What's new

What features have yet to come in Jnes?

loepie92

I asked myself this question because I think there's nothing missing in Jnes. And this is only release 0.6, so what new features will be added in feature releases?

PS: Jnes is the best Nes emulator i have tried :) !

Clements

Stuff like Famicom Disk System support so that games like Doki Doki Panic and Super Mario Bros. 2 (J) [AKA Lost Levels] can be played would be a welcome addition.

OP
loepie92

loepie92

Wait, now I know something myself, make the save button the one that is now F5 edittable (is that a word? :) ) So that you can choose your own button, now if i want to save it i have to put my controller down and get my hand all the way down to the keyboard... ;)

Clements

Nick_kidid0 said:
there was lost levels on NES?

There sure was - it was the 'true' sequel to Super Mario Bros. for the Japan-only Famicom Disk System add-on for NES. The game was later reused for Super Mario Allstars (as 'Lost Levels') for SNES.

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
Do you happen to have the rom name because all i've seen similar to that is some hack with "Lambo Game" instead of Luigi Game etc..

Edit: Ahh ok Super Mario Bros. 2 (J) (FDS).?

It's not part of the NES set ?

smegforbrain

The only thing I want is the only thing left I've wanted from JNes for awhile now: all Koei games to work.

When Jabo can make that happen, I'll die a slightly happier man. ;)

dewhashish

make a button to speed it up

i love jnes, but it needs to be able to press a button to speed it up, all of the other emulators i use have buttons to speed up gameplay, zsnes, virtualboy advance, project64

xamenus

Blargg's new nes_ntsc filter has been a popular addition in many NES emulators recently--maybe it could be added to Jnes. I enjoy using the filter occasionally.

extrax

the netplay feature should be updated as well 'kaillera' feature like to chat while playing by pressing the "T" button like what mame does, that would be a great feature since playin online with a buddy is mostly commenting on the gameplay and stuff:)

ScheißNüssen

Swapping players?

I was wondering if anyone knows how to (or if their is one) a 'swap' feature for kaillera...

I want to play a friend of mine in Megaman 2 and I was wondering if there is a feature like that of mame 0.64k that allows you to swap other players in to play the game so that we can take turns playing a 1 player game such as megaman 2.

This feature in the mame version of kaillera is the F5 button but it did not work online when I tried it. Does anybody know how to to this ? If there is another function key that I should be pushing for this to happen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Scheisse