What's new

Sonic adventure 2 players MUST read this (Nvidia players)

Cobrax1884

Banned
ok, i made this topic for the players that see some weird polygons (like me) when playing.
This is like a level ranking system.I'l tell you what levels are playble and how good.
Ok, let's start.
SINGLEPLAYER
level:City escape
Difficulty:VERY HARD
Playble:no :(
Glitches:polygons at every step

Level:pumpkin hill
Difficulty:easy
Playble:YES :)
Glitches:a few polygons at a montain in 1 place but 'looks up' it's fully playble

Level:Metal harbor
Difficulty:Very easy
Playble:yes
Glitches:veeeeery few polygons in the level, most of them are in the part where you come down from the rocket skateboarding, a few problems with loops, you might need to jump from the middle of them.

Level:Green hill
Glitches:A few polygons but it's fully playble

Level:Radical highway
Difficulty:hard
Playble:yes but with glitches
Glitches:very few outside but lots of them in tunnels

Level:Weapons bed
Glitches:very few, and a blue wall apears but when you go in it it dissapears

Level:white jungle and green forest
Difficulty:VERY HARD
Playble:no :(
Glitches:Lots of polygons at every step.

Level:Dry lagoon
Difficulty:hard
Playble:yes but hard
Glitches:Again, polygons

Level:Chao garden
Difficulty:VERY HARD and extreamely easy lol
Playble:no
Glitches:polygons appear everywhere at the entrance (use wireframe here) but the gardens and chao races are great

SINGLEPLAYER
Level: Piramid cave
Difficulty: Extremely hard
Glitches:Lots of them and everywhere.

Lefel:Final rush (sonic)
Difficulty:medium
Glitches:Err, it has a few polygons, i didn't play through the whole level cuz it bores me.

Level: Final rush (shadow)
Difficulty: Easy
Playble:Yes
Glitches: Very few in tunnels

BOSSES
Boss:big foot
Difficulty:very easy
Playble:duh
Glitches:very few polygons here and there :p

Boss:last
Difficulty:mad:.@ very easy
Playble:YEP
Glitches:none :)

MULTIPLAYER
Racing:eek:nly radical highhway with lots of glitches and you cant even see what player 2 is doing
Shooting:all, no glitches
Hunting:none

it's up to you to continue with the levels and this could be stickied :)
Have fun:party:
oh, yeah, and whan i was saying easy or hard etc. i meant the level with the glitches not the level/boss normaly

If you have a gforce 2 the game could be fully completable but with a gforce fx5500 you just get a wall in front of you and wont dissapear but there are some lelvels are fully playble and the others, well WIREFRAME
With a XFX GeForce 7600 GT the levels are fully playbe except for white jungle and green forest (Thanks to Dark Tits for the info ^.^)

Last edited:

HiReZ92

This is a good guide but I just have a fex questions. I have seen all across message boards that Nvidia users will no dought get bugs, but what about people who have ATI cards? The reason I ask this is because I wanted to know performance wise how well Sonic Adventure 2 would run on a pc with an ATI card with errors or is it fully compatible with no visible gameplay problems. Also, how well does the Chao Gardens run on a Nvidia card because on your list you had multiplayer but wasn't sure if the Gardens were included. And lastly what was the way you navigated to each level? I have heard people used saves from gamefaqs but wasn't clearly sure on exactly how to do that. Overall great and very helpful thread for Nvidia users

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
HiReZ92 said:
So you get perfect gameplay when playing Sonic Adventure 2? If that's what you're insinuating.:borg:
Not necessarily, but people with ATI card have reported less errors with some specific games when compared to NVIDIA users.

OP
Cobrax1884

Cobrax1884

Banned
Well, you can't see absolutely anything in the chao garden and I barely got out of there XD.
And about the save, yes I got it from gamefaqs and played a few levels from the level select screen.
And the voice is also scrambled.
And about ATI cards, you need a 9600+ or something like that if you want to play the game perfectly or a Gforce 6600fx or better.I have a 5400(darn).
And when you select the BOSS option in story mode, the game sometimes freezes.
Oh, and thx 4 adding a link in the compatibility list :p

JKKDARK

HiReZ92 said:
So you get perfect gameplay when playing Sonic Adventure 2? If that's what you're insinuating.:borg:
I finished the game on Chankast :p Anyway, play on Chankast is not ver funny, I prefer on DC.

OP
Cobrax1884

Cobrax1884

Banned
yeah, that's true, (i can't wait till my aunt will buy me a dc).
and i dl a chao save from the net (no chao but all gardens unlocked) and it's very cool in the gardens(ALOT COOLER THAN IN SA1 OR IN SADX DUDZ)so, here's the stuff:
Level:Chao gardens
Difficulty:extremely easy
Playble:Yop(that's how eggy says when he jumps XD)
Glitches:alot at the chao garden entrance(in that place where u are in space) but veeeeeee 'continues 2 end of world' eeeeeeery easy and almost no glitches in the gardens.
I reccomend the neutral one.
it's the easiest one.DO NOT GO IN THE CHAO KINDERGARDEN XD, it's very glitchy, besides that everything it's cool, you can raise the chao perfectly but i can't seem to see the chao's stats.
You will have a little surprise in the garden (neutral).
CLUE:under waterfall

OP
Cobrax1884

Cobrax1884

Banned
lol, hope this thread is helpful for some of you.
I'l come up with more levels soon.
SINGLEPLAYER
Level: Piramid cave
Difficulty: Extremely hard
Glitches:Lots of them and everywhere.

Lefel:Final rush
Difficulty:medium
Glitches:Err, it has a few polygons, i didn't play through the whole level cuz it bores(did i spell it right?) me.
I don't know if I told you but there is a major slowdown in the movies.
E.g:Aftef the finalhazard, after they say "Chaos controll!" the song when shadow dies just ends XD.
That's kinda funny lol
This is a good guide but I just have a fex questions. I have seen all across message boards that Nvidia users will no dought get bugs, but what about people who have ATI cards? The reason I ask this is because I wanted to know performance wise how well Sonic Adventure 2 would run on a pc with an ATI card with errors or is it fully compatible with no visible gameplay problems. Also, how well does the Chao Gardens run on a Nvidia card because on your list you had multiplayer but wasn't sure if the Gardens were included. And lastly what was the way you navigated to each level? I have heard people used saves from gamefaqs but wasn't clearly sure on exactly how to do that. Overall great and very helpful thread for Nvidia users
1)yes they will get bugs unless they have a nvidia gforce 6800fx
2)it depends on what card they have.I'm not very "compatible" with ati cards if you know what i mean
3)if you have a good ati card then you have an incorporated dc in ur pc XD
4)As i said, in the chao garden entrance hall it's very hard to find you're way but once you know where the gardens are you will have you're own pet XD.The gardens are great.The surprise that i said is that in the chao race entrance you can't see anything but you can see the writing and you can select a chao race.In the race you can see everything(man theese chao are soooo cute :) )
5)A save from gamefaq
6)Thanks for the compliment
So you get perfect gameplay when playing Sonic Adventure 2? If that's what you're insinuating.
It is probably depending on what gfx card he has
I finished the game on Chankast Anyway, play on Chankast is not ver funny, I prefer on DC.
GOOD JOB!!!
now i'l hunt you and steal you're pc XD
Not necessarily, but people with ATI card have reported less errors with some specific games when compared to NVIDIA users.
Yes that is true! but as i said it depends on what model or something it is
Ha, I'm not an Nvidia user
I HATE YOU!!!
EDIT:HEY, my thread is the most popular on the page (except the sticky ones)
Sticky this one too please

Last edited:
OP
Cobrax1884

Cobrax1884

Banned
Here is a gift for all of you.
Extract this archive in you're chankast folder, it has the sa2 full save and the chao garden save.
Files:vms.bin
vms1.bin
both have the same saves, the second one is just for backup.
to apply it, start chankast and go to plugins>configure
Go down and for the first controller select vms or vms with lcd.
Be sure you extract the files i gave to you in the chankast folder
HAVE FUN !!!:party: :bouncy:

I LIKE PIE BUT I LIKE SONIC ADVENTURE 2 MORE THAN PIE XD
Hey, jddark, that vid of ps2 vs. dc rox.
Yeah, DC RULZ PS2 SUX
DC>>>>>>>PS2
It's classic dude and has alot better games, i mean, look at the sonic games.
Shadow the hedgehog and sonic heroes are the lamest.Esspecialy heroes, it's too childish.
Anyway, great vid XD

Last edited:
OP
Cobrax1884

Cobrax1884

Banned
Level: Final rush (shadow)
Difficulty: Easy
Playble:Yes
Glitches: Very few in tunnels AND IT'S COOL LEVEL XD

OP
Cobrax1884

Cobrax1884

Banned
OMG, how the hell did you lost so many lifes?
I played it on chankast and barely lost 1 life.
LMAO

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
Just to add:

My GeForce 2 (yes, this is not a typo!) can play the game with few glitches.
My GeForce FX5200 has many glitches. Instead of just some polygons falling, the entire screen gets painted with one color that doesn't let you see anything
My XFX GeForce 7600 GT shows almost no problems, except for the jungle levels. I have tested 20 stages and 5 bosses and they vary from completely playable to playable. Chao garden is almost fully playable (except for some races where you can't see what's happening).

emukeen

Thanks Cobrax1884 very much. Now i can have a taste of the game with the save file. I just wonder why there isn't a PC version of the game. I love sonic, you know.