What's new

No$GBA Compatibility results.

imu

Thank you very much Rockmangames and diablow. My "Emulations Options" are just like in the screenshot. The problem is pointed by diablow: I'm using "clean" (factory) firmware. No matter the version (original v1-v6 or even latest flashme v7).

So I assume Rockmangames were using his own dumped firmware after customizing it, as suggested by diablow.

By the way Rockmangames is it possible in your firmware to do the PictoChat trick to determine your firmware version? (I doubt it unless an "extract ROM" function were implemented in no$gba).

Last edited:

spotanjo3

You're very welcome.

No, there is no PictoChat trick to determine anybody's firmware version with this emulator. I would like to know what the tool that can. Heh! :)

diablow

You can determine the version of firmware by opening it with hex editor and examining the checksum at 0x6 (more info @ DS Firmware - PHWiki ). Althrough firmware version is not very important for emulation at this time. To find out how to dump your firmware - just use your favorite search engine (there are several different ways, depending on the what additional hardware you have).

imu

Very nice project diablow, I mean I love no-frills info resources ;). Contributions about no$gba are to be posted on this thread, isn't it?

Someone!

Hullo!
You can determine the version of firmware by opening it with hex editor and examining the checksum at 0x6 (more info @ DS Firmware - PHWiki ). Althrough firmware version is not very important for emulation at this time. To find out how to dump your firmware - just use your favorite search engine (there are several different ways, depending on the what additional hardware you have).
The firmware I downloaded had no firmware.bin, by the way... >.<

Low Lines

I think firmware won't ever become an important part of emulation, more or less an option and perhaps something to help with things such as connectivity or something. Plus I think authors would try to avoid using as much illegal stuff where possible (if not any).

imu

I agree Low Lines. But the problem is potential game features being not accesible while not using the firmware. Example: Pokemon Emerald Mystery Gift cannot be activated in VBA unless you're using GBA BIOS. I know it is a stupid and useless feature in an emulator, but other more critical situations can happen.

calsmurf2904

i have been reading the hole six/seven don't know page's now
and i have an Question :
How or where to get the firmware from the nintendo DS ???

Low Lines

and i have an Question :
That is a big NO NO thing to say I'm afraid :s

But what I can say is that being "Loopy" makes you smart ;)

Last edited:

denash

and i have an Question :

You should not ask about "where to get the firmware from" because it is illegal and also it is saying in the rules of this forum DO NOT ASK FOR BIOS OR FIRMWARE!!!!1:angry:

I hope I am correct with this =]

calsmurf2904

You should not ask about "where to get the firmware from" because it is illegal and also it is saying in the rules of this forum DO NOT ASK FOR BIOS OR FIRMWARE!!!!1:angry:

I hope I am correct with this =]

I was saying "How" or "Where" if i can't ask where then the Question is how !

diablow

If you're planning to download the firmware from your own DS (this is legal), you can use DS Xboo cable. DarkFader has made firmware dumper for CF flashcards. There are many other options, don't be lazy to search around the net.

Last edited:

Ody

Here is my entry (sorry if some games have been mentioned before). I have tested only a few roms but I am underway to do for all:

Working quite well (with minor errors):

0003 - Yoshi Touch & Go (U) [Fully working in the beginning]
0009 - Cool 104 Joker & Setline (J) [Touchscreen not working but still playable]
0013 - Yoshi Touch & Go (E) [Fully working in the beginning]
0030 - Sprung - The Dating Game (U) [Constantly blinking, can save]
0034 - Zoo Keeper (U) [no problem]
0059 - Robots (U) [Touchscreen problem?, can save]
0050 - Zoo Keeper (E) [no problem]
0060 - Meteos (U) [Menu text blinking]
0061 - Bomberman (U) [Touchscreen sometimes bugging, can save]
0079 - Bomberman (E) [Touchscreen sometimes bugging, can save]
0122 - Trauma Center - Under the Knife (U) [Seems to be fully working but very slow]
0142 - Metroid Prime Pinball (U) [Slow]
0177 - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (U) [Seems to work perfectly until gfx error command, touchscreen not properly working]
0198 - King Kong (U) [Seems to be working but can't figure out how to play it]
0324 - Age of Empires - The Age of Kings (U) [Fully working until saving]

Partially working (can be loaded but can't run much)

0001 - Electroplankton (J) [gfx error command]
0004 - Feel the Magic (U) [Can't pass the start screen]
0006 - Polarium (U) [Can't pass the start screen]
0008 - Pac-Pix (U) [gfx errors, really slow]
0014 - Pac-Pix (E) [gfx errors, really slow]
0017 - Ridge Racer DS (U) [Can pass the start screen but can't create a new account]
0019 - Mr. Driller - Drill Spirits (U) [Can pass the start screen but stops when begin the game]
0026 - Pokemon Dash (U) [Can't pass the start screen]
0029 - GoldenEye - Rogue Agent (U) [Touchscreen not properly working, freezes after a few moments]
0037 - Super Mario 64 DS (U) [Can't pass the start screen]
0038 - Ping Pals (U) ['Please calibrate cartridge' message, freezes]
0043 - Spider-Man 2 (U) [Can't pass the start screen, the emulator crashes]
0047 - Rayman DS (U) [Can pass the start screen, the game freezes afterwards]
0056 - Super Mario 64 DS (U) [Can't pass the start screen]
0062 - Madagascar (U) [Can pass the start screen but freezes afterwards]
0064 - Madden NFL 2005 (U) [Can pass the title screen, crashes afterwards]
0071 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory (U) [Can pass the start screen but freezes afterwards, gfx error command]
0080 - Nanostray (U) [Just the title screens and then freezes]
0086 - Madden 2006 (U) [Can play until gfx error command]
0089 - Nintendogs - Chihuahua & Friends (U) [Company creen loaded, the emulator crashes]
0090 - Nintendogs - Lab & Friends (U) [Company Screen loaded, the emulator crashes]
0091 - Nintendogs - Dachshund & Friends (U) [Company Screen loaded, the emulator crashes]
0095 - Yu-Gi-Oh! - Nightmare Troubadour (U) [Title screen loaded]
0105 - Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow (E) [Can't pass the start screen]
0121 - Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow (U) [Can't pass the start screen]
0150 - Mega Man Battle Network 5 - Double Team DS (U) [Seems working, gfx error command after the start screen]
0173 - The Chronicles of Narnia (U) [Comapny screen loaded, freezes afterwards]
0176 - Sonic Rush (U) [Can't pass the title screen]
0233 - Battles of Prince of Persia (U) [Can't pass the title screen, inversed image]

Not working (for the not loaded rom, I don't know, maybe with the firmware.bin, they can but since I don't have it, I can't tell)

0002 - Need For Speed - Underground 2 (U) [Black Screen]
0005 - WarioWare - Touched! (U) [Crash]
0007 - Puyo Puyo Fever (J) [Not loaded]
0012 - Asphalt - Urban GT (U) [Black screen]
0018 - WarioWare - Touched! (E) [Crash]
0028 - Kirby's Canvas Curse (U) [Not loaded]
0045 - The Urbz - Sims In The City (U) [Not loaded]
0065 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour (U) [Not Loaded]
0063 - World Championship Poker - Deluxe Series (U) [Not loaded]
0076 - Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (U) [Blinking bottom screen]
0072 - Puyo Pop Fever (U) [Not loaded]
0088 - Advance Wars - Dual Strike (U) [Black Screen]
0168 - Mario Kart DS (U) [Crash]
0175 - Need for Speed - Most Wanted (U) [Black screen]
0576 - Pokemon Pearl (J) [Not Loaded]
0577 - Pokemon Diamond (J) [Not Loaded]
0479 - New Super Mario Bros (E) [Not Loaded]
0601 - Scooby-Doo! Who's Watching Who (U) [Black Screen]

Sorry, I didn't have the opportunity to take screenshots, each time I tried, I got only a weird image :(

Last edited:

spotanjo3

0013 - Yoshi Touch & Go (E) [Control and touchscreen don't work, fully working in the beginning]

No, you only need touchscreen because it doenst need the control. Yes, it is fully working until you reach the goal then that's it.