Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rabiddeity
    Crashing when starting a game and crashing when you hit "Save" are two different things. Which one is it?
    both of them before.
    I'm trying the new plugins.
    the game is not crash now.
    but no rumble yet.
    when I click the "Test Rumble" button, a "NRage Plugin Error" dialog is appear. it show "DIEffect didn't start. Error description: function incorrect."
    if I click it frequently, the PS2 pad will rumble.

Plugin Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OK, so we know the test rumble is failing when it shouldn't be. I've made another change in the code to give a more descriptive directinput specific error message (default windows error messages are crap in this case). Download and run again, and tell me what the error message is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "DIError: undocmented: 1"
    is this mean unknow error?

Plugin Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Undocumented means it was an error not listed in the DirectInput specifications... grr. Alright, I went and dug into the header files to try to find out what's going on. Unfortunately, "1" means any one of the following:

DI_NOTATTACHED (the device doesn't appear to be connected; can happen if you've got a bad wire or controller, or if the driver is bad)
    DI_BUFFEROVERFLOW (too much data was sent to the device, shouldn't happen when we try to send one simple effect)
    DI_NOEFFECT (from the header file: "the operation had no effect". Obviously it had no effect, otherwise I wouldn't be digging around in here. Doesn't help fix the problem.)

I've set it to try downloading the effect in advance, and to only play one effect at a time. That would fix the "buffer overflow" issue if there is one. I'm also tweaking the rumble init stuff to be a bit more informative if any of the init steps fail. Give this one a shot and see if it works.

To be honest I can't think of any reason the in-game rumble would work on 1.83 and not on 2.00; I haven't changed that much in the DirectInputEffect inits. In any case, I know it won't work if the test rumble doesn't work. Once that starts working I'll know what to fix on the main end.

Latest version up, please see if this is any better. (You may still get the error popup, but if it rumbles at all I'll consider that success.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's no rumble in game. and I click the "Test Rumble" button first, it's no error popup, but it will shows from the twice click. and i click it frequently, the PS2 pad will rumble.

Plugin Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Clicking on test rumble like mad, right? Sounds like a few things:

1. the PS2 rumble motor takes a little while to spin up? maybe 150ms is too short to pick it up... try Ramp force and see if clicking once helps. Also, move the rumble strength slider all the way to 100%
    2. ntpadxp can only play one effect at a time OR ntpadxp refuses to play the effect unless the NODOWNLOAD flag is selected... The former shouldn't cause any problems. The latter... it's a stupid bug in ntpadxp, but if that's the problem I can fix it.

One other thing to realize: the test rumble button does exactly ONE rumble pulse. I have two different force feedback controllers, one made by Elecom and one by Logitech. On both of them, the rumble pulse is there, but it's a bit hard to feel it. Normally clicking the button just once, you should feel it.

If you get it to work, let me know. I put up a fresh compile just now, so you can try that as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm trying the 1st way, but no helps.
    and I changed my pad driver to PSXPAD 030220, no rumble either, but 1.83 did.

The different things of psxpad from ntpadxp:
    1, the "save" button is not crash.
    2, click "test rumble" frequently is not rumble.

The same things of psxpad from ntpadxp:
    1, no rumble in game.
    2, same error popup with same error message.

Plugin Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just found a really STUPID mistake on my part, that was throwing out these "Undocumented" errors. I fixed that, so now it should give you more useful error messages for the rumble. Sorry, Harlay, download the latest version and see if it tells us anything useful.

For anyone else who's watching, I also updated the source tree. Here are a couple other things I've fixed since the last release:

DexDrive save files and read-only files now WORK! (One or more permutations of those crashed 1.83 as well. Now it should work OK.)

However, I noticed along the way that .a64 ("note files") are not being created correctly in 2.00. I'm stepping through the original 1.83 code with a debugger and I think the original code magically glitched through to a solution. It certainly doesn't look logically correct. So I'm rewriting a couple segments relating to that. I'll try to make sure it doesn't break backward compatibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The error message is still "Undocumented".

I have new found.
    The NTPADXP has an option "scan mode":

1, best for speed (default)
    2, best for response.

When I checked option 2, the "test rumble" will work normally. the "constant force" and "ramp force" is different I can feeling. If I click it again, the error message will also popup and the pad will also rumble.

BUT, the "save" button will crash and the game is no rumbe either.

I don't know if this can help you.
    Last edited by Clements; October 6th, 2006 at 20:25. Reason: Merge

Plugin Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay. I'll run over it really close this weekend to try to fix that crash on save bug. In the meantime... hmm... try deleting this registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NRage\DEBUG

I've made a registry script file to do this for you:Attachment 33303

Just run and "import" the registry settings file.

To make sure the save bug is related to rumble settings and not gamepad settings, please first set your gamepad buttons, THEN hit "Save". Now open the config again, set to Rumble, select "None", and "Save". Finally, open config, select your rumble device, and "Save". That's three steps. If it fails, please tell me which step it fails at.

If you cannot Save these settings, please try to "Save Profile". If that works, please post that controller config file to the board in a ZIP file.

Thanks for your patience. I WILL fix this!

Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast