ka? Baka!
    "You're all doomed! Doomed, I say! Hehe... are we approaching the end of the world?"

shikata ga kaite aru - "the instructions are written above"
    Need to download GoodN64 or instructions to use it? Need to check if it's a good or bad rom?
    Download: Glide64 | Hacktarux's wrapper

Emutalk Bounty Hunter. Hexidecimal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone else running the RTM yet?

????????????????????????? Doomulation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, Microsoft simply refused to fix what was important to fix. UAC had a serious bug, application compability didn't work...
    And then there's the lack of drivers, and firewall applications, and other applications whose compability was broken...
    One day, Vista will shine. It seems less buggier than XP from what I've experienced (at least on the more critical points), but that day is not now.
    Atashi wa juu-yon-sai no onna no ko! Atashi no namae wa Miizuki. Yurushiku ne!
    Nani? Atashi o shinjirimasen desu ka? Baka!
    "You're all doomed! Doomed, I say! Hehe... are we approaching the end of the world?"

shikata ga kaite aru - "the instructions are written above"
    Need to download GoodN64 or instructions to use it? Need to check if it's a good or bad rom?
    Download: Glide64 | Hacktarux's wrapper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agree. Right now Vista is less compatible than linux + wine/cedega and there's big problem with drivers. But that's typical for M$ - to release beta version as final. I think it will be just like Win2k, it will take more than two service packs to make it useful at home.
    Can you stop the hurricane ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To ScottJC:

You did a lot of Vista testing in the past, have you tested RTM already? why don't you give us a review? Don't abandon this good thread you created

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I installed the RTM to play and I have to say, the best thing about Vista is InkBall (and the theme isn't TOO bad)

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122