What's new

Post any Questions or Problems with iDeaS here!!

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Mariokart is a damn cool game, when played online. And I still suck at it, no matter what.
Yes, locking games directly via the emulator would be a good idea: I do want this project to be the top ranked among DS emulators, but at the same time I certainly don't want people to use it just to plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay games for free. That's damn unnerving, and I've got way more important things to worry about (mainly because in real-life Trauma Center there isn't a save/load option, if you know what I mean) than letters from Nintendo.
Evrain

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Evrain, why are you so obsessed about people trying play commercial games on ideas? if you dont want people to play commercial nds games on your emulator why bother releasing it? i think you are a real kiljoy, do you see the creators of DSmume or project 64 acting like babies? complaining on forums all the time about people plaing copied games on emulators? no. because they like many other emulator creators, actually trust that 90% or so of the people who use the emulator are just either playing games they once owned and are trying to relive some classic games or, people like myself who are facinated by emulation and who do own the games/consoles but just like to see the work of geniuses who can emulate such complicated hardware on a pc. true there are a lot of people who just use emulators for piracy but, why should people like me, or thousands others have to suffer because of the minority of people who use emulators for the wrong reasons? does anyone agree with me?

spotanjo3

zion, stop it. you have no right. I wont agreed with you. Have a respect to him and his team, thats it.

OP
L

Low Lines

There should be no argument here, because Evrain (and any other Emulator Related People) have every right to decide upon and refuse to do as requested. Think of it like this, for one they are risking the chance of being sued for pursuing copyrighted software, which I'm sure many have seen happen to those PSX emulators a way back. Plus they are not only spending their spare time to develop the programs, but also money is coming out of their pockets just so some noob can come along and whine to them because their programs don't play Mario Kart DS or Super Mario 64 DS. It's just not fair on them that even with all the stuff they have to put up with as it is that they also have to withstand the jabbering that people with no understanding of what happens behind the curtains of emulation.

If Evrain (in your words) "acts like a baby" it might be because he's being pestered again. I would honestly go mental if I opened my inbox (or jumped onto a forum) and found 101 replies telling me my work is crap and I should do this and do that. Wouldn't you?

What I would suggest, is that you (zion) try being responsible for something with high demand, this does not even have to have anything to do with emulation or computers at that matter. The point is the common nature of people can be quite irritating especially if they are not pleased with something.

For instance, I was at the shops today and I joined the line at the counter to pay for my stationary. It just so happened to be about the time when most people were shopping and the lines were almost going into the isles they were that long. And some poor soul had the job to work at the counter, scanning things in, acting friendly to the customers and working with the register. Now I was in no rush and I am very good at being patient (normally). But the people around me were heated up (and the shop was air-conditioned), you could hear them mutter mean things under their breath and they continually stare at the clock and then give the counter person a mean look.
Could you imagine the kind of stress that person would have? (I'll also point out I've haven't done any part-time yet cos I haven't the need to)
Why even my friends tell me they get these people who have no right in their part to mouth off and whine to them because one slight hair is out of place or something is not to their expectations.

Now you could argue this has nothing to do with Evrain or computers at all, but I think it is a very clear example of what it would be like in his shoes. I mean obviously you would not have people shouting in your face in person, but there would always be those irritating people who just don't know when to butt out.

Oh and another thing...I doubt a handful of people (though I could be wrong) who know about emulation could even program for themselves, so how do they know what to think when an author gets mad/annoyed by their noobing?? If people didn't take things so much for granted, I bet people would be a little nicer...

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
"rockmangames" who are you to say i have no right?? it's a free country isn't it? i thought that was the whole point of emutalk, so people can voice there opinions? i do have respect for evrain and especially lino but, as i said above i just dont like evrains attitude.

spotanjo3

zion, do not take me wrong. I liked you and I am sure you are nice person and yeah, it is a free country but if they do not want to do this then you should not say anything to him and his team because they make their decision and they will release this emulator to be fully playable in the future but I guess they are doing it for a purpose of development interesting and they are not doing it to play commercial roms for free.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
ok i know what your saying. i idn't want to cause any trouble, it was just evrains negative attitude that annoyed me. sorry for calling you a moron. i dont want to fall out with you because you've
helped me out a lot in the past.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Okay, something here isn't clear enough. I began being interested in emulation when some random friend gave me a diskette with an unknown GBC emulator for Pokémon. I later learned to modify it to make other dumps run in its place and from that on, it all went downhill to Nemu64, Project64 (with Evangelion64, and my first ban at smiff's hands).
Whenever I decide to use part of my free time to boot up my system and suft the Net, I prefer doing something active, which leads me to learning new stuff, and that's why I got involved in a number of things, which include programming and emulation itself.
Now, this said, I am no less noob or lamer than anyone else: I own ROMs without their physical counterpart (but I did buy a Nintendo DS and my fav cartridges), I use Chankast and PCSX2 to get some good shmup action -Ikaruga, Border Down, Ibara, bloody Mushihime-sama and other random stuff I can't recall now- and so on. But a lesson I learned is to know the real boundaries of this hobby before complaining: I am also a patient and kind person, but when someone insults me with a "I never owned a console, NEVER, I crack games and play for free, now shuddup and emulate that fscking MariokartDS... well, as LL and Rockman said, even someone like me gets pissed off.

I am not accusing anyone, but it seems to me that someone has misunderstood iDeaS' aim, which is full DS emulation as of NDSlib specs. Commercial games are a pleasant "side effect", but as R. Belmont -one of MAME's main coders- said once, "I'd rip the entire Neogeo driver out [of MAME]. Do not try to impose your tastes on us and we'll return the favor". In other words, what we (I) despise is the childish behavior of said noobs, who can only whine about a way to play for free.

That said, I'll add (although I shouldn't) some WIP news: transparencies are now beginning to get correctly shown on iDeaS, that means improved Phoenix Wright, improved Castlevania (I wasn't really keen on seeing a Golem teleporting in front of me...), improved Trauma Center and random stuff I can't recall right now. I also intend to contact YopYop, and see if the DesMuMe project can still somehow be kept alive, either by offering him host outside the (stupid IMHO) french DRM law or by fusing its result within iDeaS core. And the results would be quite... interesting.
Finally, we are putting up some skeleton driver for savegames.
Evrain

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Sorry

Evrain i would just like to say sorry about my comments earlier. i took your posts the wrong way. i understand that it must be fustrating to get people nagging you all the time on forums aking "when will we be able to play mario kart etc.." i appreciate all your hard work and was intriuged by your comments on dsmume and ideas merging together. but i have a question for you : did you mean by your last post that yopyop isnt going to work on desmume anymore?

spotanjo3

zion said:
ok i know what your saying. i idn't want to cause any trouble, it was just evrains negative attitude that annoyed me. sorry for calling you a moron. i dont want to fall out with you because you've
helped me out a lot in the past.

No worries. :D

spotanjo3

ninja1 said:
zion check my post sumwhere below here :( /cry

i hope desmume's code can help ideas out a bit

Dont cry too soon. Evrain will see what he can do to keep desmume alive. Keep your hope steady and stay low for now. ;)

ninja1

i always stay low :)< and only way(s) desmume cpuld survive if

1. the code got implemented in dualis/ideas (if even possible)
2. Yopyop migrated to another country which i wont see happen

so whut ya on about rock?

edit, already found it
I also intend to contact YopYop, and see if the DesMuMe project can still somehow be kept alive, either by offering him host outside the (stupid IMHO) french DRM law or by fusing its result within iDeaS core. And the results would be quite... interesting.
Finally, we are putting up some skeleton driver for savegames

spotanjo3

I think it is best if you let Evrain do it because we do not want to give YopYop more stress than we can do, ok ? :)

spotanjo3

Evrain,

I also intend to contact YopYop, and see if the DesMuMe project can still somehow be kept alive, either by offering him host outside the (stupid IMHO) french DRM law or by fusing its result within iDeaS core.

Sound really a good idea. We will wait and see what you can do. I wish you and YopYop the best of luck! :)

evergoo

Hey Guys,

I've tried various games on iDeaS and there is no audio. I am using version 1.0.0.8c and the "aud.dll" file is in the plugin folder. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

spotanjo3

Nothing is wrong with that. It is too early version. Please do not complaint about it ok ? Thanks! :)

Last edited:

evergoo

Thanks for the info. It definitely ends my frustration. I kinda assumed this after some trials. I guess I'll wait until development progresses.

esedcey

sorry for disturbing, guys. but i need immediate help. i have a few versions of ideas. 1.0.0.6, 1.0.0.7 and 1.0.0.8c. only 1.0.0.6 works on my computer. others don't. why could it be?

if there is a topic or something else about it just tell me, so i will look at it.
i looked for it,before i post this message, but i couldn't see if there isn't, i need help as i've just said before.