What's new

I need some serious help! (has to do with nemu64 debugging)

eNathan

Hi, everyone -- new kid here
So I am trying to write a multiplayer modification for Paper Mario, allowing you to play it over the internet. I, of course, need some good debugging tools for this :bouncy:

Nemu 64 seems to offer alot of debugging features, but apparently you cannot set breakpoints (not register breakpoints, I mean, breakpoints for memory addresses)? To re-word this, I need the debugger to stop the emulation when a certian peice of memory is read / written to, so I can see what exact peice of code is using the data.

Is there any way I can do this? It is rather essecial to my project :unsure:

Thank you so much for your help :D I really hope this project doesnt fail because of something so . . basic lol

Quvack

breakpoints are simple to set on a specific memory address..

Goto Plugins -> Debugger:Memory -> type the address you want to set a breakpoint on, and then right click its section in the memory viewer below, it should turn green. That means you have breakpoints turned on for that area.

OP
E

eNathan

yay :D Thanks alot, Quvack! :bouncy:

So ive spent the last 12 hours hacking this on and off -- I did manage to find the area of code which is used to display text (apparently, any form of text, including signs, chats, and any text use for the battle scene). I am still trying to figure out the exact sub to call, and the paramaters to pass to it (by pushing data to the stack). This stuff is not only fustrating, it's addictive :drool: