What's new

No$GBA Compatibility results.

diablow

NO$GBA in-depth compatibility testing Part IV

Sorry for double-posting, but there's a 7 attachements limit, as you may know. It seems that I've forgotten to post compatibility of Japanese DS Download Demos. Here it is now:

*Trauma Center: Under the Knife - graphics perfect, stucks on screen before operation.

*Ganbare Goemon demo - menu top screen missing background, ingame missing 2D backdrop.
View attachment 33860

*Guru Guru nagetto demo - first screen of intro (touch to start) perfect, then lots of "invalid gx command" error messages.

*Famicom wars demo - lots of graphics errors: flashing ingame sprites, messed up main menu.
View attachment 33858View attachment 33859

*Jump Super Stars demo - in main menu bottom screen is black, ingame some transparent sprites and message boxes.
View attachment 33861

Finally, the end of download demos compatibility testing. I might try testing those demos on real hardware and compare them to emulated ones, if I get my hands on some Wi-Fi hardware ;).

spotanjo3

The screenshots have been test at ngemu.com right now and active. It have 4 pages mostly by me! Heh! It have lots of compatibility and better then desmume but since desmume can run Megaman ZX and this was only show video codec screen then crash. It is really improvement, awesome.

diablow

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that most, if not all, of the games above 500 doesn't work on no$gba v2.3, resulting in blank screen.

spotanjo3

diablow said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that most, if not all, of the games above 500 doesn't work on no$gba v2.3, resulting in blank screen.

Many are able to running in 500 series like any below 499 series, yes. I do not know why you aren't able to. Maybe you need firmware nor nds bios to set to do that ? Here are the proof:

0556 - Megaman ZX (USA) - Work, but crash after the black screen:

119454nogbascreenshots1ba3.jpg

119455nogbascreenshots2pt4.jpg

119456nogbascreenshots3ou0.jpg

119457nogbascreenshots4zs6.jpg

0525 - Final Fantasy III (JAPAN) - Menu, some gfx errors and when it goes ingame then invalid gfx command:

119460nogbascreenshots1yw7.jpg

119461nogbascreenshots2yy1.jpg

Last edited:

diablow

Very strange indeed, all of other games run, but theese new ones doesn't want to run at all. I'm starting to think that it might be some sort of new protection-scheme :) . Oh well, maybe r*ms are corrupt, who need them anyways (except for compatibility list testing). Might be the encoding corrupts them?
Can anyone check if 0548 - Equal Card DS (J)(WRG) works on no$gba?

Last edited:

Low Lines

diablow said:
Very strange indeed, all of other games run, but theese new ones doesn't want to run at all. I'm starting to think that it might be some sort of new protection-scheme :) . Oh well, maybe r*ms are corrupt, who need them anyways (except for compatibility list testing). Might be the encoding corrupts them?
Can anyone check if 0548 - Equal Card DS (J)(WRG) works on no$gba?
I don't wanna start up another in-depth conversation about it, but are you both using the same encryption program or different ones :unsure:

[EDIT]

Also you should always check you're newly encrypted roms with NDSHeader (which can be found at PocketHeaven) because if the secure data is still BAD, then there is something wrong, as well as any other noteable issues that might be shown there.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Yes, the same encryption program. What else do you want me to test if yours didnt work ? I will be happy to test it for you if you want me to! :)

diablow

R*ms are OK, I've used the same encryption tools for all of the other games and they works. NDS header shows that everything is ok, but when I run Equal Card DS on no$gba, I only get blank screen (white). Game runs on DesmuME (decrypted). Might it be that firmware.bin is needed (as mentioned in other thread)?

Last edited:

Low Lines

Sometimes the game may look like its not working, but all you got to do is press the keys, (ie start) severaly times and it skips the un emulated bits

diablow

Well, no results at all, I've tried to run no$gba on another computer today, but there was some problems with touchpad emulation (table hockey game), it seemed that touchpad was uncalibrated or something. no$gba is one piece of strange software, and everyday it seems to come up with new surprises :)
Rockmangames, are you using any additional files, instead of ndsbios7 and ndsbios9 to run games?

Last edited:

exsonic

Kirby Canvas Curse (U)

nocashgbala2.png

That's the ONLY part that I actually can't see (The Bonus after stage) and some Graphical problems, but It's Fully Playable =)

exsonic

I tried to run the game with the NDS bios file (under Read Bios at the options tab), but it doesn't work T_T
Oh, and also, It doesn't saves the game too T_T

Last edited:

Hiei-YYH

exsonic said:
I tried to run the game with the NDS bios file (under Read Bios at the options tab), but it doesn't work T_T
Oh, and also, It doesn't saves the game too T_T

no ds emu have save support, so wait.

spotanjo3

Well, some do..for an example, Bomberman DS can but you will have to play until you reach 1-6 then when you get to 1-7 and it will automatically save! :D

exsonic: please be patient for it will development in times. :)

diablow,

You will thanks me! I know what is the problem. You do not bother to use this:

1dy7.jpg
:p

You need that because it is like a real NDS.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

diablow said:
Thanks Rockmangames, now I'm off to download the firmware from my DS. This is gonna be insteresting...

You are welcome! :bouncy:

Low Lines said:
oooh, how did you get a firmware screenshot on am emulator?

Just set it to GBA BIOS and save it then starting the no$gba again and select the game and you are good to go. :):evil:

diablow

Great, it seems to work. Now it would be nice that no$gba could save firmware settings and support homebrew firmware.