What's new

Help! Can't find anywhere

Nova224

The PJ64Cheats site is down. I want to add a cheat, but I have no cheat menu under options. All I can do is when the game loads press ctrl+c to bring up the cheats that are already there. how do i add these cheats? thanks for any help.

OP
N

Nova224

Nothing happens when I right click on a cheat. I've tried right clicking anywhere and nothing comes up. After right-clicking, it just highlights the option at the very top of the list. Is there a special install file I should have used? The game I'm playing is Super Mario 64.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
For the love of all this that are holy, don't mention rom sites by name if you don't want to get banned.

I suggest that you download the latest version of the emulator from an official source (read: www.pj64.net).

OP
N

Nova224

Done and still no luck.

System-Cheats..., brings up the list, can't right click a thing. There's only one button and that's unmark all.

Agozer

Works for me every single time. I right-click and existing cheat and a context menu pops up.

OP
N

Nova224

i mean is it possible there's still something to this that i'm missing? does it have to be in the directory with the rom? is there some kind of other program i have to download along with PJ64? it's really infuriating.

Agozer

Project64.cht is in the same directory as the main executable... that's about it.

OP
N

Nova224

i opened .cht and there are cheats on that list that are not showing up when i open my ROM. is that normal? also, i tried to edit the cheats listed in that text and nothing changed.

Torrean

Right click the name of the game when you start the program, and click edit cheats or add cheat, something like that.

OP
N

Nova224

no. when i start and i right click it just says "play game, refresh rom list, choose rom directory and rom information." could the problem be with my system? i can't modify cheats for any ROM i have. i had considered that it was just the rom but it's not, it's PJ64. no one else seems to have problems like this though.

Agozer

I really don't see how the problem could be your system, since the Cheat menu is hardcoded in the emulator and it read from the Project64.cht file.