What's new

Universal model and map ripper!

SarahHarp

When I dumped the Koopa troopa model via my ssbm viewer, that model had a huge poly count (which I'm sure was even used in some official renders). Theres a few other high poly objects too, such as Baby Boswer, Metroid, etc.

OP
Sercio

Sercio

BlueFalcon7 said:
How do you get model to not be stretched? or do I just have to unstretch it myself?

yes!
Its a problem with the FOV camera , therefore the y scale are stretched!
You can restretch with the trophyground....
Just make the oval back to a circle ;)

Maybe someone professional (like Saharharp) can find which FOV camera setting is better ....

SarahHarp

I did test this out with MP2 .. but my computer isn't the greatest.. and the entire game was a .03 fps .. and that just took a century; I didn't really have the patience for it.

However what I do know is that, the higher the FOV, the more squished objects will be. I'd try values around the 30 - 40 area.

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
40: No. I tried that.
What about 32, 24 or 16? I like these numbers, because, I just like it.

Well, with Sercio's Save File, I can rip so many models, by just select the third menu, then select a first menu. It is in Japanese, so I can't read it :p. And also, I can skip the intro movie!

SarahHarp

What happens at 40? Any noticable changes? If they are too streched, then make the number bigger, if they are still too squished, make the number smaller.

And if you can't seem to get the right numbers than, well it's either the emu, or the gcn aspect that throws things off o.o

Someone!

Hullo!
Well, I got to run SSBM ingame, with slow FPS but kinda playable, but there is one major problem: I have DirectX9c of June, and the ripper says to get February 2006 or higher.

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
Here is what you want: http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/d3dx_dlls.html

SarahHarp said:
What happens at 40? Any noticable changes? If they are too streched, then make the number bigger, if they are still too squished, make the number smaller.

And if you can't seem to get the right numbers than, well it's either the emu, or the gcn aspect that throws things off o.o
40, looks 2 times better than 85 about.

Last edited:

Someone!

Hullo!
There are 2 february update's on the site, d3dx9_24.dll and d3dx9_30.dll...
I found it: d3dx9_29.dll

Last edited:

Someone!

Hullo!
mechakoopa said:
It works, I downloaded it from that site also!

Just open the file and finish!
Eh... What?
EDIT: Don't worry Sercio :D
Also, I fixed it: I opened the cab located in the rar and put it in the ripper directory. The ripper works.

Last edited: