What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

paper mario hires project..

DDRPIP

The One and Only
If i did a paper mario retexturing project (thanks Mollymutt once again for sprite sheets, remade them)
would anyone be interested? it might be a while but I'm about to start the actual retexturing...
i need to know so after band camp I can know if I should or not...
what do yall think?
I'll have screenshots soon, just I have stuff i gotta do first..
please give me some comments

http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/997/

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
not to be rude, but I just wanna try it on my own, see if i can.. if you understand what i mean

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Right..If you´re gonna retexture pm, you should go for a more different approach then Mollymutt, or it would be quite...boring. Maybe make it look more paper-like, but thats easy to do with a filter..Play around with colors, something like that..

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
I have band camp 2marrow to the 14th of august, so I'll have to post the real picture later but I've started a bit, and yes, i know it's just a mario, but I have yet to get the paper look to it, cause after i'm still experimenting...
tell me what ya think
cya

well here's a very early WIP, I've done some font, and a little of the title screen
again it's a WIP so don't expect any packs or anything..I haven't really started yet, just a teaser preview XD
oh yeah I also called it PMBackup cause I was gonna back the files up on a website, cause I didn't wanna lose any data..
EDIT:I'm working on the Title picture (the huge one) I should have it in a day or 2..band camp...ugh..

hmm, the forums arent lively these days...well anyway here are some screens, someone please tell me what they think of them...
I didn't change the names so plase ask me before if you use them for something...

this screenie was too big so here it is:
http://the0xiaos0only.tripod.com/Untitled-1_copy.png

this isnt all ive done but some of it..
I'm working on Toad and stuff so tell me what you think people..

Riup

i really like the "?" block, but the others, not so much. but there definitly improved so your going in the right direction.

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
hmm not the others eh? figured it would be that way..
well if it's the paper look that you like about it then that's good that's what i wanted..
what about these? they aren't the best but they match the "?" box
thanks for the feedback :p

Edit: also the characters aren't so easy to edit, but the items can be made and edited easily but the characters will take a while.. anyway..whatever if you understand what i mean...XD

well I'ma officially start sometine this month but it's hard to make progress when I'm in band camp 9 1/2 hours a day but when school starts I'll be doing at least 3 textures a day (if they're characters) but yeah, I'll plan to start sometime this month...
cya

Typify

Nolife
I wouldn't really call it edit if you just use a filter and some random graphical effect from photoshop. -_-

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well for most of the pictures i draw them first so it is editing them is it not? i draw them and then use photoshop to edit them,
also those are just items the characters look different then just a filter look, I'm still working it out

random graphical effect? I make these not just figure something out to to edit in 5 minutes, I put time into these...
anyway I won't be able to do much cause my graphics card won't load some textures... I need a new one, so I have to get some money to get a radeon 9600xt (I've decided already) so yeah...
cya

Last edited: