Dolphin Works Great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sercio

Sercio

@ Mouser x

If nobody accept that... then ban me!
I will not post with so stupit members they cant believe anythink!

Last edited:

TerraPhantm

From what I understand, Dolphin is CPU limited, and with my processor which has the same core as yours and is OC'd much farther, I get the same framerate as everyone else. Even when I had a 7800GTX (which is on RMA now) my framerate is the same as with my X800Pro, so even though you have a very good system, you shouldn't get exponentially higher framerates.

WhiteX

As for your heaven comment, it implies to me that you catagorize me into the very group that doesn't read the rules. While that might not be your intention, I'm sorry that you feel that way. It was not my intent to sound like an idiot. It IS my intent to fully understand in what way this guy has done something that is a bannable offense. I don't see it. Apparently, you do, and I don't understand how you do. I'd like an explanation for that. I have been trying to provide an explanation as to why this IS NOT a bannable offense. So, what you're saying is if someone "doorbell ditches" they should be sent to jail? I realize my analogies suck, but hopefully it at least in part illustrates what I'm trying to say. They didn't do anything wrong, or damaging to anyone, or anything, in anyway.

I hope people can be more reasonable. I hope that people can understand what I'm trying to say, and what my point of view is. If they don't, I'm sorry. I also hope that people can explain how this is a bannable offense. To me, permanently banning someone is the equivelent of sending them to prison, or like unto it. I don't see how this situation fits into that scenario. If it does, please expain. If my view on that is mistaken, please explain your view on banning, and why it's necessary in this situation.

If I have offended anyone, gotten people mad at me, upset anyone, I'm sorry. I'm doing the best that I can to make sure that someone is not unjustly dealt with. If it's wrong to do so, then please explain that to me. I in no way mean this to be a "confrontational" or "flame-bait" post. I'm just trying to help people be more reasonable. Hopefully at the very least that can be understood from my message. Mouser X out.

The problem, for me, is the decrease of the community trust on the scene, i mean Emutalk is a very respected community and if a fake likje that is to come out at large bad things may happen to us.

Imagine a scenario when some kid with money reads this thread and we all fell for the fake, he is to think that if he buys the same comp as Sercio, he will be able to emulate NGC through Dolphin perfectly, full speed.

But it is a fake, the thread cos him money and he will start to nag the coders because of that, he will start to nag us here because of that...he bought the computer that Emutalk said that will run Doplhin but it did not!

The coders may ask EMTK admins to take out Dolphin section, even m,ay cripple the emulator because of noob nagging, DS emu coders are considering that as we speak.

The emulation community, as a whole, only loses when ppl try to grab attention faking progress.
For me, potentially costing ppl money, endanger the natural flow of an emulator and wasting ppl´s time is worth of a ban.

n-phreak

Nintendo Phreak
Ok i am very, very , very confused.
are the videos fake?
are all the screeshots fake?

if they are, i am going to cry.

Xtrash

Real Noob
I think it is fake
I had a 2.4 northwood Ti4200 512MB ram and ran the ZeldaWW like very slow
And now I have Manchester 3800+(2 X 2.0Ghz) 2 GIG RAM Geforce 7800GTX. I thought the fps is going to be at least 2 or 3 increased but there was REALLY NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGE!!!. I think even with FX-60 the game will still be SlOW. In other words, it is UNPLAYABLE
Yeah FX-60 will be much better than X2 3800+ but not in Dolphin.
And your CPU 4800+? Dolphin only uses 1 CPU if u check CPU usage with Ctrl + Alt + DEL
you can see second core is doin nothing.

Your CPU is not even o/c'd and your GPU is still 7800GT SLI.
I can't find any advantages of u r system that can run the games TAHT fast.
What's your 3dmark06/05 scores anyway?
I would probably trust u if u r graphics card was like 7900GTX Quad SLI.

Last edited:

TerraPhantm

Even if he had quad SLI, dolphin would run the same speed, because dolphin's limiting factor is the CPU, not GPU. Not to mention that no system today is fast enough to feed those 4 graphics card information. (XPS renegade is pure marketing).

Just for the sake of arguement, one of these days I'll try running dolphin on my friend's system which has an Opteron 170 at 2.8GHz and X1900s in crossfire.

Last edited:

slush

Banned
TerraPhantm said:
Even if he had quad SLI, dolphin would run the same speed, because dolphin's limiting factor is the CPU, not GPU. Not to mention that no system today is fast enough to feed those 4 graphics card information. (XPS renegade is pure marketing).

Just for the sake of arguement, one of these days I'll try running dolphin on my friend's system which has an Opteron 170 at 2.8GHz and X1900s in crossfire.

The Dolphin emu gotta have a pretty bad core if it can't distrubute a "normal" framerate for some graphics that existed in 1998. No but seriously i've lurked here for a couple of years and the progress was allways slow.

You could probably build something good after 3years if you actually spend time doing it. Just look at dolphin, 2D sprite games having 3fps. Something is seriously wrong with the coding if you can't even get a 2D game for gamecube to run with 4GHz and SLI. And you "guys" (not TerraPhantm in person) keep whining "but it has another cpu, blah blah blah.. it has other hardware blah blah blah".

But yeah i have to say before you start asking me "Can you code?" "Stop complaining when you can't do anything better yourself!" Seriously dudes, like i said before, if you can't get sprite games to work in your emu, you probably should quit like you already did (Dolphin-Emu team), because if you can't get lower graphics to work under high end computers today. You pretty much suck at coding.

Yes, if i could code something super awesome at that with some neato core and some stuff i wouldn't be sitting here and whine, but i can't, So im gonna whine.
Jews​

Clements

Sprite-based games aren't blazingly fast in Chankast or PCSX2 either, and the Gamecube is overall more powerful than both the consoles they emulate. It doesn't take a genius to understand that emulating a complex system is never easy, no matter what is being displayed on the screen.

Dolphin is closed source so no one can comment on the quality of the code. Saying that Dolphin is 'bad code' is more a declaration of ignorance than anything else. Your derogatory comments have earned you a ban.

Last edited:
OP
Sercio

Sercio

slush said:
The Dolphin emu gotta have a pretty bad core if it can't distrubute a "normal" framerate for some graphics that existed in 1998. No but seriously i've lurked here for a couple of years and the progress was allways slow.

You could probably build something good after 3years if you actually spend time doing it. Just look at dolphin, 2D sprite games having 3fps. Something is seriously wrong with the coding if you can't even get a 2D game for gamecube to run with 4GHz and SLI. And you "guys" (not TerraPhantm in person) keep whining "but it has another cpu, blah blah blah.. it has other hardware blah blah blah".

But yeah i have to say before you start asking me "Can you code?" "Stop complaining when you can't do anything better yourself!" Seriously dudes, like i said before, if you can't get sprite games to work in your emu, you probably should quit like you already did (Dolphin-Emu team), because if you can't get lower graphics to work under high end computers today. You pretty much suck at coding.

Yes, if i could code something super awesome at that with some neato core and some stuff i wouldn't be sitting here and whine, but i can't, So im gonna whine.
Jews​

I cannot state dolphin is bad!
Compares sometimes other emulates with dolphin!
Project 64 needs a 1,5Ghz and 256Mb Ram to play clearly!!
The Original Nintendo 64 has only ~150 Mhz and 4 Mb Ram...
The Gamecube has ~490 Mhz and 40Mb !!!
See!
Dolphin needs normally hardware which is only much higher in the requirement!
If somebody can not play games at Dolphin Then he should buy to himself a Gamecube!

pie

Banned
Clements said:
Sprite-based games aren't blazingly fast in Chankast or PCSX2 either, and the Gamecube is overall more powerful than both the consoles they emulate. It doesn't take a genius to understand that emulating a complex system is never easy, no matter what is being displayed on the screen.

Dolphin is closed source so no one can comment on the quality of the code. Saying that Dolphin is 'bad code' is more a declaration of ignorance than anything else. Your derogatory comments have earned you a ban.

Yes i know, i'm "banevading" but thats only because i think your banreason is silly, you must've been in this community for a long time and you haven't learned not to take offense from what other people tell you, just like kindergarten.

Anyways my definition of bad code is 2fps on high-end computers, If you think thats some hardcore coding that is superior to everything, Thats fine for me, i'm still gonna call it bad code because that's what it is. If you guys would've released it opensource maybe i would've said something else, but you're not. Why not? I don't know, maybe you just want to keep those 2fps coding for yourself, you might learn something after a few years, Let other people edit your code? No No No! lets not do that, they would just ruin it and put their name on stuff we did!

Thats somewhat what you probably think, atleast i think that you think so (How strange). Anyways what i really want to know is what was your goal with Dolphin? (I said was because you've only released 1 update in soon 1.5 year, that kinda says dropped in my ears)

Was it to have it closed source, make it 2fps and then just quit because YOU think it's not possible to make it any better with the current high end computers? Graphics is Graphics, it's just some raw data, its your choice what to do with it, You guys seem to want to dump 45 of the same textures into the dump and then play it up with 2fps. Ok ok, i shouldn't really be talking about this kind of stuff since i probably have NO idea what you guys are able to do. But since you're "final" product is rather, "laggy?" i have nothing other to say.

Before you actually started reading this you probably already said "damn thats a fucking retard, i'll ban him again for banevading" yeah, im pretty fucked up, i just wanted to explain to you what i meant, and it's pretty hard to do that without banevading so i did.

If you now deside to ban me again, thats fine, i won't put on 2000proxys and then spam the forum or anything, (yes im being serious here, im not trying ot threat you or anything) so yeah, fine with me.

Thats all i think, i kinda fucked up earlier writing this thing and then when i posted i kinda switched proxy so i got autologged out and that was silly, so i had to write it fast this time and probably left some crap out but yeah.
Anyways if you want to contact me about random crap or something after you ban me or just want to flame me: slush [squirly-a] pirog [dot] se
Jews​

pie

Banned
Sercio said:
I cannot state dolphin is bad!
Compares sometimes other emulates with dolphin!
Project 64 needs a 1,5Ghz and 256Mb Ram to play clearly!!
The Original Nintendo 64 has only ~150 Mhz and 4 Mb Ram...
The Gamecube has ~490 Mhz and 40Mb !!!
See!
Dolphin needs normally hardware which is only much higher in the requirement!
If somebody can not play games at Dolphin Then he should buy to himself a Gamecube!

Lets use your math, the gamecube stuff adds up to "high-end" computers of today, You should also learn better english, what are you? like german or something. I'm swedish and i know better grammar then you, are you like 12 or somethign with your daddys computer? or are you like 18 with sucky grammar, you should've gone to school more, but lets stop talking about that.

It still adds up to what high-end computers got today, but yeah gamecube and the n64 cpu's and what it can be are diffrent, but yeah, you're still suppose to be able to have atleast something better then 3fps, Atleast to 2D Sprite-games that can be played with some GBA emu on 800MHz.

Edit:
Oh yeah i forgot, i own a gamecube, i'm just bored, wanted to try out my games on the pc and see how far the "emu-evolution" had gone. I wasn't impressed.
Jews​

Last edited:

Lightbringer_x

pie said:
[...]what are you? like german or something.
Should be "where are you from" or are you a damn racist?
And yeah, i'm german, too. Wanna attack me 2, because i'm just german??? We're all humans and you're not better than him or than me.

:nuke: (!)

pie

Banned
Lightbringer_x said:
And yeah, i'm german, too. Wanna attack me 2, because i'm just german??? We're all humans and you're not better than him or than me.

I saw some of his images that was either german or some other language, i was just "assuming" that he was german, and that his grammar was bad.

Jews

Last edited:

Clements

pie said:
Yes i know, i'm "banevading" but thats only because i think your banreason is silly, you must've been in this community for a long time and you haven't learned not to take offense from what other people tell you, just like kindergarten.

Slating developers hard work in your first post in the forum when you have no coding experience gives you no credibility. I banned you for showing no respect, and it was very much a deserving ban in my view.

You look to be just a kiddie who only cares about framerate and not technical achievement. We get people like you who don't understand emulation register everyday, but usually they don't insult developers in the process.

You think that high framerates are possible with existing hardware?

1. Graphics power means almost nothing in emulation.
2. Dolphin already uses dynamic recompilation to boost speed.
3. Dolphin to my knowledge is completely LLE.
4. Multicore CPUs are not taken advantage of. Even PCSX2 with a larger developer team have only just added support for it and the yields are poor.
5. Dreamcast emulation brings almost all systems to their knees. Chankast is highly optimised next-gen emulator.
6. The Dolphin team do not have the complete documentation of the hardware.
7. The Dolphin team are doing this for FREE in their own time as a proof of concept that compatible GC emulation is possible on x86 systems, not to please slush/pie or freeloaders. The Dolphin Team cannot devote a lot of time to Dolphin as they would like.
8. Even if only sprites are displayed, it makes little difference to the requirements, since the core of the system still needs to be emulated, which means it'll be slow regardless.

The Dolphin Team could have just withheld the emulator since it doesn't meet your ridiculous standards, but instead decided to share their work. You are not even a developer so you are making a big fool of yourself.

Good day.

Last edited:
OP
Sercio

Sercio

Lightbringer_x said:

Lol...
I live in Germany, however, am German nobody! I was born in Germany and also speak perfectly in German! Indeed, mine is not better in English than here in forum because I to me really strives itself gives around silly ones ask to answer!

Knuckles

Ok, this thread has gone WAY TOO FAR off-topic , lots of hate and crap in there I can't be arsed to read. I will now close this thread to avoid any more drama.

people.. get a life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.