What's new

DeSmuMe Compatibility List.

Low Lines

DeSmuME 0.3.6

Name: DeSmuME
Author/Programmer: NDS (Here's Their Profle Page)
First Release Date: 30 June 2006
Current Release: 0.3.6

Another build of DeSmuME!! And on the same day I finally get a Nintendo DS console of my own =] Funny how that happens....LOL

View attachment 32989

Originally Posted by NDS at GBArl.it
I have improved of the bug in the version the 0.3.3 stable of the DeSmuMe having carried it to the version 0.3.6 (improvements brings to you from version 0.3.4 obviously not are here).
Arrived to the version the 0.5.0 firm plan.

Improvements:
- Added one key in order to play with some rom
- Improved speed emulazione the emulazione (little 3 or 4 frame)
- Improved the compatibility with the rom

Sorry this was an Italian post translated in Google (stupid thing :( ). But you generally get the idea. Speed has been improved and more importantly comaptibility has been improved too, due to this new key the author NDS has added to the code. Where is Evrain :unsure: ?? We need our expert on this stuff.

Also here's the link to it
----------------------------------
DOWNLOAD HERE (Approx. 117 kb)
----------------------------------

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Thank you very much. I test it right here:

EDIT: The “Game Card could not be written. Please turn off the system.” message appears because actual in-game saving isnt emulated as there isnt any documentation on how it works according to Normmatt.

Do you think it will never emulate ? o_O

Low Lines

hmm...that issue so common it is not funny...my recommendation to developers who seek to increase compatibility (or at least get roms to boot beyond the intros) look into the save ram data, though I wish I could help out :( . I swear with the DeSmuME 0.3.4 compat list alone there were literally 200+ with that issue. Basically all the Not Playable games are down with this issue.

Anyways I wanna see which games have changed, in fact I'll try and whip up a comparing Flash program thingo so you can view 2 compat lists at the same time. I think as Diablow had orginially mentioned....It shouldn't take long, I'll keep most of the code from the main list and just adjust it into a table view (ie like excel).

WhiteX

I am thinking about merging this one, that is still short with the previous compat. reference for DeSmuMe and sticking it.

Low Lines

Rockmangames & WhiteX,
Does the Nintendo DS page suit both your tastes now ;)

Anyway, should this compat list be continued?? Considering it is done by Normmatt, an entirely different author to the 0.3.6 build.

I suppose it's up to you Rockmangames?? Since you are the main goer here...should it be DISCONTINUED??

btw i hope those who have checked out my flash compat thingo, noticed when you click on the Load button a window comes up and there is a small checkbox at the bottom. I have made it optional to view/hide DISCONTINUED compat lists which I no longer update.

WhiteX

The forum is getting messy with all the compat. lists, Rockmangames could post the games with the emulator version first, so we could use one stickied thread for each emulator on your compat. lists.

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

What do you think of Normatt's version ? Should we go with 0.3.6 version ? Because of compat increase ? I know that the speed is little bit better now than Normatt's version but the compat. increase ? How do you know that ? Heh!

Low Lines

that would be fine with iDeaS since it's source hasn't been released yet....but because there's liable to be heaps of little programming freaks out there messing with DeSmuME's source there's no gurantee there will be any order kept with release numbers....if you get what i mean....

ie (Normmatt chose to use 0.3.4 & NDS chose to use 0.3.6) it's a great idea, but there may be some issues if anything like the above happens.

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

I do not see any compat. games increase in 0.3.6 expect a speed is a little bit improvement than 0.3.4 version. -_-

If I am wrong..which games are increase in 0.3.6 that was not ocurred in 0.3.4 version ?

Low Lines

NDS (the author) was on about an option in the emu that enables this new key he's implemented, as I understand it, all games must like have a lock or something on them unless that key is brought forth.

Here's his steps in doing it....

For sure rom there is one key to insert in order to make to work them. Here the key:

1 -- To open the rom
2 -- Emulation -- Execute
3 -- Emulation -- Pauses
4 -- Emulation -- Key rom
5 -- Emulation -- Execute
6 -- Emulation -- Pauses
7 -- Emulation -- Execute

This key could not work on all the rom. The key it has been tried with the rom of pokemon.

I'm sort of busy right now, but for starters try

pokemon fushigi no dungeon - ao no kyuujotai (j)

as it is the rom he used in his example. obviously this isn't meant for convenince as it's just to show compat can be improved.

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Oh, ok! I hope whoever can emulate data such as :Game Card could not be written. Please turn off the system:

Since the most games require Game Card.

Accord to Normatt said no document can be found for Game Card to emulated so I hope it is not true but..comment welcome if you know what's going on.

Last edited:

Low Lines

DeSmuME version 0.3.6 by NDS

192 or 318 - Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon Ao no Kyuujotai (J) - Ingame - If you follow the author's method it does in fact get the rom working and with little to no errors up until you enter the dungeons, sprites are then missing, along with backgrounds, all except a forground map is visible. Also the upper screen shows your character team (like most pokemon games), no errors as far as I can see there. PROGRESS :bouncy:

Gialan

Save state...

Darn new emulator got no save state/load state support ? :huh:

Anyway i need to say: good work :naughty: !

Low Lines

Rockmangames,

I think it doesn't matter whether or not a game is to everyone's liking, we are simply seeing if the compatibility has indeed increased and to what extent.....Though I haven't found any other games yet that do nothing new, exepect those Nintendogs games, I managed to get a brief scrambled screen before it went black.

Anyway somebody call out if they find any others, you can use my list to compare XD http://llref.emutalk.net finally give it a purpose.

Extra Note on NDS's DeSmuME Build:
Also, I was reading the original thread (Google translated), and version 0.3.6 may become it's own emulator (meaning a new name as well). And hopefully there will be a little more information on the build and it's author to come later.

[EDIT]

Actually it seems the emulator author NDS was being harassed too much, or was having some troubles. He says he's no longer working on his project?? Hopefully this isn't true...

[EDIT 2]

Author NDS is releasing the sources for his build on Monday at GBArl.it, along with his final decision if he is going to continue the project at all :( Oh well....at least I guess this will allow the other programmers see how he improved compatibility (to whatever extent it actually was)....and perhaps help learn how to add keys for all the other games that still don't work.

Last edited: