What's new

Anyone heard any more news on Null DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Just wondering has anybody heard any more news on Null DC? :unsure:

And does anybody know which website covers it's news/updates?

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
News -> I tested DOA2 and on my laptop it runs playably, havn't tested much else.

Website -> They don't have one yet.

flowrent

Staus is "on it's way" ...like the Apocalipse is :D so we really don't know when it hits.
I only hope it kicks Chankast A$$ forever .
Go,go dynarec !

OP
Danny

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
ShizZy said:
News -> I tested DOA2 and on my laptop it runs playably, havn't tested much else.

Woah, it's that advanced already! Thats great news :bouncy:

flowrent

Looks like it's being worked on as we speak and many games are getting playable. The specs you need are high for the moment ,3 ghz cpu and a good pixel shader 2 video card ,but i'm sure those will be optimised in the future .
You can read more on ngemu

Cobrax1884

Banned
the best dc emu ever [b/c it can run sonic adventure 2 perfectly(that's what drkIIrazi told me)] lol maths >: )

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
the best dc emu ever [b/c it can run sonic adventure 2 perfectly(that's what drkIIrazi told me)] lol maths >: )
This is not actually confirmed. SA2 was not supported until some quite recent fixes and it currently has some serious gfx issues (Z, raz, don't shoot me pls), plus it is not deeply tested so we don't know its stability.

and are they actually gonna release it this time or just pull everybody plonker like they did with (so-called) emulator Icarus? Cos talks cheap. :spam:

Anyone can knock you off a few fake screenies.IMO If it aint released it aint real.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Icarus is as real as NullDC. NullDC is as real as Chankast. End of story.
If you don't know about something (Icarus and its authors in particular) you should just keep your mouth shut, let alone expressing your opinion. Ignorance is a bad ally.

Before I end my reply I feel the need to give you some piece of advice: Do some research before expressing your opinion. It will save you from looking like a jerk.
This post may seem offensive at start but if you do as I say you'll understand.

You have received an infraction at EmuTalk.net.
Reason: Insult Emu Authors
This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

My mistake,
What i should have said was 'are they going to release it or just pull everybodys plonker like the authors of Icarus'

Just sick of seeing promised emu's never getting released.
"Icarus is as real as NullDC" well then i hold out even less hope of release.

"NullDC is as real as Chankast"
mmm,No, no its not, chancast is sat on my computer playing games and livin' large.
Until its released Nulldc is mearly a promise just like icarus was.

Also please don't call me a jerk again,
YOU HAVE BEEN AWARDED 5 PENALTY POINTS FOR INSULTING A EMUTALK MEMBER

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The fact that you don't have something does not mean that it doesn't exist. Icarus is an emulation fact. The authors of Icarus released other projects and this alone is a proof and a reason to believe them.

ZeZu and drkIIRaziel are members of Emutalk and authors of nullDC and you insulted them (indirectly) so you got a warning.

Anyway, I had enough of your attitude so I'll let Razi handle the matter.

drkIIRaziel

I'm a Vampire o.O
My mistake,
What i should have said was 'are they going to release it or just pull everybodys plonker like the authors of Icarus'

Just sick of seeing promised emu's never getting released.

Icarus was never promised was it ? They never said they were gona release it anytime soon ...

"Icarus is as real as NullDC" well then i hold out even less hope of release.

Well , i dont care if you hope for nullDC release realy ...I think no one cares :evil:

"NullDC is as real as Chankast"
mmm,No, no its not, chancast is sat on my computer playing games and livin' large.
Until its released Nulldc is mearly a promise just like icarus was.

The fact that chankast was publicaly released doesnt make it more real ..

Apart from that , emulators are not meant to be replacement for consoles , if you want to play dc games go get a dreamcast.

Before you post more , keep in mind that Chankast team got info from ZeZu , that ZeZu was part of Icarus team , and that i have nothing to do with icarus.

Did i tell you to shut your mouth? NO
Did i call you a jerk? NO

I expressed an opinion and you shot me down in a most unruly and inpolite manner.
You gave me 5 penalty point for being insulting and then proceeded to insult me!
It is unfair of you to expect me to follow rules that you clearly dont.

I sincerly hope that you do show razi the way you speak to emutalk members.

drkIIRaziel

I'm a Vampire o.O
and are they actually gonna release it this time or just pull everybody plonker like they did with (so-called) emulator Icarus? Cos talks cheap. :spam:

Anyone can knock you off a few fake screenies.IMO If it aint released it aint real.

btw , That's quite insulting isnt it ? dont try to guess things you dont know at all.

From the way you speak , it seems like you dont know anything from what is involved on emu development , nor programming in general.Show some respect for the work that devers do , giving up their time so you can play w/ their work ....

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Did i tell you to shut your mouth? NO
Did i call you a jerk? NO

I expressed an opinion and you shot me down in a most unruly and inpolite manner.
You gave me 5 penalty point for being insulting and then proceeded to insult me!
It is unfair of you to expect me to follow rules that you clearly dont.

I sincerly hope that you do show razi the way you speak to emutalk members.

I said that you looked like a "jerk" not that you are one and I also said that you had to investigate before making any conclusions.
Your opinion was put in a non-proper manner since it contained insults towards the makers of Icarus, nullDC and Dolphin (since some Icarus members worked on the GameCube emulator Dolphin). I should indeed write something else rather than to "keep your mouth shut" but I wasn't sure that you would understand what I meant.

Now that I made myself clear I hope that you will understand that my attitude was not as bad as you want to believe.

Sigh,
okay i suspect we're getting a little sick of this discussion so lets clear some stuff up we can end this bullshit and i can get back to my deadline.

"I should indeed write something else rather than to "keep your mouth shut" but I wasn't sure that you would understand what I meant."
- dude? apolagising for an insult with an insult? :plain: no, i'll skip that one

"I said that you looked like a "jerk" not that you are one"
- a mere technicality and you know it.

"From the way you speak , it seems like you dont know anything from what is involved on emu development , nor programming in general."
- Not true. I program in asm,c and delphi also i have been following the emu scene for years.

Its not true to say I dont respect emu authors.Indeed im currently working on an emulator my self atm (not chankast).
What i don't intend to do though is go public with 20 screenshots,get the publics hopes up and then drop it on its ass without so much as a single public release, buggy or not. Wether that was intentional or not it left alot of people very dissapointed.

Ill hold my hands up and say that my comment was rash and ill convieved but your handling of the situation was equally bad. lets just can this shit, delete the posts and get back to, erm, whatever we were doing....

sound fair?

Ps. I own a dreamcast :)

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Sigh,
okay i suspect we're getting a little sick of this discussion so lets clear some stuff up we can end this bullshit and i can get back to my deadline.

"I should indeed write something else rather than to "keep your mouth shut" but I wasn't sure that you would understand what I meant."
- dude? apolagising for an insult with an insult? :plain: no, i'll skip that one

"I said that you looked like a "jerk" not that you are one"
- a mere technicality and you know it.

"From the way you speak , it seems like you dont know anything from what is involved on emu development , nor programming in general."
- Not true. I program in asm,c and delphi also i have been following the emu scene for years.

Its not true to say I dont respect emu authors.Indeed im currently working on an emulator my self atm (not chankast).
What i don't intend to do though is go public with 20 screenshots,get the publics hopes up and then drop it on its ass without so much as a single public release, buggy or not. Wether that was intentional or not it left alot of people very dissapointed.

Ill hold my hands up and say that my comment was rash and ill convieved but your handling of the situation was equally bad. lets just can this shit, delete the posts and get back to, erm, whatever we were doing....

sound fair?

My handling was the typical "search before writing whatever comes to your head" handling. Apparently you didn't before posting that Icarus is fake in this thread.

Here is your post:

Nulldc?
Lmao, from the same people that brought you the fake emulator Icarus.
Call me doubting thomas but im not waiting on that one.......

Your failure to search before continuing posting -even after my first reply to you and the infraction I gave you- leaded this thread where it is.

No further comments from my side. Whoever reads this thread from the start will understand that my actions were the consequences of yours...

"Your failure to search before continuing posting -even after my first reply to you and the infraction I gave you- leaded this thread where it is."

The second post was made before you responded.Please dont use that as an excuse for your bad actions. I would not have made the second post had i received a warning about the first, that would just be stupid now, wouldn't it. I hope that whatever your opinion of me is now you at least realise im far from stupid.

"My handling was the typical "search before writing whatever comes to your head" handling. Apparently you didn't before posting that Icarus is fake in this thread."

If throwing two insults at some one, whose opinion you dont agree with, is 'typical' behaviour then i can only suggest you re-examine your behaviour. A good moderator seeks a peaceful resolution to potentially inflammatory comments. They dont throw out insults to inflame the situation. Had you acted in a more mature manner you could comfortably take the high moral ground you're so desperately trying to scramble to.
But you didn't, so you can't.

- no further comments on the subject from me. I grow weary of your intransigence.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
"Your failure to search before continuing posting -even after my first reply to you and the infraction I gave you- leaded this thread where it is."

The second post was made before you responded.Please dont use that as an excuse for your bad actions. I would not have made the second post had i received a warning about the first, that would just be stupid now, wouldn't it. I hope that whatever your opinion of me is now you at least realise im far from stupid.
The first time I replied to you I told you to search cause I saw your posts here and here.
That was not an excuse but the explanation of my original post. You didn't search before posting so I told you that Icarus is real and prompted you to investigate. You ignored me and posted again saying that I insulted you (after you insulted more than 3 emulator authors).
Regarding the "jerk" thing... Saying that you look like Chuck Norris does not mean that you are Chuck Norris.
(Fact: No one looks like Chuck Norris, Chuck Norris borrows your face in order to hide from his fans.) <-- That's supposed to be a joke.

The point is that instead of doing as I told you, you stopped on the "insults" and you kept having the same behavior and opinion regarding Icarus and nullDC (I know things that you don't regarding all the three Dreamcast emulators mentioned in this thread).

Insulting emulator authors is a reason to ban without second thought but I decided to give you a chance instead and try to explain (still trying actually). That was my only bad action so far and I regret it.
I'm part of the ones having "powers" in here for a reason. You are not in position to judge my actions. I don't give a cent if you find my actions "bad" or not. Others at least respect my work here and I'll be around as long as they want me to.

Your incapability to comprehend and your misinterpretation of what I write is the only reason I keep posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.