What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
i was talking to zilmar the other day, and he said that he is looking into networking,.. thats all i can say towards the matter at this time without getting a smack round the head.. i don't wanna get hopes up.

ggantt

horrible innitialization bug with PSX Controller

Already is compatible. All joypads that work with PC works with the plugin.

Actually, there's a bug, where the 3rd axis (generated by the touch sensitive buttons)
goes from one extremity to the other, during the initialization process, which causes the plugin to register axis3+ as a keystroke, when asked to press a desired key.
the only way arround it, is to tweek w/ the control panel for the mayflash adapter,press both touch sensitive buttons half-way, to zero out the access, then configure all the other keys, then chance the mapped touch-sensitive buttons, to map the last 2 keys.

a plugin designed for dual-shock would be fabulous.

carbon900

Multiple controller settings for each player

...because sometimes when all my USB slots are in use and i cant use my controller, it would be nice to use the keyboard and not switch all the buttons to the keys, then back to the controller when i can use it again

just a though!

EDIT: lol nvm i just found out what the Load/Save Profile was for! blaaa

Last edited:

Iconoclast

Alright, I think I've finally got something good. I think that, everytime you enable the speed limiter, it automatically syncs game to audio in Jabo's DirectSound, and everytime you disable the speed limiter, it automatically turns it off. This way, you don't have to disable the option to sync the game to the audio in the audio plugin configuration and THEN disable the speed limiter for it to take effect.

I am aware that, if this suggestion were applied, this could cause problems for games like TWINE 007. The moment you press that F4 key, you've just hanged the emulator, or at least until you press it again. That's why, I think Jabo's DirectSound should have an INI configuration file, telling the plugin which games are safe to do this sort of thing and which aren't. It would be easier to just configure only the games that aren't just to tell the plugin which games not to allow audio-synching, imo.

Doesn't accomplish much, but hey, saves a few seconds of the user's time.

D.Farougia

I think that, everytime you enable the speed limiter, it automatically syncs game to audio in Jabo's DirectSound, and everytime you disable the speed limiter, it automatically turns it off.

I doubt... Are you sure?
If so, enable speed limiter with any turok game should freeze the game

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Actually, there's a bug, where the 3rd axis (generated by the touch sensitive buttons)
goes from one extremity to the other, during the initialization process, which causes the plugin to register axis3+ as a keystroke, when asked to press a desired key.
the only way arround it, is to tweek w/ the control panel for the mayflash adapter,press both touch sensitive buttons half-way, to zero out the access, then configure all the other keys, then chance the mapped touch-sensitive buttons, to map the last 2 keys.

a plugin designed for dual-shock would be fabulous.

That doesn't mean it doesn't work - because it does. But it doesn't work flawlessly, which I didn't claim.

SeymourOmnis

BETTER WIDESCREEN SUPPORT!!!

All my games look pretty streched at 1440x900 except majora's mask and jet force gemini. Also, better handling at framebuffer emulation with newer nvidia cards (such as link turning in a white block in the menu with jabo's d3d8).

Iconoclast

I doubt... Are you sure?
If so, enable speed limiter with any turok game should freeze the game
Not if the INI configuration tells it not to enable the Sync Game to Audio option at the same time when the speed limiter is enabled. That's why I suggested an INI configuration.

is project64 netplay goin to be like ZSNESW?

i hope there no lag on it ping from different countries netplay. like project64k hate that one dont work.

Last edited:

Vinilipe

Brazillian EmuTalk Member
A frame skip opition.
Like in 1964 (but better please <:p) where you can skip some frames so in situations when the fps drops you won't notice that much.
Pete's PSX plugin has this feature and it works very well, you almost can't notice when frames are being skipped.

Iconoclast

Frame skipping is a feature that is a part of the graphics plugin, not the emulator. 1964 doesn't have this option, but its default graphics plugin, Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0, does. If you used that on Project64, you'd have a frame skip option there, too. It's just the plugin.

Am I wrong, though? Can you have a frame skip feature built into the emulator?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I suppose it's possible, but from a design perspective, perhaps it might be better to do it in the graphics plugin. Frame skip works by dropping the number of frames to render (and the graphics data is handled by the graphics plugin, while the core processes the opcodes, which cannot be skipped).

Penguins

Ideas:

Rom Overdump Fix
Buttons like Mupen64 or 1964
Hires Dump/Load
Frame Skip
7zip Load support (Save in .7z and load rom save state and rom from .7z)
4x Anisotropic filtering
1/2 texture sizing
RSP plugin options