What's new

Editing Mario64's text

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
There's a new tool out (well dunno if its new or not to be honest) but its a lot of fun and it lets you edit text of the mario 64 rom: find info about it here: http://board.acmlm.org/thread.php?id=4310

I've been editing text, i've edited quite a bit of dialog - trying to make it funnier heh, plan to edit the entire game with my own special brand of humor :p

Needless to say, this is hilarious.

eternalcold

Go for it, i would play it again for that reason.... do some texture editing as well like for the bomb-omb king... make his texture have like a skirt or something to make it funny.... OH AND MAKE MARIO LOOK LIKE NEO! YEAAH MAKE HIS STUFF BLACK AND HIS EYE TEXTURES BLACK FOR GLASSES! well these are just suggestions... I cannot wait until there is a model importer...*sigh* (looks off into distance)

smcd

eternalcold said:
Go for it, i would play it again for that reason.... do some texture editing as well like for the bomb-omb king... make his texture have like a skirt or something to make it funny.... OH AND MAKE MARIO LOOK LIKE NEO! YEAAH MAKE HIS STUFF BLACK AND HIS EYE TEXTURES BLACK FOR GLASSES! well these are just suggestions... I cannot wait until there is a model importer...*sigh* (looks off into distance)

YES!!!! the matrix is t3h aw3s0m3!!! =-\ besides model importing is highly unlikely

The_Z

"The_A"
Wow, awesome! I've tried editing text for Zelda by myself, with a hex editor.

Last edited: