What's new

DeSmuMe Compatibility List.

ninja1

hey peeps :) am back too from my looongg break :), (just sum exams to finish) but almsot summer break D:, and i saw i came just in time cus of new desmume version =)

anyways shouldnt we make a new topic about this? =X or sumthing?

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

ninja1 said:
hey peeps :) am back too from my looongg break :), (just sum exams to finish) but almsot summer break D:, and i saw i came just in time cus of new desmume version =)

anyways shouldnt we make a new topic about this? =X or sumthing?

Nah, it is still Desmume 3.3.4 full so nothing special of the sort. It will remain here until 3.3.5 or something like that.

Gialan said:
Sigh...the full DesMuME 0.3.4 can't load the savestate from first DesMuME 0.3.4 ( The version before full version 0.3.4 ).

normmatt quotes:

Some good news Im releasing a new version of DeSmuME which has the same features as my last build except the SRAM saving/loading is gone as it was causing some problems. The main new features are FAT emulation, Key Config dialog and proper X/Y/DEBUG key implementations and BANK A framebuffer emulation.

the 0.3.4 i released on my blog was using the latest cvs from the desmume team and the last 0.3.4 release was using the code from yopyop himself so somewhere along the line something must of screwed up so the next release will be made from the same sources as the last 0.3.4 release

We will wait for the next release. Remember, it will not improving the roms commercial games to be playable at all, no...not yet anyway. :)

Gialan

Oh sorry i didn't read that.
Next: Age of empires is not fully playable, i mean ingame.
When your complete a mission, it auto save and: Could not write data, please reinsert your DS card...
Age of empires is working 1% not 100%

Last edited:
OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

0469 - Point Blank (U) - Data could not be written. Turn off the power and reinsert the DS Card.

Last edited:

Low Lines

Right Rockmangames......I am almost at the point where I will start taking notes from all your hard work...I'm just doing one last update on the iDeaS Compat List...or at least until someone picks up the project and continues it......

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Low Lines said:
Right Rockmangames......I am almost at the point where I will start taking notes from all your hard work...I'm just doing one last update on the iDeaS Compat List...or at least until someone picks up the project and continues it......

SMILE!

I did test all games up to 0469 for an iDeaS Compat List in .txt just in case until someone picks up the project and continues it so if you need it. I will be gladly send the .txt up to 0469 which I already did. :p

Cyberman

Low Lines said:
I think you are just being lazy =]
Anyhow it's time you started the 'DeSmuMe compatibility' thing right?

Cyb - instigating trouble as ussual.

Low Lines

Me lazy??

I feel insulted!! lol
Yeah I probably am lazy, but for the last 6 months I seriously have had no viable opportunity to do anything at all on my project simply because I had homework and assignments going all the time. But yeah sorry for the off topicism (my words exactly) :( Though technically this is related to the compatibility list part of this thread or at least will be as soon as I get a clean XML file written up based on it. Expect an update in the iDeaS Compatibility Reference Thread, within a few days.

I spent two days literally gathering covers and info on the last 125 roms released while I have been "lazy" so to speak and I have also spent several days implementing and debugging/fixing and problems with my new search functions that really should boost any interest in my project....I am trying to make up for it now and trying and get to the point where even if I was being lazy I would still be able to update it on a regular basis...

Originally Posted by Rockmangames
I did test all games up to 0469 for an iDeaS Compat List in .txt just in case until someone picks up the project and continues it so if you need it. I will be gladly send the .txt up to 0469 which I already did.

You never cease to amaze do you Rockman :drool: ....it's no wonder why you chose that alias (aka Rockmangames). Yes I really would like that txt file you spoke about if I can get it from you if it's not too much trouble...

Sorry Cyberman......I won't try to go off topic again....:( I am a good forum individual...lol

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Thanks! I will be gladly send it to you right now. Look at your pm and give me a credit if you will ? ;)

Cheers,

Rockmangames

Gialan

Pokemon Fushugi no Dungeon - Aoi is playable. In desmume say a few bird drop letter then that's, it's wrong, you can get in game. Simply press enter ( start ).

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Gialan said:
Pokemon Fushugi no Dungeon - Aoi is playable. In desmume say a few bird drop letter then that's, it's wrong, you can get in game. Simply press enter ( start ).

You misunderstood...this guy didnt mentioned 3.3.3 and I told him to use separate version but he didnt do that so that is why you got confused and mine is 3.3.4 Full right now and yes, it is playable now. Please do understand that, ok ?

Mine in .txt is right now in 3.3.4 and you are correct about this game being playable right now. Before that was not which was in 3.3.3 version. :)

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Okay...never mind. If you really want to play the games. I suggest you to buy NDS because this emulator is still in development and they still have a life.

Last edited:

Cyberman

Low Lines said:
Me lazy??

I feel insulted!! lol
:D
Low Lines said:
Yeah I probably am lazy, but for the last 6 months I seriously have had no viable opportunity to do anything at all on my project simply because I had homework and assignments going all the time. But yeah sorry for the off topicism (my words exactly) :( Though technically this is related to the compatibility list part of this thread or at least will be as soon as I get a clean XML file written up based on it. Expect an update in the iDeaS Compatibility Reference Thread, within a few days.
I did put a smiley next too it. Mostly I was teasing you hehehe
Low Lines said:
I spent two days literally gathering covers and info on the last 125 roms released while I have been "lazy" so to speak and I have also spent several days implementing and debugging/fixing and problems with my new search functions that really should boost any interest in my project....I am trying to make up for it now and trying and get to the point where even if I was being lazy I would still be able to update it on a regular basis...
LOL holly smokes hehehe anyhow I think the nice thing about your collection of covers #'s and game information is you can organize it a bit then use Rockmangames 'information' to update your data. Have you set up a nice little data base to create data bases for game compatibility? I think it's almost a batch process really once you get the 'does it work or not' information.
Low Lines said:
You never cease to amaze do you Rockman :drool: ....it's no wonder why you chose that alias (aka Rockmangames). Yes I really would like that txt file you spoke about if I can get it from you if it's not too much trouble...
I'm never sure if that's drooling or.. something weirder... :D
Low Lines said:
Sorry Cyberman......I won't try to go off topic again....:( I am a good forum individual...lol
You are far from being banned. You have demonstrated remarkable composure under my teasing stress and we just happened to run out of Rocks errr Rockmen to throw ;) LOL

However on the subject of compatibility DS wise. After Rockmangames extensive testing. Is it possible to better catagorize compatibility issues? For example touch screen input doesn't work touch screen graphics doesn't work 3d graphics do not work 2d graphics do not work. intro works crashes on menu. etc. This data might be useful for the emulator developer to find specific areas of incompatibility. Typing of errors in games etc. might also help people understand 'what' the problem is etc.

Some feed back here if I have fallen off the deep end. Also welcome the new mod for this forum WhiteX. :D

Cyb

Low Lines

(Firstly this is no doubt off topic...so SORRY!! lol) :doh:

Cyberman Rockmangames is not a toy....He is a very respectable member of this forum and should not be thrown around....;)

I am fully aware of when or not there is any tension upon my actions and my friendly Moderator...lol I have found though that words are simply in-adequet to voice my message sufficiently in a way that gets a laugh and shows my true opinion on the matter.....Though Cyberman is capable of this, which I find a great talent as I have to use LOTS of emoticons on MSN just so I don't confuse my friends. :(
I will take what you said about my project as a compliment so thanks Cyb!!:bouncy: Yeah I think what you said about the whole batch thing is like what I am doing....Is the term robotic/automatic perhaps the right word/s for it?? Well anyway....it's just time consuming, adding information into the XML databases....mostly just PLAYABILITY 1-5 and STATUS NOTES this and that, but it only gets annoying when you have 500+ games tested by those wonderful people like Rockmangames (as I am sure he is not the only one who contributes even though he seems on top of it) as I think 500+ games would now take several hours (I'll time myself this time just to get an idea) and the only real effort is when a new game comes out....atm I am using SERIAL, GAME NAME, ROM SIZE, and a game cover formated as a thumbnail 150x135, and a 450x405 large size cover when I can get them....I have only uploaded the thumbnail images as I only have 56k connection....and none of them will work until I upload the new updated flash file with SEARCH FUNCTIONS!!! lol

I also got ALL release information on roms released (based on PocketHeaven) in a Word Doc as a quick reference instead of using the site as it tends to hold all the information I need....I know I have been advised to use rom release info such as CRC32 and that...but my compat list is based on games rather than rom releases (as such where there are 2 rom releases of Super Mario 64 DS (U) my list only shows 1) which causes some obvious problems....;)

Oh and cyb don't worry....the drooling is out of admiration nothing ILLEGAL as such...LOL :blink:

Hmm...I wonder when did I say I thought I was banned....I mean I got growled just today at NGEmu because I posted a quick note about NeeDS being released in their iDeaS 1.0.0.8c Screenshot Thread!! lol ;) I mean sure a little out of place...But some people there were seriously saying things like "We're gonna be doomed if iDeaS dies!!" so I thought the knowledge of a new emulator that's faster than DeSmuME would cheer them up!!:D silly people lol But apparently there had already been a post about it in the "Release Thread" or something so I got growled....:cry: but I didn't get banned for it......At least some of the stuff I rant on about here is remotely relevant to the Threads....or at least I try to make it like that.

Yeah....my compat notes are a bit crappy I know....I'm just being lazy I guess....Hmm perhaps I should follow Rockmangames's testing notes a bit more!! =]

I really should be posting this sort of stuff in my own Thread.....but I guess when I get going....I can't help it!! lol :evil:

Hmm I am really gonna need to start making some documentation on how I do everything.....Plus maybe a tutorial on how to navigate in my compat list too (though most of it is pretty self explanatary really).

Low Lines
slow, careful & precise (and very innocent :saint: ) lol

:satisfied PS: Sorry about the long reply....I like to clarify things in detail cos people always manage to see something I didn't see and get paranoid :w00t:

You are right Cyberman....Though if you don't advise me to get back on topic by now....I WOULD be worried!! LOL :satisfied

Oh and can I ask how WhiteX became a moderator?? I am not interested....just curious on how/what gained him such a position....

Last edited:

WhiteX

Man, that keep coming up, i did not begged nor asked to be a moderator, i am as valuable as any member of this community and i joined the moderating team to help with anything that i can.

I don´t like this sort of question because i take it as a question to my capacity to moderate on Emutalk and a doubt to my value as a helpful member.

Last edited:

Low Lines

Well don't take it like that from me....I am just curious how things work around here....And the fact you became a moderator aroused my curiosity to ask about it....In general =]