What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

SeymourOmnis

I kinda want a FPS speed limiter customizer! (Mario is as slow as hell!)

Seconded, but I want to give a different idea:

Playing fast MK64 at 80FPS is awesome, but playing it at about 130FPS is just too fast, customizing the frame limiter would be indeed awesome for this purposes.

CocoDodo

I should like to have a option where i can handle the speed of the game...
10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%, 125%, 150%, 200%

Its kool on the beginning to turn off 'the amount of FPS to 60' ( beperk FPS, ive got dutch version, my own language ).

Slow is good for game like Mario Party, and maybe even racing games, if its go fast for u... But Mario Party, something abotu that, the Mecha Fly game or something, u must keep it 10 seconds in the air, and i think about 80 rotations ( left up right down ), well i cant do that with normal speed! If i do that on 100%, it will be 12, so 10% must be 120, ennough to let that thing fly more than 10 seconds.

To add cheats is also a good thing... Like Zilmar said...

Theres a bug i think, its much with skies... I cant say what it does... But check out the game Top Gear Rally. or Pilowings or something... That one shows good what i mean... Its something with textures...

Krusha

The helpful one
Just my little list but im sure some of these are in the thread somewhere

$Microphone support

(deleted) thanks
$Individual control configurations for individual ROMs (Plugins?)
$Inbuilt hex editor

Last edited:

Tre

Oops. Died again.
One thing I would like to see added to the 1.7 release would be the ability to allow the same button to be mapped to two different locations. For instance, when you play OoT on the GameCube, you have the C-Buttons mapped to the secondary (C) analog stick, as well as to the X, Y and Z buttons. At present, you can not accomplish this without using the "Modifiers" option (I'm using N-Rage's Direct-Input V2 1.83 plug-in) and setting up a Macro to handle that button mapping.

I think it would be a nice little extra, for players that find it handy to have the secondary analog stick on their joypad used for C-Buttons, as well as using standard buttons. Such an example, would be while using a PSX controller (as I am) for games like Golden eye, and wanting really smooth movement and strife control at the same time. And for those times that you want to use a C-Button item in the Zelda games, without having to quickly jab your analog stick around (really tricky when trying to play those ocarina songs correctly).

Aside from that, I think Project 64 is the best N64 emulator out there, and I am grateful for all the hard work that goes into making it so.

JeePeR

I'm just gonna say this: NETPLAY/ONLINE GAMING! Imagine online tournaments on Perfect Dark or Goldeneye! please, PJ64, make netplay enabled on the new release!:bounce: :rolleyes: :satisfied

Tre

Oops. Died again.
I was thinking of another suggestion... how about multiple speaker support for soundcards that allow 4, 6 and 8 channels? I have tried Jabo's Direct sound plugin, and it doesn't support it, while Zilmar's_Audio does.

As for the multi-channels, the reason I don't use Zimar's is that it makes the game's sounds pop frequently. I haven't found any other plugin that supports it correctly, and would love to see it working in 1.7.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
sound comes out my 4 speakers with my Sb Live and Logitech Z-640 system

its matrix 5.1 if i press the matrix button on my speaker

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Oddly, I'm not getting that effect. Of course I have my speakers set up through individual channels. The primary sound-out is running all default Windows sounds... including PJ64. And while I'm a little ashamed in admitting this, 1964 and Nemu's emulators default sound plugins send the "non-windows" sounds to my alternate channels flawlessly. I don't use them, because I'm rather happy with the fact that PJ64 doesn't crash out on me for no reason. But likely this should have a different thread (so I'm not spamming the requests thread).

I want Windows vista support cause on vista, the application is changing the resolution and colors, then it works fine, but sometimes it crashes windows vista and sometimes, it losses all the plugins and it hapend alot on vista eventhough im on the minimum requirements (this happened to Project64 1.6 and erlier while using windows vista) and where is your "Works with vista" tag?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Not to punch a hole in your bubble, but... last time I checked, PJ worked with Vista. I have not encountered any of the aforementioned problems you describe.

rprsplitter9

I want Windows vista support cause on vista, the application is changing the resolution and colors, then it works fine, but sometimes it crashes windows vista and sometimes, it losses all the plugins and it hapend alot on vista eventhough im on the minimum requirements (this happened to Project64 1.6 and erlier while using windows vista) and where is your "Works with vista" tag?

I am running the Final Release version of Vista, not any of the RCs or Betas, and I have not seen any problem so far when comparing it to how it ran on XP. PJ64 runs perfectly fine on Vista.

razmar

this is more of a suggestion for what to do after project64 1.7 is finished then a idea for 1.7 since nds and n64 graphics are so similiar why not do a projectDS after finshing 1.7

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
They may look the same to YOUR eyes, but the hardware is completely different (the DS has TWO processors for example and can do 60 fps as compared to 30 for n64).
So it isn't going to be an easy thing even if you do N64 emulation.

Cyberman

this is more of a suggestion for what to do after project64 1.7 is finished then a idea for 1.7 since nds and n64 graphics are so similiar why not do a projectDS after finshing 1.7
As Doom mentioned that's not likely going to happened. The NDS uses 2 different arm processors ARM7TDM (known as arm thumb) and ARM9. These are quite different than the R4000 and specialized hardware (care of Silicon Graphics) in the N64, also the ARM9 has extensions to perform 3d data manipulation etc. The hardware is quite different, the emulation method is quite different. Simply put it's quite different.

Cyb