What's new

Project 64 video screen problem

MunkMan

Hey I have a problem with Project 64. On most of the games that I play, the screen isn't showing the entire game. Like the bottom part of the game doesn't show on the screen. Even when I try to put it on full screen, it still cuts off some of the game. So that means I can't play some games because I can't see everything. Can someone help me please?

OP
M

MunkMan

Screen

Here is the screen of Mario Party 3 that is cut off on the bottom. If you look at the bottom, some of the Press Start thing is cut off. And when I try to play the game, I can see 3rd or 4th player. Can someone help me please.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Are you using the default graphics plugin (Jabo's Direct3D8) or some other plugin, and what settings you use for it (fullscreen resolution etc.)

Your compupter specs? Graphics card?

OP
M

MunkMan

my graphics plugin right now is Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40. My fullscreen resolution is 1280 x 800 x 16. My buffer display mode is Double Buffer Vsync. I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 notebook with 1.6 Ghz processor and 2gb RAM with a GeForce 6800 Graphics Card.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
1. Why are you using Jabo's Direct3D7 plugin if you have a GeForce 6800? Please use the Direct3D8 one unless you have a really good reason not to.
2. If 1. doesn't fix things, I would urge you to use a resolution with a standard aspect ratio, preferably 4:3 or 5:4.