What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

110% n00b Needs Help on Retexturing

Vanit

I'm so confused... is he making a new pack composed of textures or one that already exists? XD

I may have been reading it wrong the whole time.

OP
C

Cabbage

I downloaded "Djipi's Cel Zelda MOD.torrent in BitComet and after it was done I saved on My Documents and now it's called: "Djipi's Cel Zelda MOD.7z.torrent"

Am I doing it right?

OP
C

Cabbage

I have done the following steps so far:

Went to a folder called Program Files>>Project64 1.6>>Plugin.
Added RiceVideo6[1].1.1beta10.rar
Went back to Project64 1.6 folder and added BMGlib.rar
Went forward to Plugin and created a folder called hires_texture
Went to hires_texture and created a folder THE LEGEND OF ZELDA
Added Djipi's Cel Zelda MOD.7z.torrent to THE LEGEND OF ZELDA
Went back all the way to Project64 1.6 and added Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!].zip

I know I did something wrong because absolutely nothing changed. I opened up Project 64 and went to Settings and Plugins Tab. I checked the Plugins and there was no RiceCode.

I am very, very sure the problem is the files:

BMGlib.rar
RiceVideo6[1].1.1beta10.rar

because they have the icon of a white window of 6 icons. The tutorial I see from
http://bayoudejital.classicgaming.gamespy.com/ds/temp/celzelda.html
has those files except they have the icons of 3 books with an Up Arrow on top of it.

I think I possibly added the torrent incorrectly, too. But the point now is that the plugins don't even work.

Could someone give me links to the RiceCode and BMG? I'm sure the ones I have are dead.

OP
C

Cabbage

Oh, and Vanit.
You still don't seem to understand.
I am not making a project. I am not tweaking sizes or changing colors (in other words, altering) Djipi's textures. I did not mean to "retexture" Djipi's textures but to make the OoT game be played "with" Djipi's textures.

The name of my thread must've confused lots of people.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
now the problems you have are, you need to extract the files from the RAR files. RAR Files are similar to zip files, they compress the actual files inside them so you need to open the RAR files, and extract the contents into the folders i told you.

With the torrent, you need to open a ".torrent" file with bitcomet or another bit torrent tool, download the file, which will be a 7zip file, which needs to be opened and the folders and files inside extracted into the folder you created. you may already have the file downloaded, but it is named wrong. If the filesize of that "Djipi's Cel Zelda MOD.7z.torrent" is over 5 MBs, then you should just remove the ".torrent" from the end of the filename, and open in winrar, or a program which supports 7z or 7zip files.

OP
C

Cabbage

Dear ZFB8,

I seem to have missed your post. So I got WinRAR and THAT HELPED A LOT. Now I need to solve the torrent problem and some INI error.

OP
C

Cabbage

mdtauk, I am confused. My torrent is 8 KB, is that normal? You said it could exceed 5 MB! I will try to follow your steps right now.

Last edited:
OP
C

Cabbage

I have changed the torrent into a WinRAR file. I hope I am doing something right. The INI error seems to be gone. Hmmm. I gonna see if it works.

Whoa, Deja Vu. I haven't set up the textures but with the RiceCode on, it acts exactly like 1964. Except there is no black flickering on the floors.

Last edited:
OP
C

Cabbage

Now the ONLY problem is the torrent or textures. Either one. How do I turn it on. Or did I set it up incorreclty.

I made the torrent change with WinRAR and added it to THE LEGEND OF ZELDA folder.

The RiceCode is causing problems to my Start Menu in the Zelda game. The eqiupment menu where Link is, is all messed up.Yup, just like 1964. And the blue warpholes' appearance on the boss rooms are gone. And the dirt that comes out of Link's feet when he swings the swords appear as squares...

Wierd.

Last edited:

tailslol

pfffffffff there are so many help thread in this forum... in the stinky... you can c them just read a litle .... and for torrent end zelda celda tutorial... you know what is google?

OP
C

Cabbage

On the Graphics Plugin I checked "Load Hi-Res Pictures If Availble" and then a black screen said loading hires-texture and random stuff. But these was no difference in the textures. I still need help with the torrent.

OP
C

Cabbage

C'mon people, I've been in this site for only 5 days workin' my butt off trying to firgure out what to do. All I have left now is to firgure out how to use the torrent and mdtauk's message didn't see to help. I have the black screen "hires-textures" on the beggining of emulating but there is no difference on the textures.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Open the ".torrent" file in your bit torrent application, I use BitComet. Then once it has downloaded, extract it and put all the files and folders into the folder you made inside the hi-res folder.

I dont think I can explain it any easier, if you can manage to understand that, then I think you should give up trying to use the pak...