What's new

NRage Input Plugin V2.00 BETA (an overhaul)

Legend

I was really thinking the problem was all gone for sure, but the problem is still there, in both debug and release. Nothing is different. But now as you said the "Test" for rumble is also gone. Again, good luck.

Legend

Here. I opened F-Zero, went in-game, did rumble stuff and received rumble, open config, went to controller pak tab, did NOTHING, closed window, no rumble, even reset game, and still no rumble. I don't know how this could be working for you.

Also, do I just need to delete the files that the debug puts in my emu folder; ie"Edit6F-ZERO X.sra".

Last edited:
OP
R

rabiddeity

Plugin Hacker
squall_leonhart said:
err.. i only see pak writing in that debug.

You're seeing all the raw pak writes. I enabled them in the latest debug so we could see exactly what the PIF ram was sending and getting. Do a search for "Rumble" in that text file.

Legend said:
Here. I opened F-Zero, went in-game, did rumble stuff and received rumble, open config, went to controller pak tab, did NOTHING, closed window, no rumble, even reset game, and still no rumble. I don't know how this could be working for you.

Also, do I just need to delete the files that the debug puts in my emu folder; ie"Edit6F-ZERO X.sra".

Same problem as me, according to directinput everything is rumbling just fine, but there's no actual rumble. Dammit this is pissing me off, this is the original issue I was trying to fix 6 weeks ago.

Err, I don't know about those Edit6 files. Debug doesn't make those.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
ah, i see now rabiddeity, it kinda looked like mempak type debug thats all :p

ok,

Maybe the plugin isn't reinitialising the rumble driver itself properly?

OP
R

rabiddeity

Plugin Hacker
squall_leonhart said:
Maybe the plugin isn't reinitialising the rumble driver itself properly?

In any case, it's back to the drawing board. I'm gonna rip out the guts, init the rumble device and effect in one call, and see if that works. If it does, I'll trace the device/effect handles and see where they're being accessed. Ugh, what a pain. I seriously thought we had solved these problems.

Legend

Well, you've done good work here though. I think alot of people will appreciate the new plugin when it's all finished. Hang in there. You're almost done!:king:

OP
R

rabiddeity

Plugin Hacker
I think I've nailed the test rumble problem. Try it now.

Technical notes:
I was troubleshooting this thing for awhile, and here are some notes so I don't forget. For reference, never try to SetCooperativeLevel to a child HWND. It must be a top-level HWND like your dialog box. The only way I found this out was from checking every single DI call's return value. DirectInput will happily say it's downloading and playing your effect, but it's not. Also, DIES_SOLO (which is supposed to ensure your effect is the only one playing) makes effects play intermittently. Don't use it.

Legend

Umm...still identical to last couple of builds, nothing's fixed. Although, the "Test" works now. Checked both debug and release. Here log...:(

OP
R

rabiddeity

Plugin Hacker
Umm...still identical to last couple of builds, nothing's fixed. Although, the "Test" works now. Checked both debug and release. Here log...:(

No need to test both. Debug will always have the most bleeding edge build.

One thing to note: for now, you should set Project 64 to pause emulation while config windows are open. In Settings, check the box that says "Pause emulation when window is not active". I don't think this will fix the problem but it will make debugging much simpler.

I've uploaded another debug version with more output, and I'll also try to reproduce the issue when I get home. Can I get another log with this one?

Majihal

I don't know if it's me or not but I think that pokemon crystal, gold and silver don't work with the V.2 plugin (I tried several time with pokemon stadium 2, the blue, red and yellow version are working but not the three others).
Is it a bug ?

Here is my debug.txt : http://site.voila.fr/arkana-project/NRageDebug.txt

Sorry to bother you with this ^^

(and sorry for my poor english : I'm French:unsure: )

squall_leonhart

Silver and Gold work fine for me

crystal i believe doesn't.

Edit

HE IS RIGHT, but i could've sworn, that it was working properly before!

anyway, the error that is occuring is

Cart Read: Bank:2
Address:A000
Failed RAM read: (RAM not active)

Last edited:

Legend

Here's new log. Did the same old thing, started F-zero and then open controller pak tab and then bye bye rumble.

Majihal

The "Test Rumble" Button don't work with me, but in the game (well OOT at least, I don't try the others yet ^^) the pad rumble correctly.
I'm using an xbox gamepad with XBCD drivers, everything work perfectly but not the "Test Rumble" Button (It's not really a problem for me but I don't know if it's a bug or not ^^)

squall_leonhart

Zelda has always worked as the rumble pak is activated throughout the game automatically. (you can unplug it and plug it back in at any time)

these games don't work like that and require the game to activate them at a certain time, hence the rumble pak is not initialising properly

OP
R

rabiddeity

Plugin Hacker
Silver and Gold work fine for me

crystal i believe doesn't.

Edit

HE IS RIGHT, but i could've sworn, that it was working properly before!

anyway, the error that is occuring is

Nailed on the head, Squall. I guess the "ram enable" switch on MBC3 is a write-protect switch and not an isolation switch. This shouldn't have caused problems with MBC5 carts. See if it works now.

By the way, Majihal, you can download the French translation if you want to. It should be available on the first page. Download and put it in your Project64 directory (not Plugins directory), and then select it in the drop list.

squall_leonhart

no go

now im seeing

TPak Write:
Address: 8000
Cart Disable
TPak Read:

at the top of the log.

this doesn't show up on older logs

ok futher investigation

Pokemon Blue (MBC3) - Broken
Pokemon Red (MBC3) - Broken
Pokemon Yellow (MBC5) - working
Pokemon Gold - Silver - Crystal (MBC3) - broken

and i just noticed that cart disable is also in the mbc5 log, so its not that.

lol OMG you killed pokemon! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Majihal

Lol Squall ^^

Here is the log in attachment (I hope it's a good one)

So the first controller has a controller pak with Pokemon Gold version and the savegame, I launch Pokemon Stadium 2 and the game tell me that there is a problem with the connection with the GB cartridge (I tried to translate because my GB roms and N64 rom are french versions, but they are final dump)

(and again sorry for my really poor english :p)