What's new

Universal model and map ripper!

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
Pangya: Doesn't work.

Right, there is something called a "hacking prevention system" (e.g. nProtect)
it. It also prevents the interception of DirectX, I think.

After I tried made some bones for some model, it comes out really bad!

viathan

I figured it was something on the server side. :) Has anyone figured out how to smooth N64 and Dolphin models in 3ds Max?? I have tried everything but the mesh just wont smooth.

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
Zoomer said:
Anyone use Maya ? Is it possible to use this without having Max ?
Don't know. But you can use 3ds max to import the .3dr file into workspace and export it for importing into Maya.

koss

yea i use maya for all of this. Wen u open the 3dr file save it as 3ds then download a 3dmax plugin to convert 3ds to ma and import the ma into maya and ur set! ( i dont remeber where i got the plugin tho...)

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
koss said:
yea i use maya for all of this. Wen u open the 3dr file save it as 3ds then download a 3dmax plugin to convert 3ds to ma and import the ma into maya and ur set! ( i dont remeber where i got the plugin tho...)
Is Maya better at smoothing?

parse

Well, I know it´s NGC topic, but I tried it with pcsx2, and it didn´t work... It looks like it worked, I mean, it creates files, but there was nothing when importing...
Did someone tried too?

linkcanabico

Linkcanabico
Hi me again i havent mesed with the fov but once exported whit the default fov scale the object 31.4% along the Y axis and then use the FFD 2x2x2 modifier and move 4 of the points on the x axis and a little along the z axis (up)

mariokart64n

Hey has anyone ripped more models from RE4? I am looking for the rip of Ada and Ashley. I can't seem to find a compatable RE4 USA save, so I can't do the rip myself. I even tried GCS which is the gamecube memorycard dumpping utlity, dumped a image of my card, But it is not compataible with the dolphin emulator. Even tried a ultility that is pose to convert gameshark saves to normal gamecube save gci. I've had no luck.

If anyone has the models or a USA save, plz PM me. thx

mariokart64n

:yawn: oh hey... your not really helping. what is it that you do.. from our last IM I would have pegged you as a punk 14 yo.

But if you know your way around max8 I need alot of help.

rigging skills arn't the best and it'll take forever to port all the ssbm characters.

Last edited:
OP
Sercio

Sercio

hey wow!!!
You are able to convert the models to HL2 model files???
Wow please tell me which converter you used and how you insert this into garrymod!!!

mariokart64n

I took awhile for me to learn, I'm still considerably a n00b. But all you need is MAX6+ or many other 3d programs, like blender.. um milkshape.. a whole bunch support SMD, the hl2 format. its very easy.. well except rigging your character in 3d max.. i'm terrible with that.

Sercio, did you ever get ada out? be nice if rebecca had a friend.

OP
Sercio

Sercio

no i just can rip models which i can "see" on dolphin....
therefore i cant rip many things like krauser saddler or ada!
I cant even rip ashley :(
but im searching the right savegame....