What's new

Bios

Binary

I am not sure if the nSX2 requires a Bios, but for the PCXS2 you must have a Bios.
But can anyone help me download my bios from my ps2 console?
I would appreciate it if anyone can help me out to make either nSX2 or PCXS2 work.

(when i plug in the USB adapter to both ends, i have no clue where to go from there to see the files on the ps2 console. some one help! :down: )

Last edited:

flowrent

Don't bother with nSX2,go to Pcsx2 directly .
As for the bios ,it's called scph 39001 .
You'll manage to find it won't you?

Blacklord

Banned
actually u might wanna go for scph 1100 or 1000 or 3000 since they are easier to find. I have every single 1100 scph bios but my pc can't emulate ps2 at a fair speed so i'm screwed:p

spotanjo3

well, PCSX2 said goes with a newer bios..39001 is your best bet to use, older is useless they said.

OP
B

Binary

Well I figured out that I didnt have a method load up ps2 files and have to use mod-chip $$$ or exploit the ps2 to get the bios. Which I will have to do sometime later and I have a version-9 50004. The better the CPU the better it will run Right?

flowrent

Yup .Buy a 10 Ghz cpu and it will work just fine :D
Now really ,you do know games run at 5 or smth fps ,dont you ?
I hope you dont really expect to PLAY on the emulator..
Give it 2-3 years to improve .

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Binary said:
Well I figured out that I didnt have a method load up ps2 files and have to use mod-chip $$$ or exploit the ps2 to get the bios. Which I will have to do sometime later and I have a version-9 50004. The better the CPU the better it will run Right?

dont need a mod chip, just Swap Magic which is about $20-30 ;) no modification needed and it works perfectly

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Well the ps2 reads the first few sectors of a disk when its first put in to make sure its genuine and not a copy, it then remembers this till you press the eject button. This cant be replicated on ANY burner, it has to be done in a pressing plant.

so swap magic loads a menu up allowing you to play a game using ntsc/pal and stops the disc spinning, this way you can use little tricks (the slide tool, magic button or flip lid) to remove the swap magic disc and put in a copy without it forgetting the for few sectors, thus it thinking your copy is an original :)

Last edited: