What's new

No$GBA Compatibility results.

spotanjo3

metroid prime hunters - first hunt (u) - DEMO
metroid prime hunters - first hunt (e) - DEMO

Both test and check below:

Everything is perfect even fmv but it is slow and after you select what you want and fmv again. When it is try to goes ingame..it's crashed.

Low Lines

Christ!! I turn a blind eye for 2 weeks and there's a foot long list for me to do :unsure:

I got lots of homework too, but I'll get everything updated first as there is about 8-9 new games out too.should be up by Saturday-Sunday.

[EDIT]

Rightio, EVERYTHING is updated now and posted on my site. There are 467 games for you peoples to test, so have fun while I go tend to my homework....

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Rocksil,

It was already mentioned why it was crashed because you miss something. You should have a look at page 1 and 2 to find the answer. Please search first before you ask the question, ok ? It was already answered for. ;)

Arich Boss

I have a question regarding that same subject:

Although I did what it said on Page 2, I can't seem to get any Nintendo DS ROMS to work.

This is what I do: I unzip the ROM and place it in the same folder as the No$GBA emulator. I click on the emulator, and I insert a ROM (Yoshi Touch & Go). The screen turns white on me for a second and I get the "Rom image has crashed" thing. I've even tried changing it to the 'Emulation Mh-Z, 10%' before it crashed, but no luck.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, please? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

spotanjo3

LOL, click the link above and it will tell you what you need to use. Use the tool, ok ?

This game is not fully playable. It will crash when you reach the goal with baby mario on Yoshi's back before goes to the next level.

diablow

NO$GBA in-depth compatibility testing Part I

While having a few minutes of free time, I decided to compare some DS demos on real system and in emulator. Because I don't have hardware, needed to send demos to real DS, I searched for actual screenshots in the web.

E3 2005 demos:

Zelda Preview Trailer - blank screen, but it seems that demo is running.

Zelda Gallery - perfect.

Table Hockey Tech Demo - almost perfect, just one issue with sparks effect when paddle hits the ball.
View attachment 33783View attachment 33784

Meteos Demo - almost, but not quite right, some graphics are missing, and blocks sprites are transparent.
View attachment 33785View attachment 33786

Electroplankton Demo - way off, all view is mirrored and upside down. Missing "zoom view" ingame on top screen, messed up graphics.
View attachment 33787View attachment 33788

Submarine Tech Demo - tries to show splash screen, but freezes right after start.

That's it for now. I think this kind of info will be usefull for emulator author. Would be even more usefull, if I'd figure out on which layers those messed up graphics are drawn (might do that later).

By the way, I think you know where to get these demos ;).

Last edited:

Low Lines

Nice work diablow ;)

peoples, are we having a break or something? I thought we had just been told to work on the No$GBA list? And yes the list is up on my flash thingo so you can now see which games have been tested and that ;)

sniff...sniff....aww I am no longer Member of the Month :unsure:

diablow

NO$GBA in-depth compatibility testing Part II

I've tested more demos today, DS Download Station Demos: Vol 1:

DS Download Station Vol 1 loader - as expected, doesn't do anything usefull, it's here just for completeness of list.

Brain Age: Train your brain in minutes a day demo - doesn't work, "invalid gx command 00000047" pops up, some more follows, and then - crash.

True Swing Golf demo - after few seconds "rom image has crashed" error occurs.

Metroid Prime Hunters: Demo Video - works, but graphics are distorted, wrong color palette.
View attachment 33794

Mario Kart DS Demo - blank screens.

Tetris DS Demo - black screens.

Tetris DS: Push mode demo - black screens.

Pokémon Trozei Demo - almost perfect, minor graphics errors, like transparent pause dialog and start countdown.
View attachment 33793

Couldn't find any original screens to compare to, so this test is less usefull than the last.

Last edited:

SDke

Animal Crossing WW: Black Screen
Naruto RPG 2: blackscreen
Nintendogs: Labrador and friens (and all the rest): The ussualy nintendo startup screen after hangs...
labwd7.jpg

Pac-Pix: i get an menu, after that nothing
pacbr7.jpg

pac2nc1.jpg

BigBrainAcedemy(or whatever): only a green thing nothing else
bbaxa8.jpg

BrainTraining (kiosk demo): doesn't work

Hiei-YYH

Low Lines said:
Nice work diablow ;)

peoples, are we having a break or something? I thought we had just been told to work on the No$GBA list? And yes the list is up on my flash thingo so you can now see which games have been tested and that ;)

sniff...sniff....aww I am no longer Member of the Month :unsure:

all games i have just now (48 games) are already tested :~~

anyway, i was seeing your list, and noted there are possibly some missing games which i reported (splinter cell for example)

Low Lines

Hiei-YYH said:
all games i have just now (48 games) are already tested :~~

anyway, i was seeing your list, and noted there are possibly some missing games which i reported (splinter cell for example)
Yeah I am pretty sure I missed a couple....
Mainly because I kept on seeing the same order of games being tested, over and over (trust me you sort of get a bit loose when you see Super Mario 64 DS and Asphalt Urban GT etc all the time ;))
If people check it find games I've missed, either post them here or Private Message me and I'll put them on the weekend or when I have a spare moment between assignments ;)
You can't blame human error :evil:

BTW diablow?
There's a second Download Station Collection I've been trying to get hold of, but the last copy of it (i found) according to the NDSHeaders was corrupted or is perhaps a bad rom? Can you tell me if it was just my bad luck or are the demos in Vol.2 all badly dumped?
Also since you seem to be doing demos atm, I've got all demos (except for the ones in Download Station Vol.2) in my list just type (Demo) in the search ;)
I've got 4 kinds....

- E3 Download Demos
- Download Demos (from download stations)
- Kisok Demos
- Demos (those such as Metroid Prime Hunters First Hunt)

If I get the chance I'll test the ones you don't have (since I got them all cos no generally tests the demos).

Last edited:

spotanjo3

SDke said:
Naruto RPG 2: blackscreen

Are you sure ? :borg:

Take a look about mine: 0081 - Naruto RPG 2: Chidori vs Rasengan (JAPAN) - Ingame have some missing sprites and after Sasuka finishes talking and it was freezed.:bouncy: :bouncy:

diablow

NO$GBA in-depth compatibility testing Part III

I've managed to find all of the official Series 2 download demos. It was tricky to get them working, but after a quick read-up, here are preliminary test results:

* Big Brain Academy - works, some graphical errors, like black buttons, crashes on "Matchmaker" minigame.
View attachment 33851View attachment 33852

* Brain Age Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! - doesn't work, "invalid gx command" (might be the same as in vol.1, but rom is slightly different).

* Magnetica - works, graphics issues: transparent message box and messed up buttons in menu, flashing marbles ingame.
View attachment 33853View attachment 33854

* Metroid Prime Hunters - menu only, minor graphical errors, further menus doesn't show up (you have to know where to click to go further). Finally, when going ingame, rom image crashes.
View attachment 33855

* Over the Hedge Movie - really messed graphics.
View attachment 33856

* X-Men The Official Game Movie - same as Metroid Prime Hunters: Demo Video - works, but graphics are distorted, wrong color palette (they use same video codec).
View attachment 33857

EDIT: Posted screenshots.

Last edited: