What's new

1964 For Mac OSX?

bridegur

I just got a new iMac and I really want to be able to play with some of the high-res packs. Is there a version of 1964 compatible with Mac OSX?

tailslol

nope sorry but if you know what you do you can install xp on your mac with boot camp or paralel desktop but it s at your own risk... good luck!

jontd

tailslol said:
nope sorry but if you know what you do you can install xp on your mac with boot camp or paralel desktop but it s at your own risk... good luck!
Parallel provides no graphics acceleration, so I doubt 1964 would run very well under virtualization.

I can attest that it runs well under Boot Camp.

BRP

That guy
samuelgames said:
Download 1964 source... and complie with you c++ compliator...
If only it were that simple!

The 1964 source is only available for version 0.8.5, and even then it's for Windows. (The 0.9.9 being binary-only probably breaks some arcane SourceForge law, but I don't think too many people care about that... or else you'd have seen a project takeover on SF and someone else working on it...).

You'd definitely have to do quite a bit of coding for it to run on a Mac... if you could do it. Probably be better off writing your own emulator, or helping to get Mupen64 up to speed. Or better yet, write a graphics plugin for mupen64 that supports texture packs (porting RiceVideo 6.1.1 isn't really out of the question). Truth is, the next-gen emulation world could use some emulators that are both open-source and run like normal open-source projects; until then, mupen is really your best bet for anything Mac (except SixtyForce will probably make an Intel release soon enough).