What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

110% n00b Needs Help on Retexturing

tailslol

we cant make it easier than you has done kerber ;)
i hope it will help
a torrent is a file with a link in it(like a emule or a edonkey link) like ed2k or emule you need a client for download your rar file.
i like azureus client for download.
to launch the download simply open the torent file.
a rar file is a compresed folder like zip cab bz tar etc...
you need a decompressor program to extract it.
there are a lots of extractors like winrar winace 7z winzip...
extract rice beta 10 plugin compresed file in the plugin folder of your emulator
and and the compresed file of bmg lib near the emulator file (in the same folder as the emulator)
you need to put "THE LEGEND OF THE ZELDA" folder you have extrated from the rar downloaded with your bitorent client (the djipi pack) in the hires folder in the plugin folder. then in rice seting menu tick "load hi res textures if avaliable" and i hope it will work
if you got pb try to find a friend who know a litle how to use it (in rl or msn or things like that)

Last edited:
OP
C

Cabbage

Actually, I swear I did all that 2 days ago but...

I think I found the problem I am having now. I heard that textures only work on Version 1.0 for OoT. I have 1.2. I hope I am proved wrong, until then, I'm searching for it.

Wait...I don't have GoodName (??). Whatever that is.
And what does "dumping [the textures]" mean? And DIR??

On the tutorial they were not "GoodNamed" and other people don't really mention that to me.

Last edited:

tailslol

goodname vis a tool for rename the card name in the rom file but you dont need it if you find the rom
dumping texture mean take texture of the game (its usefull for edit them but you dont need it too)
and DIR mean directory its a synonim of folder and i got a question whitch is your nationality? ( for private mesage in foreing language)

talker

Cabbage said:
Now the ONLY problem is the torrent or textures. Either one. How do I turn it on. Or did I set it up incorreclty.

I made the torrent change with WinRAR and added it to THE LEGEND OF ZELDA folder.

The RiceCode is causing problems to my Start Menu in the Zelda game. The eqiupment menu where Link is, is all messed up.Yup, just like 1964. And the blue warpholes' appearance on the boss rooms are gone. And the dirt that comes out of Link's feet when he swings the swords appear as squares...

Wierd.

Open up your ".torrent"-file in your BitTorrent client (in your position, BitLord), let it complet downloading, rightclick on the torrent in your torrent-file and select "Open up download-folder" or something like that, then unrar the rar-file in that folder to the HiRez place.

OP
C

Cabbage

Dear talker, I already did that and still something is wrong.
Dear legend of zelda, if you were trying to emulate the first time in your life, wouldn't you be confused?

tailslol

wait the complete download before use the rar (it apear when you launch the download but the file is virtualy umpty and inusable.... like edonkey you should wait before use the file ) just wait 100% completed state

yea i know its realy funny...........................(i m joking)

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
Cabbage said:
Dear talker, I already did that and still something is wrong.
Dear legend of zelda, if you were trying to emulate the first time in your life, wouldn't you be confused?

actually, i never had any problems getting anything to work when i first got into n64 emulation.

somebody needs to make you an idiot-proof guide to installing and using hi-res textures that no one could get confused by reading. you know what, i might just try and make one because i feel sorry for you. that would suck to be stuck trying to get this crap to work for days and having no luck with it. ok, give me like a couple hours while i try to write it. and i swear to god if i write this and it doesnt help, im going to shoot myself in the face.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
C´mon, it ain´t that hard! I understood this emulator stuff right away, and that was years ago.

tailslol

me2 the first time i wasnt confuse because i have read a lots of google page to learn what i need... and it has work like a charm

tailslol

yea i think its the final solution... a rar or zip file auto executable(.exe) with all in it(emulator,plugins and textures ready to play) and will extract in good directory with a .bat or .reg file for the setings of the emulator and plugin will work... only double click needed. or a fully compiled instaler with all in it will be good it a good coder can meke it it will be good.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Actually it is not the only solution, and it isn't exactly the best one either. Alternatives:

1) Bring someone related or a friend who is computer literate to do it. Why? because emulator repacks a tend to be something of a controversial nature around here. Just so you know, packing a rom with an emulator is illegal and against the rules of this forum.

2) Forget about the textures and just run the rom as it was originally intended.

3) Read over the support threads and learn like the rest of us, if we can do it so can you.

4) Don't try at all.

tailslol

and for this use pj64 1.6
the emulator is easy to use and install and by default it is ready for play zelda

OP
C

Cabbage

I use Project 64 the all the time.
Another question I really need answered:

Does the textures work ONLY on Ocarina of Time version 1.0???

I have version 1.2. I think that is the problem because in the beggining of emulation there is a black screen that says hires_textures and lots of random stuff but does not make a difference when I play.