What's new

Zelda 64 project: Unicorn Fountain and Triforce

OP
J

Janet Merai

TLOZ: Unicorns Lair Artist
I only added a bit more to the entrance on the second room :p

Nothing really changed except the view and a few more polygons :)

OP
J

Janet Merai

These are 3 rough screenshots right after I modeled the third room :)

Please be aware ANY of these rooms can change or even be removed.

Don't worry, we are planning to keep a history in versions that can be accessed :D

Please people, your suggestions will benefit!
I would appreciate feedback and comments :D

Van Halen Man

Here are pictures of things that are rumored to have been remove from the game, if you want to see some more things that you could do when you are done with the Unicorn Fountain. I think that There are pictures of the Unicorn Fountain, Just in case you haven't seen them( which based on the pictures of your design, you already have).

http://internal.tbi.net/~max/zstrange.htm

Last edited:
OP
J

Janet Merai

linkcanabico said:
you sed 3D "Modelers - Model ripping is a plus (models can be improved with 3D programs if taken from Zelda 64)"
first of all if you want to give the feelin it belongs in OOT you suld not improve the models.
and the fountain is alredy accesible flying over the iner wall of the castle realy near from were you meat Zelda ther is also a model of the triforce used for the animation that folows since the models are loaded befor the animation starts
the trick is to Fly over the wall with the hold L to fly cheat and then fall directly on the triforce wich will drop you on the base of a room with four unicorns the game will crash if you trie to move

Can someone PLEASE explain this more, or even screenshots please?

I went to Zelda's Courtyard, where you meet Zelda for the first time, and flew over the inner wall. I saw the Triforce's three beams which are colored blue, and saw NO Triforce.

I hovered with the hold L to float and dropped in-between the three blue rays used for the Triforce animation.

I dropped and only landed where the castle guards are who do not move nor have an animation to them, no Unicorn room to be found Oo;

Can someone PLEASE help? This may help me a LOT more :)

Van Halen Man

Yeah, I tried to do it to. There is NO triforce, and nothing happens when you fall through the rays. Do you have to fall all the way down to the pitch black, far enough for it to restart you in the begining of the room again?

Miretank

Lurking
offtopic: the more I see about zelda beta, the more I hope that someday the idea could be finished and released. :(

OP
J

Janet Merai

Here is my first design on the title logo :p

Nothing fancy or great, its just a design.
I hope to do more once the game progresses.
Please do not ask questions from the meaning behind the words, they will be un-answered.

OP
J

Janet Merai

Project has been updated, check the first page's first post for more information :)

And no, we are FAR from dead XD
Life issues came up.

t3mp3st

Digital-X-Interactive
this project sounds really great. I'm a big fan of Zelda and i hope there will be a playable demo very soon..... Good Luck !!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this take years to complete? Unless you're planning on doing a shorter game than usual games (like OoT).
Don't take this wrong, this project is VERY interesting and I would love nothing more than to play another Zelda game.
On the programmer point, perhaps you wouldn't mind telling what exactly it is that you need help with. There are many programmers here on EmuTalk, but not everyone can do 3D graphics. So maybe you *could* elaborate a little bit...

I also find that you are taking the whole thing with remote desktop thing a little too far... MSN's remote assistance lets you view and control a remote computer IF they agree to that. And to my knowledge, the ones whose computer is controlled can still control it and terminate the session if necessary.

OP
J

Janet Merai

The more we work on it, the better it is :)
We are not aiming for a rush, we are aiming for something...interesting.

With me being the creative person behind the game, this shouldn't be too far off, especially since I have great design skills :p

And the remote assistance, maybe I did lol XD

And about programmers, i'm not sure if I want a group of them.
I've heard horror stories of programmers working together X_X;

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Don't mean to nitpick your terms but If I were interested (yep I am capable of this sort of work) I wouldn't join see why:

"If you agree to help out with this project, you agree to use remote desktopping and the permission for me and Sona, or any user who suspects malicious use, to report you to authorities. Your IP address will be asked privatly and given to not one person and stays confidential for remote reasons. This ensures everyone is safe and does not get abused."

Um, yeah... rule number one when recruiting people to volunteer, never write threatening things like this as you want to give them an incentive for joining your project. No only that how likely is it that the person would be doing malicious things anyway? I find your logic questionable.

Remote desktop is useless for debuging games because it has a slow refresh rate, depending on internet connection becomes even worse, you can debug GUI's but not moving images.

This is a rather unorthodox method to rely on for debugging - the professionals tend to stick with detailed bug reports and screenshots and try to reproduce it on their system.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Janet Merai said:
The more we work on it, the better it is :)
We are not aiming for a rush, we are aiming for something...interesting.

With me being the creative person behind the game, this shouldn't be too far off, especially since I have great design skills :p

And the remote assistance, maybe I did lol XD

And about programmers, i'm not sure if I want a group of them.
I've heard horror stories of programmers working together X_X;
But as you know, it is the programming part that takes most of the time. The more you add, the more programming work and the longer it takes to make the game. And I'm sure you could work on it like, forever, when creating it, as long as you have fun, but others want to play it as well.