What's new

How to use Satourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnislash124

Ok, I've never even tried to use a Sega Saturn Emulator until now, and it's proving to be difficult to get anything running. All I get is to the BIOS screen and that's it.....no games will actually run. Can anybody direct me on how to get games running? I plan on using Satourne or SSF. I already have the BIOS and a Shining Force 3 ripped.

On Satourne, I open up Satourne debugger, run of the CD and I click on RUN. The BIOS comes up and that's about it. On SSF, It's all set up with the BIOS and everything and the same thing happens. I double click on SSF and the thing runs but up to BIOS at which point it stays there. Any Help?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I'd recommend SSF over Satourne, unless something prevents you from using SSF.

Of course, you need to mount the Shining ForcCD image in a virtual drive before you can use it, unless you've alredy burned the game to a CD or Satourne has an option to directly boot CD image formats.

Agozer

SSF should automatically boot the game without even going to the BIOS screen. Make sure your emulator's region matches the game's region.

spotanjo3

Tell us your step by step what did you do at first. I am sure what you did was wrong. Almost every games running fine on this emulator. Let us know and we will do our best to help you out. ;)

OP
O

omnislash124

Here are my screens...The last one being a pic of the BIOS I use...

So yeah, I downloaded the emulator and set up my directories for my BIOS, set my virtual drive and set the area code for it. The rest I didn't touch.

Last edited:

Lord Darkstorm

Great sage, equal of heaven
Indeed...Is AXV cd/dvd rom a real device? IF you're using an image, you need to mount it on something like daemon tools, which will show up as a virtual drive in my computer, I.E. if you have one real dvd drive (D: for example), then daemon tools will probably be E:, you can see which one it is by clicking on the daemon tools icon in the bottom right, and it'll ask you which virtual drive you want to mount your image on. Once this is done, the cd/dvd drive in ssf MUST match the drive you mounted the image on. Not sure if I've explained this well, but I hope it helps.

OP
O

omnislash124

Yeah, it's on the right one, but I use Alcohol 120% for mounting. Do I need to use Daemon? AXV CD/DVD is the Virtual Device for Alcohol.

Agozer

omnislash124 said:
Yeah, it's on the right one, but I use Alcohol 120% for mounting. Do I need to use Daemon? AXV CD/DVD is the Virtual Device for Alcohol.
It doesn't matter which one you use.

Borisz

Alcohol should work fine.

Note that if you just have the region set incorrectly, the Saturn will say "Game disc unsuitable for this system". If you get no message at all, the image is most likely busted and is not recognized as a valid/bootable Saturn game.

Lord Darkstorm

Great sage, equal of heaven
Here's a test you can do to see where the problem lies; put a real saturn game in your pc cd-rom drive, then set that as your cd drive in ssf.

spotanjo3

I dont have any problem with Daemon tool.

But I always burnt games after test it with Daemon Tool and other tool to make sure it is a good dump, lol.

sb iq

I have problems running this emulator, too. I cannot use SSF because my computer is too old (see my specs in my profile), and I don't understand Japanese.

I am running the latest version of Satourne, using the default settings. The only settings I changed were my keyboard controls for when I actually get a game up and running.

I tried playing Christmas NiGHTS from an ISO loaded into Daemon Tools. The game boots up to the Set Clock screen, but then it freezes after. Also, there is no sound.

Please help. I really want to play this game.

Agozer

I reallydon't think the OP is interested anymore when the thread has bee ndead and buried for nearly four years. Check the dates and use some common sense before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.