What's new

Software t&l

apfdaman

my dads computer is has a 3.2ghz dual core pentium 4 cpu, 1gig ram, and a crappy intergrated Intel 82915g express chipset. i know it supports dx9, but not hardware t&l.

everytime i load a rom on nemu64, it says direct3d deviceinitialization failed. this program requires dx8 which is only.... ect ect long rambling boring speech.

this is most defenatley a result of not having support for hardware t&l on this crappy intel intergraated chipset. is there any way i can ove the hardware t&l load from the chipset to the cpu? so instead of hardware t&l its like software t&l? i really wanted to play on my dads computer... i thought it would, but then i forgot that his chipset didnt support hardware t&l...

yeh...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
There is this one tool that let's you enable/disable a slew of directX-related features that you would have no access normally.

The only problem is that I can't remember the name of the program for the life of me. -_- I'll look for it.

OP
A

apfdaman

are there any settings or options i should enable? i select the nemu64 .exe, clcik run, load the rom with 3danalyze still running, and it gives me the same error.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
apfdaman said:
are there any settings or options i should enable? i select the nemu64 .exe, clcik run, load the rom with 3danalyze still running, and it gives me the same error.
I really can't help you with that since I have no use for 3DAnalyze.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Don't use nemu64 then, there are other emus that perform just as well with much lower video card specs. :p