What's new

PCSX2 - Misc News

CKemu

Category: <b>Playstation 2</b><br><br>Various miscellaneous pieces of new posted by myself on PCSX2.net, here is a direct quote:

PCSX2 Beta v0.9 is going to be on display at FAST-NU Lahore, Pakistan by Saqib Akhtar (One of the main developers) on the 24th and 25th of March, 2006.

PSEmu.pl run by the respected and fine admin winter_mute, will be providing the official Polish language forums for the PCSX2 project!

Some of you may of been expecting a release the end of last month, this was the original intention of the team, but recent changes caused compat issues and needed further indepth testing. The aim is to get a release out soon, but how soon depends on various major changes!

Some of these changes if fixed and tested to be 'stable' will provide a good deal of ....well dare I say it... speed!

As a bonus check out some shots from Final Fantasy X (the ever popular game!) over here, showing the game running at 20-51 FPS!!!

» Visit the official site here

Clements

He has:

Opteron 146 @ 2.8Ghz, Radeon X800 GT 256MB, Dual Channel 1GB Geil Ultra Platinum PC4400.

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Clements said:
He has:

Opteron 146 @ 2.8Ghz, Radeon X800 GT 256MB, Dual Channel 1GB Geil Ultra Platinum PC4400.

Woops!! And then why does Zilmar ask if PJ64 is slow in lowendPCs??:p

Just kidding, I know they will eventually optimize the code. Very great piece of news that 51fps reached!!!

winter_mute

Galactic FREAK
CKemu said:
[...]PSEmu.pl run by the respected and fine admin winter_mute[...]
I would say engrish speaking, annoying and nuisance admin :D but respected and fine is also fine :)

Back to the topic... FFX runing @ 20-50 fps -> that's amazing.
Keep up the great work

cheers :party:

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
WhiteX said:
So the average joe must not wait that much FPS after all.

hey well CK was managing an average of 20fps or so which is still reasonably playable, so the average joe isnt far off ;)

plus thats what we call our "Fast corner" cos its quicker than everywhere else. My average was more 30fps :)

and my specs on here too look \/ :p