What's new

i upgraded

revl8er

That Damn Good
Not really much of an upgrade, but I did buy a Logitech G9x mouse (crappy mw3 edition) for $44 off newegg. Bought it because of the praise people give it, but I still prefer my Razer Deathadder. It still works alright for my laptop though as I had a cheap razer mouse on there.

Cyberman

Which reminds me one thing I dispise about a lot of GUI based software is they rely WAY too much on the mouse. For everything. Why does one need to click everything damn-it!

So my latest "upgrade" was a gelled pad so my wrist stopped hurting from the beating it was getting from certain stupid windows software. Fortunately I switched from micro soft office (another upgrade) to Libre office and it hurts a LOT less to do simple things (less click more work).

revl8er

That Damn Good
Finally got my i5 3570k with an Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 and a hyper 212 evo heatsink/fan. Also overclocked the cpu to 4.2ghz for right now, might go for 4.5, but not sure yet. I should have my gtx 670 tomorrow then I'll be set.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Installed my 670 but wasn't satisfied as I would only get 45 fps in max payne 3 at 5760x1080 at near max settings. To fix this issue I bought another 670 and installed it. Now I can pretty much play any game at highest settings except for Witcher 2.

smcd

"only" 45fps. in a very recently released game. on almost max settings. pushing 6.2 megapixels... :p

revl8er

That Damn Good
Yup only 45, xD. Once I got 60 I found the aiming to be a bit more precise as I'm hitting more headshots.

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Going to attempt to upgrade my Dv6-6135dx once again.
EDIT:
Stock display replaced with a new 1080p led panel.

LOG:
Processor upgraded from A8-3500 to A8-3530.
Ram upgraded from 6GB to 16GB and from 1333mhz to 1600mhz.
SSD installed as system drive.
1TB Toshiba HDD installed into the optical drive space (don't ask me how :D )
Ramdisk added for teh tamps :)
Fancy-cache added to save the temps to Ramdisk. :D
Install HP 665305-001 ribbon.
Install the LP156WF1(TL)(F3) (Glossy).

To Do:
Find and install a back-lit keyboard.

1080p!
My laptop has never looked better!

Last edited: