What's new

Runs Slow

saturninus

This emulator runs the games pretty slow on my system. I have a good machine. It's a AMD 64 3200 with 1 GB RAM.

Any thoughts on speeding it up?

BlueFalcon7

:angry: :angry: :angry: ...
click here and read the bottom FAQ

here I will quote it for you...
Falcon4ever said:
Q: Whoa, Dolphin is running as fast as a pregnant snail, what am I doing wrong?
A: The Nintendo Gamecube is a very advanced platform and (todays) computers are not fast enough yet to emulate it with the techniques we use. So... you aren't doing anything wrong! Upgrading a CPU or GPU won't gain you much more performance (you will only gain 1-5 fps). IF you decide to upgrade just besure to get a 64-bit CPU and a GPU which supports (at least) 2.0 pixelshaders.
there are so many n00bs who ask this question.

Toasty

Sony battery
This question is probably responsible for about 40% of the threads in this forum, with another 40% being ISO requests. (Don't forget 90% of all statistics are made up on the spot.)

megatallica

Ive always wanted to ask this,in theory, eventually in the future, wouldnt Dolphin go normal speed, i remember 64 emus failed on my comp running just as slow, but eventually that problem went away as i got a new comp and upgraded as time passed, am i right? or am i living in nomans land :(

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
megatallica said:
Ive always wanted to ask this,in theory, eventually in the future, wouldnt Dolphin go normal speed, i remember 64 emus failed on my comp running just as slow, but eventually that problem went away as i got a new comp and upgraded as time passed, am i right? or am i living in nomans land :(
Yes, that's how it goes, since emulation speed is very dependant on the CPU speed of your computer.