Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post "Super Mario 64 Realistically Redefined" The Naturalistic Hi Res Project

Hello, and this is the Introducing of my, Super Mario 64 redifined with realistic textures! I'm working on taking games like Super Mario 64 and giving the game a look of of realism and a rich atmosphere. I provided the pictures of the before and after of the inside lobby of the castle and the "major" differences of the marble floor, carpet and especially the wall art. This project is at its early stage and I have fully completed the outside and lobby. I have only gone this far to make sure everything was complete and perfected in my eyes and I am waiting on opinions from the artists and viewers on emutalk, so I am open to comments and suggestions on what is you guys like and what you see can be improved on.

Hope this launches well and thanks,
    HiRez92

Last edited by HiReZ92; July 20th, 2006 at 03:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not a comment on the work but any 56k modem users are gonna hate this topic, took my bb connection a few moments to load up those pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Poster Edges does not a texture pack make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skyman8081
    Poster Edges does not a texture pack make.
    Seconded.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No offense, but 1MB PNG's of Photoshop-filtered textures is bound to disaster..

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Who said anything about making the whole game based on filters? I am still playing around with each texture and seeing what would go best with some of the textures. This is pretty much the one place where a I am experimenting with filters and in my opinion some the textures stand out a little better when using a few filters. Also it was my mistake to make such big pictures like this, wasn't thinking when it came to sizing the images. I'll be sure to make the a reasonable fit for the pictures or place them as attached images.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If all you can artistically do is apply Photoshop filters, your pack is going to go nowhere. Same with people who can only put Google Image Searched things as textures.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dave
    If all you can artistically do is apply Photoshop filters, your pack is going to go nowhere. Same with people who can only put Google Image Searched things as textures.
    Why don't any of you get it through your thick skulls that this was just an experiment with the lobby. I didn't do the whole freakin game with filters! You really should be looking for the people who google image and slap it right into the map! How do you even think projects get started? Through photoshop filters, layers adjustments and other tools. I didn't even put out a pack already they don't call it testing for nothing. Instead of hating on the textures and critisizing of some filters I used you should really work on yours!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Without criticism, this forum would be completely full of horrible texture packs. It's best to demonstrate some artistic competence early on - to avoid what's just happened here. Filters are a no-no for well-done texture packs.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Your right, Toasty and I greatly aprreciate and agree with comment you have just made. I apologize for blowing up like that earlier on in the thread about my textures and I have come to realize after looking at the picture that I will most likely redo the walls and doors for a better look. I'm going to post up new images later because I am finding ways in which I can improve on this particular area. I have also realized that poster edges on the walls and doors overexagerate and avoid the feel of what I wanted my work to be. Once again I apologize for going off like that to all of the members who replied to this thread and I have now taken your advice for the better and applying this newfound experience to my work.

Thanks again Toasty ,
    HiRez92
    Last edited by HiReZ92; July 20th, 2006 at 03:18.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast