What's new

Zelda 64 project: Unicorn Fountain and Triforce

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Please do not ever give up on this! The project looks really promising, and would definitely be the best ever fan based zelda game ever created. I destroyed every zelda game from start to finish on every platform with every secret/heart (except twilight princess which I'm still playing, Wii rules!) including 'some', not all, of the fan based rom hacks. As a huge fan of zelda games, like many of us, it would be awesome to see an entire zelda game professionally done by the people for the people, and hit us by surprise. And who knows, if it's good enough people would donate to the cause, and/or video game developers might take notice at your hard work. Keep up the good work!

OP
J

Janet Merai

TLOZ: Unicorns Lair Artist
Please do not ever give up on this! The project looks really promising, and would definitely be the best ever fan based zelda game ever created. I destroyed every zelda game from start to finish on every platform with every secret/heart (except twilight princess which I'm still playing, Wii rules!) including 'some', not all, of the fan based rom hacks. As a huge fan of zelda games, like many of us, it would be awesome to see an entire zelda game professionally done by the people for the people, and hit us by surprise. And who knows, if it's good enough people would donate to the cause, and/or video game developers might take notice at your hard work. Keep up the good work!

You speak a lot of truth Bighead :)

I have no plans on canning this project :p
In reality, this entire project was a simple curiosity out of wandering around the Unicorn Fountain and just being able to walk around, that's it.

But I had extensive ideas of being a game developer and what if Nintendo noticed my hard work to break into the industry?

I know modders modify models to make them look high-definition with pointless graphics...but I wanted to change the face of what employers think when they hire developers.

I wanted to do something that no other fan really attempts to do...make a complete game from start to finish, whichever team, by hand without the push of publishers dictating what they want in the game without your say.

I want to create Zelda, this new project, in a way that marks the game for what it truly is, not rushed for the holidays so Nintendo could earn some extra bucks.

I still need programmers though, I have the storyline and game-play in mind, I just need a set of programmers.

Again, I have no plans to cancel this project.

Note: Developers usually depend on donations or some kind of "user feedback" to continue on or they threaten the project to be halted.
Its just an excuse to say your project is well liked when it is cruddy and just horrible.
I want my game to be well-made and to show it off so others will notice me and I can have a CHANCE to get into the industry.

To others:
Please do NOT tell me I will not get into the industry at all.
This is a CHANCE to break into the industry. Its a do-or-die project that will take time and planning, its not like I am going to get everything right on the first try.
People are negative and jealous, so they hurt what they like most.

This project was created from interest, not investment.
It would be nice to have donations and user help, but it seems I am the only one which may take even LONGER to make :p

So here's hopes that I can do something with little programming knowledge XP

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
People just like being negative... I'd be negative myself if it was my project. Still, good luck and best of wishes.

Arnack1

I think your doing a absolute wonderful job, Janet Merai.
Being a Zelda fanatic myself, I remember all those Unicorn Fountian pictures and suprised not to see them in the game itself!
Anyways, I would really like to help with this game. Any way possible.. If it was a conceptionalist, or a dungeon designer, any way possible!
-Arnack

Mitdylan

When do you think this will be finished?
I ask because Every 3D Legend of zelda game has took 3 years to make each.

Toxic Hobo

I have no clue how to program (Unless you need a cruddy Vb6 program :p) but I can follow orders perfectly and have alot of spare time so if you need a beta-tester you know who to pm :p. I do however know alot of artists/programmers that would be willing to do a little freelance work or review some code so if you want a hookup send me your email and I'll get you an invite to the site

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
I don't know any programming (unless you count visual basic) but I can make textures and what not if you need them, and do web design so I can make you a website if you need.

OP
J

Janet Merai

Hi people!

I have been majorly busy with work and I have some free-time available :)

I've tinkered with the game project some, but I am still at a loss in programming.
If anyone is able to help me with the programming, even if it is Dark Basic Professional, I really need help on this :D

I need programmers people.
I can do level editing, menu's and so on, I just need a programmers help :)

To get this game rolling on the ball, i've taken the liberty of going back to a 2D based representation of the game :)
2D game development tools out there are a great necessity to get my idea out and rolling to 3D :D

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
Something to consider:

Since you're basing your idea largely on Ocarina of Time myth and legend, I suggest making the game look as much like OoT as you can.

The ladder you made, for example, does not look "OoT". OoT uses a two-dimensional model for it's ladders, and then a texture to either side with transparencies where rungs aren't.

Just an idea. You've made great progress with your modeling, but I doubt you'll get much help from anyone with a knowledge of 2D programming (I could have made that demo you released in VB express!).

You might also consider getting someone to work with you on texturing, so that you can devote most of your time to modeling.

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
You might also consider getting someone to work with you on texturing, so that you can devote most of your time to modeling.

Which is why I said I can help with graphics. I also have minimal experience in visual basic programming, but all I've really done is make text based games and such. I'm steadily learning.

OP
J

Janet Merai

Thank you :)

What would you like to help on with?

I am working on ripping more 3D models such as Tektites, I have the sword, sheild and other accessories, I am trying to render a picture in 3DS Max that shows what I am going for without programming :)

I also ripped the textures as well, if I needed to, I could alter the original textures and make new ones for other areas :)

What is anyone looking to help with this project?

I am working on ripping the models out, fixing them and making the game's idea and functionality.

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
Do you plan to replicate the entire world of OoT and then add on to it? That is, the main world, not dungeons.

If not, what are you taking out?

OP
J

Janet Merai

I plan to replicate the entire world, but close off sections that I am not finished with.

I want to impliment everything, but for now I want to focus on blocking most of it out.

I plan to start out in Kokiri Forest and then the adventure starts there, just as you did in Ocarina of Time :)

After I get Kokiri Forest and Hyrule Feild done, I am going to put all of my energy into making rooms, traps, dungeons and so on within the new dungeon I originally planned, the Unicorn's Lair :)

Other dungeons will include the Temple of Light, Ice Temple and possibly an Earth Temple too :)

Any other creative stuff will have pictures taken in render to show my ideas :p

I realized something while talking to my girlfriend, and she didn't tell me:
What you want may have to revolve around abilities you are not fond of nor have, but create what you know how to and show it off, because someone is obviously going to find it interesting even if you don't

:)

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
Right. I'm sure there are plenty of programmers that are able to work with 3D objects that would love to help you out on your game. I'm not sure if anyone here would, though, so I hope you are checking out other forums for interested people.

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
your project look promissing . I would like to know if you want me to help you with textures or others? i'm sure we can make a great game both . But only if you need help .

OP
J

Janet Merai

Wow, thank you Djipi :D

If you could create the textures for me, I know I am an artist, but I am working hard on design, 3D modeling and getting the bits and pieces of the ripped Ocarina of Time models put together and to be rigged/animatable :p
Not to mention, when I rip a 3D model from the game, they are in bits and pieces, and I have to attach a lot of seperate objects/planes together just to get them looking decent, then I have to weld vertices to make the model able to animate :p

Anywho, it would CERTAINLY help a LOT if you could help with textures and make them altered as well :D

I need to keep most of the textures in 64 bit to keep the feel of the original game, high-resolution and next-generation specifications can be touched WAY later :)

If you want to help me out, Djipi, we are going to be doing a lot of water/ice based textures :)

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
If you're just ripping the models from the original game, you may as well rip the textures, too, assuming you're going for the feel of the original game. So why bother re-making them?