Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    The Great Gunblade Wielder squall_leonhart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    keep up the good work mate

if you ever need someone to run a test on a beta, pm me
    i've worked on several beta,s (the latest being WL Messenger)

Plugin Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    waaaa hold on hold on...

Okay, so if I understand it, the controller read is seeing a nonzero axis as being "pressed"...

Ah hah, okay, I know why it's breaking. The old code kept a joystick state for the selected joystick; if it hadn't changed by a certain amount, then it wouldn't read it as an assignment. Unfortunately, when I made it so you didn't have to select a joystick in order to use it, I had to rip out that piece of code-- because now, it scans ALL your devices, so it would have to keep track of ALL the states when scanning. In DirectInput, on axis-based controls, "neutral" is supposed to be 0, "full positive" is 32767 and "full negative" is -32768. Even for throttles, for calibration purposes the rearmost position is usually 0 (unless it has reverse thrust, but we're not worrying about that here). So your triggers should be going from 0 to 32767 or from 0 to -32768 if they're set up right. Maybe a problem with the profile? I don't know the software that well. Oh well.

Alright... ermm... yeah, so I'll just fix it by making it an array of joystick states. It's ugly, but it should work.

I haven't tested it yet, so.... err... I hope it doesn't crash? I PM'd you with the details.

A better idea than setting them as analog axes is just to set the two triggers to be buttons in the XBCD config. That way you can adjust their activation strength from the XBCD control panel. N64 buttons aren't analog; the only analog axes on an N64 controller are the two joystick axes anyway. So you wouldn't be losing any quality.

Quote Originally Posted by squall_leonhart
    i can reproduce the second bug on both my machines and the first bug is an odd one lol. which also occurs on both machines.... now that im tinkering with it .

btw, could a import old config file, method be made?.

edit.

theres something going on here.

its wierd, i can't assign any buttons to my XBCD modified Xbox Controller
    it keeps assigning Z+ which is one of my trigger buttons.

the trigger buttons are perfectly setup though, in xbcd they show as 0 meaning they are in the disengaged zone.

ok i can see whats happening.

mate,
    with my xbox control i have split the triggers between the Z- axis and the Z- rotation axis so i can use both buttons at once, this is technically how the xbox control works on the xbox (otherwise you couldn't press both triggers at once.. they would negate each other)

anyway, you have to allow for such controls to dip into the negative zone. like in the 1.82a plugin.

ok heres what happens

if i set the 2 triggers up on 1 axis, 50% would be the neutral zone.
    but since i put the 2 triggers onto separate axis's 0% becomes the neutral zone once calibrated, so you have to allow for that in the plugin.

? do you have a modified xbox control available or something so i can show you what i mean with my own custom XBCD profile?

maybe i could upload some screenshots of what i mean...

i found a temp fix but it breaks other things.

resetting the calibration to defaults makes the neutral zone 50% again, which allows PJ64 to be configured

BUT.
    games like EA's NFSU and NFSU:2 now suffer from not having the control pressed deep enough to accelerate. so it feels like you only have the control half pressed.

you need to re-allow for a 0% value to be the neutral zone on certain controllers. it worked in 1.82a and still does in 1.83 fine so.. yeah..
    Oh and one more thing, importing old config files isn't really high up on my priorities, but I'll see what I can do... gotta get the new ones working correctly first.
    Last edited by Clements; October 6th, 2006 at 20:26. Reason: Merge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    im not having any problems loading profiles

excellent

you've even incorporated the idea i asked for (being able to change paks via controller

ok, this might be an odd request.

but instead of having the mempak <> adaptoid it could be transferpak <> adaptoid

that way you could have all 4 features on just 2 buttons, making it quicker.

edit
    another bug found.

Rumble isn't working (games tested, Zelda MM, Zelda OoT, Super Mario 64)
    clicking the test button the control rumbles fine, but its like its not reporting that the rumble pack is connected to the game
    Last edited by squall_leonhart; August 3rd, 2006 at 10:25.

Plugin Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just updated the source tree and the binary with the latest fixes.

/ Profiles with mouse buttons or axes save and load properly now. "Save Profile" wasn't saving mouse info at all, and even if it had, "Load Profile" wasn't reading it. Thanks NaSeR for pointing this out.
    / One kana was screwed up in my mapping. Caught it in the debugger.
    / squall_leonhart's issue with the xbcd mappings is now fixed.
    / a mempak crash bug fixed

Alright so that should be most of the outstanding bugs so far. I'll take one more look at that rumble problem once I get home. Harlay, is it working for you now?

Also, squall, rumble has to be supported by the game you're playing. OoT should work with it, as well as Majora's Mask, but Mario 64 has no rumble support. So wait, are you using an Adaptoid?? If so, make sure RawMode is selected along with either Adaptoid (that should work, I think) or RumblePak with Direct Rumble. If it still doesn't work, I need to know how you've tried setting it up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    im using a Modified Xbox controller using Dxinput for forcefeed back

rumble support is provided through the XBCD drivers, and worked fine on 1.83.

tested different settings, setups, etc, Rumble is not working in OoT and MM no matter what setting i use

will post a screenshot to show its set up properly and that.

as yu can see the settings are all setup.

pressing the test button results in the controller rumbling, but it won't rumble in rumble enabled games

working in 1.83
    OoT
    MM
    Banjo Tooie

not working in 2.0
    OoT
    MM
    Banjoo Tooie

heres how my control is modified
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ontroller_mod/
    but as i've said. it all works (rumble as well) in 1.83/1.82a
    Last edited by squall_leonhart; February 14th, 2008 at 09:09.

Plugin Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's how I test rumble in game, with Ocarina of Time.

First, if you're using a normal USB controller, you must have "rumble pak" selected from the config menu, and have your device selected. Some devices have a button to turn on/off rumble features, so make sure you've set that up right (use Test button to make sure rumble is turned on). Start OoT emulation, and press start from the intro to get into the menu. If I remember correctly, when you select a savegame, it should rumble when you select the save, and then again when you confirm it. Other places it rumbles are when rolling/crashing into a wall (usually) or when riding the horse (it will rumble a lot). There are also one or two places in OoT where the text of the game changes if you have a rumble pak inserted; the fishing game is one of them.

The most likely bug will be if the N64 thinks you have a rumble pak inserted, but your controller doesn't rumble. For regular USB controllers, this means the plugin isn't translating the N64's rumble instructions into DirectInput force feedback properly.

The unlikely bug is if the N64 doesn't see a rumble pak plugged in at all. Obviously it won't send rumble data in that case. This means there's a major problem with how the plugin is handling data. I haven't seen any of these.

As for Adaptoid users, well I haven't done any testing with that yet because I don't have one (the Adaptoid lets you plug in a real N64 controller to your computer).

squall, for 1.83 were you using the newer build with the "xinput fix"? I assume not, but... alright I'll PM ya about it.
    Last edited by Clements; October 6th, 2006 at 20:27. Reason: Merge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    im testing by doing a sword charge/spin attack as it rumbles the entre time you hold the b button.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddeity
    squall, for 1.83 were you using the newer build with the "xinput fix"? I assume not, but... alright I'll PM ya about it.
    xinput is not required on the Type-S controller
    the s-type uses standard dinput (the original xbox was built on Dx8 code, predating Xinput)

i've never used the xinput fix.

Type-S (standard black Xbox 1 controller, users Dinput)
    Type-360 (the new smaller xbox controls from the Xbox360, uses Xinput for rumble)
    Last edited by squall_leonhart; August 4th, 2006 at 08:02.

Plugin Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gotcha.

OK, other than that, I'll be out for the next week or so for work-related duties. No internet, no computer, and probably a very bored rabid. After that I'll be back to work on things again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The rumble isn't work yet.
    by the way, super mario 64 has a rumble version. see the screenshot.
    edit: new found.
    I'm set the shortcut to "Insert MemPak" and "Insert RumblePak".
    Ingame the "Insert MemPak" will work, but the "Insert RumblePak" not.
    and the "Player 1: Pak changed to Mempak" message will not disappear.
    The emulator will no response when I use the shortcut key ingame and deactive the emulator. This mean the emulator could not be reactive now.
    Last edited by Harlay; August 4th, 2006 at 13:06.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    we know Harlay, we found a bug in it, rumble capability isn't being reported to the emulator properly or something, even though clicking the test button rumbles the control.

Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast