What's new

Multiplayer Problems

ladybeard

Hi there everyone!

At the moment i have been using a USB converter that you can put an N64 or PS controller into, to play one player games. It works fine without changing the plugins or anything! but, as soon as i bought a second USB converter and tried setting up the buttons for a second controller, nothing is recognised at all.

Do i need to change the controller plugins to Adaptoid or something? they're just set as default at the moment. please help me play multiplayer! the first controller works fine, and the emulator shows that there are more than 1 contrller plugged in, but the buttons on the contrllers don't go through to the emulator. and yes, the controller isnt faulty because i've tried swapping them!

i hope you can help :)
joey

OP
L

ladybeard

i've done everything i possible can. calibrating the controller in #2 doesn't work, it simply does not respond.. both of my adaptors work seperately (on their own) though. which is ODD, and doesn't mean that one is working and one is broken.
i've also used all three different input plugins that came with the emulator... i'm stuck completely now.

squeakypants

Try the one you think is broken with a playstation/2 controller. If that works, then it's the n64 controller. The "newer" n64 controllers were made to prevent non-Nintendo things to be able to use them, so there's no way to get them to work. Sorry :(

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
Hmm...

I have just the same problem with two XBox 360 Controllers and I've tried everything. Two player worked on my friends Gateway 506GR which had XP Professional and I have the VAIO which has XP Media Center Edition...

GE Master

The solution could be really simple. Possibly not so, but are you sure that within the emu, and within the input plugin settings, you are using the dropdown menu and selecting a different joystick for each player? There should be two joysticks (can't remember what window will recognize them as) with the exact same name. Just designate one of them for each player. It's more confusing when you have 4 controllers of the same name trust me.

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
Re: axcc123 & GE Master

@axcc123: It's the same problem as the original person's issue... Yes they both show up but, the first controller responds in it's own place and in the place of the second controller as well, this is a problem that I only face on my VAIO and not on my friends' Gateway and I really need a solution.

@GE Master: I know, I don't select the same controller for both players... It's not that simple because I've gone through the procedure of this multiple times. If you plug both of them in and go to "Run" in the "Start Menu" then type in "joy.cpl" then it opens up a menu that shows that two controllers are attached but, the first controller calibrates for both of them...

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
But it's so cool

@axcc123: I don't understand what you mean... Are you saying that I have to re-install the driver? As for finding an answer... I tried and no matter what I couldn't come up with anything...

Last edited: