What's new

I need help making iso's

Rayne

Banned
Ok so the problem is when i try to make an iso for dreamcast games to run on chankast it only shows the three text files and on dead or alive 2 the bonus pix. i have alchohol 120% it does that, is there a certain setup or sumthin, i also tryed poweriso magic iso etc. i really need help im a noob for DC emus :(

Mouser X

Well, first off, the PC CD drives cannot read GD-ROM discs (That's what DC games are). So, if you're attempting to rip it using your PC, you're out of luck.

On that note, I will say that very specific models of CD drives can read GD-ROM discs, but require modification to do so (and it only works on certain games). And sorry, I have no idea which drives those would be. Search these forums though. It's been talked about multiple times.

If you're not using your PC CD drive to rip the games, and are actually doing it the "correct" way, I can't help you. And, to my understanding, it's against the rules for me to explain what the "correct" method is. Though, from what I understand, the setup is similar to ripping GC games, but I can't explain that either. Do some more searching (on these forums, or Google) and I bet you'll find more information. Mouser X over and out.

OP
R

Rayne

Banned
Ok i knew they were different but when i first got Chankast i read up on it it said u need to make iso's and then i read somewhere about a certain type of iso maker that extracted the files from DC disks and it did all the files not three text files. But if i cant do that how do i make iso files for chankast?:robot:

WhiteX

Please, JKKDARK, it is forbidden to ask how to rip an ISO here, moreso to advertise that you will give instructions to do so, edit your post.

JKKDARK

WhiteX: Can you explain me why it is forbidden? Then why Chankast is not illegal? Make an image is not illegal, I'm using my own GD's.

WhiteX

As we talked on PM, it is against the rules if it is legal or not is irrelevant, it is not illegal to curse but it is against our rules to insult people, ok.

Last edited:
OP
R

Rayne

Banned
ok first thing get myself BANNED... WHITEX mr moderator dude your a stupid dumb ****. reason: Rule day is ****ing wrong... it says direct links to download where to download etc i get that but it says how to rip and in chankast it say you need to rip the game so is chankast illegal nooo.. so fu :party: carry on about the discussion

Last edited:

WhiteX

ok first thing get myself BANNED..

Your wish is my command.

reason: Rule day was wrong... it says direct links to download where to download etc. but does not say "how to make isos

Rule number 4: Ask how to rip ISOs.

EDIT: He edited the crap he said but i had quoted it before...;)

Last edited: