What's new

Need 2 player no$gba guide

gonzo90017

Can someone provide me with a guide for 2 player gba emulation. I have a Playstation to usb adapter will that work or is player 2 forced to use the keyboard?

spotanjo3

Yes, I have a Playstation to usb adapter too and it will work! ;)

Note that No$GBA does NOT support ZIP files so you have to unzip roms before you play.

Anyway, it is darn easy! This is for your sake:

multiplayergbaemulatorwt6.jpg

Here is a short tutorial on how to link 2 gba roms in emulator and emulate GBA Link Cable:

* run No$GBA.exe
* pick a GBA image (no ZIP - unzip the rom)
* go to "Options" / "Emulation setup"
* increase the number of "Emulated Gameboys"
* in "Link Gamepaks", set "Gamepaks in all GBA"
* in "Reset/Startup Entrypoint", set "GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo)"
* put the GBA BIOS file in the emulator's folder, and rename it to "gba.rom"
* click OK, you should then see 2 GBA screens side by side
* right click on the left window, click on "Link" so that the window comes back to normal.
* then redo the right-click and click "Link" , and here we go, the 2nd gameboy boots!
* Also check that you have the right version of the GBA BIOS (there are 2 different dumps).

To define emulator keys go to Options -> Emulator Setup -> Controls
Set / define the key controles so that 2 players can easyly access all of the buttons.

ENJOY! :D

Last edited:

Speyeker

OK, I did all this...and now whenever I enter a battle in Pokémon LeafGreen, the graphics are now messed up! I now have an Alakazam, but I'm not sure if it was worth it since I now have these bad graphics. Does anyone know how to fix it? I got rid of the BIOS, but it wasn't enough, apparently!

I knew getting Alakazam was too good to be true. ;_;

EDIT: Never mind! I switched the preferences back to the way they used to be, saved the setup, and restarted the game...and all appears to be well! =D

Last edited:

RebthOFalenLsrs

like words and stuff go here
I've done all that stuff too, and it still doesn't work. Visual Boy's Link option won't work for me either they just won't connect, so I suppose I might as well give up and consider it impossible to emulate the GBA link up then...

no$gba user

crap!

I did all the steps above with pokemon diamond, but every time when I right-click and click on 'link,' the emulator shuts down and says, 'The rom-image has crashed.'