What's new

No$GBA Compatibility results.

exsonic

When I try to run NO$GBA with the NDS bios and with Kirby Canvas Curse rom, it only crashes, why? That's only because I got the Homebrew Firmware.bin?

Thanks in advance

diablow

Might be so, homebrew firmware are unsupported. You don't need firmware at all to play Kirby Canvas Curse. Of course, the best way to play that game is to use Nintendo DS ;).

spotanjo3

exsonic said:
When I try to run NO$GBA with the NDS bios and with Kirby Canvas Curse rom, it only crashes, why? That's only because I got the Homebrew Firmware.bin?

Thanks in advance

No. If you are using an old eNDryptS tool then you have to do it again. I use eNDryptS Advanced and it seems fine but ndstool will encrypted it permanently while eNDryptS Advanced will encrypted/decrypted either way.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

NewHJ said:
What's the region of Kirby Canvas Curse? Isn't the Japan region? The Japan Game don't work...

Really ?!

It worked! The Japan region or not doesnt matter..both will works just fine. I did test! Want a proof ? :bouncy: :evil:

exsonic

I'm saying that the rom is working, but when I try to use WITH the Bios file (Under the Use Bios at the options menu), it crashes.

Normmatt

Rockmangames said:
No. If you are using an old eNDryptS tool then you have to do it again. I use eNDryptS Advanced and it seems fine but ndstool will encrypted it permanently while eNDryptS Advanced will encrypted/decrypted either way.

In fact ndstool does both encrypting and decrypting and is so far the best at doing both so i recommend using that

diablow

exsonic said:
I'm saying that the rom is working, but when I try to use WITH the Bios file (Under the Use Bios at the options menu), it crashes.
Well, this means that firmware.bin is not supported. Use the "Select the cartridge directly" option for now.

spotanjo3

Normmatt said:
In fact ndstool does both encrypting and decrypting and is so far the best at doing both so i recommend using that

Yeah, my mi stake. But why recommend that ? Mine is good as well. I use both anyway. :)

diablow

Pretty quiet around theese parts, eh? Everybody is waiting for new verions of emulators or just slacking off :) ?
Here's some news - Volume 3 of DS Download Demos has just been released! Unfortunatelly, demos are unplayable, and videos has the same messed up graphics (same codec as earlier ones), at least in no$gba. So, no in-depth compatibility testing from me this time.

Low Lines

diablow said:
Pretty quiet around theese parts, eh? Everybody is waiting for new verions of emulators or just slacking off :) ?
Here's some news - Volume 3 of DS Download Demos has just been released! Unfortunatelly, demos are unplayable, and videos has the same messed up graphics (same codec as earlier ones), at least in no$gba. So, no in-depth compatibility testing from me this time.
Small note about the Download Stations, 2 versions are released at the same time, one is a compressed version and the other is uncompressed. As they supposedly come as either a singular rom file or mulitple smaller ones that run on their own....And I think some people extract the files from the singular one thinking they will run standalone, but I'm pretty sure they need to be patched or something as any NDSHeader you try says they're corrupt and don't work, which is where I think the uncompressed release comes in.....pplz follow?

diablow

The released version is original dump of Donwload Station cart contents, that is one nds file. Because it is impossible to run it on emulators (no wifi support), that's why we need to extract the contents of it with ndstool, and then unpack the demos (they are packed with LZ). I have multiple files version, and the NDSheader says that they are OK, no bad data.

Urameshi Yusuke

Class SS Youkai
The released version is original dump of Donwload Station cart contents, that is one nds file. Because it is impossible to run it on emulators (no wifi support), that's why we need to extract the contents of it with ndstool, and then unpack the demos (they are packed with LZ). I have multiple files version, and the NDSheader says that they are OK, no bad data.

lol, i just deleted everything from a game, then i imported some videos and some other craps... even this way, ndsheader said it was ok, no bad data XD

look at the new nds version (better than ndslite) hahahahaha

YouTube - Neo Double Games Review

and the new psp version too XD

YouTube - Sony Pop Station

Last edited:

imu

Hi all.

In post #56 (Page 6) Rockmangames showed a screenshot of the DS firmware running on no$gba v2.3.

I have "firmware.bin" along with "biosnds7.rom", "biosnds9.rom" and the emu .exe in the emu folder. I select "GBA BIOS" in "Emulation Options" as Rockmangames said.

When I start no$gba the firmware loads as expected. It shows the message "System settings have been lost. Tap (a symbol in the TouchScreen)". After passing the TouchScreen test and setting my Name, Color, Date, Time and Birth Date, a message appears: for the settings to be applied the console must be turned off. If Ok is selected the screen fades out and no$gba closes.

When no$gba is restarted the above process must be repeated. My question is for Rockmangames: how did you get to that screen? Which firmware version were you using?

Thanks in advance.

spotanjo3

Hi all.

In post #56 (Page 6) Rockmangames showed a screenshot of the DS firmware running on no$gba v2.3.

I have "firmware.bin" along with "biosnds7.rom", "biosnds9.rom" and the emu .exe in the emu folder. I select "GBA BIOS" in "Emulation Options" as Rockmangames said.

When I start no$gba the firmware loads as expected. It shows the message "System settings have been lost. Tap (a symbol in the TouchScreen)". After passing the TouchScreen test and setting my Name, Color, Date, Time and Birth Date, a message appears: for the settings to be applied the console must be turned off. If Ok is selected the screen fades out and no$gba closes.

When no$gba is restarted the above process must be repeated. My question is for Rockmangames: how did you get to that screen? Which firmware version were you using?

Thanks in advance.

Easy: Look at this screenshot:

1uj4.jpg

Now, click Ok then go to OPTIONS again and click Save Options and reboot your no$gba and try again! :)

diablow

Let me interject here - using clean firmware won't work, as no$gba cannot save user settings to firmware yet (so you are stuck on "lost settings screen"). Solution: dump firmware from your NDS (as you did with bios) after inputing all user info. Not very usefull info, eh? ;)