What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

"Super Mario 64 Realistically Redefined" The Naturalistic Hi Res Project

OP
H

HiReZ92

Bomb-Omb Battlefield

Hello all,

I'm almost done with the Bomb Omb Battlefield map with only a few textures to make. I'm posting a few before and afters with the map to show the improvements. Also does anybody know the ID#'s for the bomb-ombs, metal balls, canons and the metal bars? Is there a good stradegy for finding the textures I am looking for instead of navigating through the whole texture dump folder? I am talking about being in a map and dumping all of those textures in one folder.

Enjoy the photos!

Last edited:
OP
H

HiReZ92

Fantasy4ever222 said:
So do you have a release date?
Not yet, I am making sure everything comes out just right. The process of making remaking and pefecting each texture is time consuming aswell. Besisdes that how are you guys liking it so far? So far Bomb Omb Battlefield has been my favorite map of retexturization. I'll keep you all posted on a release.

Last edited:
OP
H

HiReZ92

Here is the first release of my project at its early pre-alpha stage with still a few things left to work out in the game. When testing the map I found a few issues in terms of the framerate, but I'm not sure if it was just my computer so when playing please give feedback towards the performance in the game. One more important note, Please do not steal my work by using them in your name or altering the textures in any way!

Thank you all and Enjoy,
HiRez

Hey everyone, just checking how the Bomb-Omb BF is going in terms of preformance. Please feel free to let me know how you like the pack. Also I want to inform everybody that I am in the process of making a new pack soon and will posting new screenshots on the game very soon.:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
H

HiReZ92

tenaciousleydea said:
i didnt get any lag, kinda weird stuttering camera movement for some reason although...hmmm. but looks great, keep workin : )
Thanks a lot for the compliment and I am very glad that you are enjoying my pack. If you are suffering from the camera flickering in full screen, click the "Current Game Options" under graphic options and make sure you go to "Frame Update" and use "At VI origin update after screen is drawn" in that option area. It should be the last option of the frame update category. I have used it and have not found any problems yet. If problems continue please feel free to post.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
people are criticizing his artwork, saying it's not original and n00bish, but I think it's good

DDRPIP

The One and Only
hmm, you need to fix the water texture real quick, you can tell where it tiles very easily, try bluing the edges or making the texture more complex so there are more areas that dont match up very well when tiled..
but other than that, it's going good so far, keep it up!

Last edited:
OP
H

HiReZ92

Will do, and thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know how to go about to fix tiling problems like the water, but I will try to use your suggestion to make the water blend in better instead of being tiled.

Once again thanks and there will be more screenshots posted very soon on the upcoming levels!:king:

Like I promised I'm releasing screenshots of my latest work on some maps like Jolly Rodger Bay. Once again I am showing the before and after effects of the pictures and what I did to touch up on such as the sand and water aswell as the rocks. It's about 60% done and I'm still seeing what needs to be done here and there. Enjoy the screenshots and there will be more in later on!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:

tenaciousleydea

hah yeh you work very fast...unlike kman...and thanks a ton for the tip it fixed my problem : ) awesome well ill be waiting for more, goodluck and peace.

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
If you are really trying to make your hi-res project thing look realistic.... it'd probably help to use reference images from real life.

I.E.- noise filter does not equal sand, and clouds with lighting effects does not equal dirt