What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

110% n00b Needs Help on Retexturing

Cabbage

I regestered in this site for extreme help!

I was new to emunating 2 days ago spending 5 hours figuring out what to install and finding a ROM. I ended up with having:

Project64
Zelda: Ocarina of Time ROM

I would like to retexture the Ocarina of Time game using the Wind Waker-like graphics from Djipi. But I have no idea what I am doing and I feel like ripping my hair. I know I need some "Rice Code" and when I download it and open it says "Windows can't open this file" because it needs to know what program created it. I think I need to download BMGlib.rar and RiceVideo-6 beta 10 or something. I even watched a tutorial from http://bayoudejital.classicgaming.gamespy.com/ds/temp/celzelda.html
and I got even more confused.

Could someone give me a step-by-step instruction to me like I was a 5 year old? I feel really stupid.

Could someone also give me links to the Rice Code and Djipi's Final Mod stuff.
Sometimes I seem to find them on the forums but the links lead to the Main Page of Emutalk.com (??).

Please I am begging.

Also, is it possible to retexture this on Project64 instead easily?

:(

Oh, and if someone saw that tutorial, what is the 099 Folder?? That cursor clicks it out of nowhere but what is that?

I found the thread Djipi's Final Cell Update but I figured it was a UPDATE and not the whole pack itself. There is a whole pack from Muddy in the thread but the link didn't work for me(what's a torrent?). Why are the links dead?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
C

Cabbage

I have downloaded BitLord, saved it, opened it, and installed it. Now what??

Also could someone give me a link to the Rice Code and Djipi's latest graphics (for Ocarina of Time)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mollymutt

Cabbage said:
I would like to retexture the Ocarina of Time using the Wind Waker-like graphics from Djipi. :(
Why in the hell would you want to do this? OOt is already retextured in the Wind Waker style by Djipi. It would be a complete waste of time. Besides, you weren't going to just use Djipi's textures without asking were you? Find another game to retexture with your own style. The last thing we need right now is another OOT project.

OP
C

Cabbage

Wait, you are saying I would want to alter Djipi's textures?? What I want is to put the Wind Waker textures on my OoT.

I don't want to retexture the textures itself.

Sorry if you misunderstood but seriously, how could a n00b like me learn how to do that.

Still need help here!!

Last edited:

ZFB8

Delirium Trigger
Try figuring stuff out and searching on your own. I'm fairly sure every single thing you have asked can be answered in like 4 seconds in this very forum.

Vanit

Cabbage said:
Wait, you are saying I would want to alter Djipi's textures?? What I want is to put the Wind Waker textures on my OoT.

I don't want to retexture the textures itself.

Sorry if you misunderstood but seriously, how could a n00b like me learn how to do that.

Still need help here!!
Have you tried making furniture? Or trading shares perhaps? I'm sure they'd be more fun to do without learning how to first.

This is not a field where you can come in and say, "hold my hand and tell me everything to do so I can make an awesome project and take all the credit". Do something in private, learn from scratch as most of the good people on this forum have done and come back in a few months when you have something to offer.

This is not something you can take lightly. Some people do this for a PROFESSION. If you're no good, don't bother. We have enough google-image-search projects infecting this forum as it is.

Excuse my harshness, but you are one of many.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
You need to download an emulator "1964" is a good one. Then you need to download "Rice's video plugin 6 Beta 10" follow the txt file for where to place the files, but basically the files go into the plugin folder, in the same folder the emulator is in, and there is a file called "BMGlib.dll" which needs to go into the emulator folder itself.

Then you need to make a new folder in the plugin folder, call it "hires_texture" and then when you download Djipi's OoT pack, place it in that folder.

with that done, open the emulator, and be sure to choose Rice's beta 10 video plugin, and in the video plugin's options, find the option to enable hi-res textures, and activate it.

Now when you run the game, it should load in the new textures and you can play.

If you have any problems with this, please search the forums, and refer to the existing help threads.

OP
C

Cabbage

To Vanit: Not makin' a project! I want to put the textures Djipi made in Oot. Do you still do not understand??

To mdtauk: That helped a lot, thanks.

OP
C

Cabbage

But when I download BMG and Rice Code the type is simply called RAR File and according to the video tutorial it is called instead "Application Extendor" or something like that. Is this normal?

Using BitTorrent I downloaded Djipi's Pack since it was a torrent. I do not know what to do with it now.

Last edited:

Kerber2k

Theres tutorials on this forum for a reason....please use them. People spent time making them for users having a hard time. Its even has a locked position on the top of the forum....so its not going anywhere. This thread is out of context, and should be removed seeing as its a waste of space.

Vanit

Cabbage said:
To Vanit: Not makin' a project! I want to put the textures Djipi made in Oot. Do you still do not understand??
So do you plan to get his permission first? Without his consent people will reject your pack outright.

klasa

He said he doesn't want to make a pack himself, he just wants to play OOT with Djipi's textures.

OP
C

Cabbage

Exactly!

The only problem is those links on the "Stickies" that I download does not seem to work. They are different than the Tutorial Video I saw!
I'm still trying to figure out with the Torrent stuff.

Vanit

Hmmm... Well if you're not going to release it I suppose thats fair. Its going to be a total pain for your first project with regards to textures though.

Basically you'll have to find the file of the texture you want to replace in Oot, then the appropriate texture from Djipi's pack to override it with. You'll probably have to tweak the sizes a bit to make them fit properly and perhaps tile better. There will probably be textures you won't be able to replace from the MM pack like bosses because they weren't reused.

First and foremost do you have photoshop? Otherwise this will be very difficult.

ZFB8

Delirium Trigger
Vanit, all he wants to do is play the damn game using the texture mod! -_-

And about rar files, google WinRAR, it will unpack the RAR file and the BMGlib.dll and Rice's plugin will be in it.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Vanit said:
Did you read my last post? I realise that now I've decided to try to help.
Read the first and second post on this page and you'll see that you're barking up the wrong tree.